kelli underwood sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

how do you like my commentary?

*is round 17, its a token game between collingwood and north melbourne*

buckley gets the ball out, handpasses it to o'brien, kicks it towards half forward... and OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DALE "THOMMO" THOMAS TAKES THE MOST SPECTACULAR MARK OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!

this is my take:

well, he's certainly going to play a key part in the club's development...

thomas

and the difference will be more than 30 after this...

I swear some of the people in don't have existing brain cells.

1. She came from radio, where she learned about calling from the likes of Rex Hunt and Tim Lane (i.e. learning about professionalism and excitement);

2. She earned her chance because of point 1.

3. She gave it her best shot.

4. Will probably end up doing a lot of the news reporting instead.

BUZZZZ - Incorrect.

The only reason she was given the calling gig was because it's a PR stunt.

If she was really interested in making a go of it, why did she call VFL or Suburban football for one or two years to develop her style and more importantly her voice?

I remember hearing he first call, it was an Essendon v Carlton game on 3AW and she was calling with Rex and Tony Leonard - she seemed really out of her depth and couldn't work into a rhythm.

The strange thing is, I've heard her call netball and she isn't too bad calling that... but when it comes to football... sorry Kelli, but on your best day I still wipe the floor with you.

There are a number of us lower league footy broadcasters about that could easily do a better job, but the following facts work against us...

1) Not female - Thus no PR gimmick
2) Not a current or ex-AFL player - again, no PR Value
3) Not a journalist or current employee in another department with a footy network - No cross-promotion factor, or 'already on the books, so use'

Let me give you one example of an AFL caller that could do TV, just for commentary - Dan Lonergan at the ABC - Good Caller, Top Bloke, but unfortunately for him (and I think he'd agree - sorry Dan!) he's got a bit of a rough head for TV.

Kelli, well she met two of the 3 factors above, already an employee and she was female - Perfect PR stunt.

To say it's anything else is just complete BS. :(

to be honest, i found at least 3 other channel 10 commentators more annoying than her. robert walls would the be the first out the door if i ran channel 10.

but you know, if "annoying" is enough to get you sacked, then im afraid its justified in my book

send her back to the radio, where she can ply the trade for another few years

BUZZZZ - Incorrect.

The only reason she was given the calling gig was because it's a PR stunt.

If she was really interested in making a go of it, why did she call VFL or Suburban football for one or two years to develop her style and more importantly her voice?

I remember hearing he first call, it was an Essendon v Carlton game on 3AW and she was calling with Rex and Tony Leonard - she seemed really out of her depth and couldn't work into a rhythm.

The strange thing is, I've heard her call netball and she isn't too bad calling that... but when it comes to football... sorry Kelli, but on your best day I still wipe the floor with you.

There are a number of us lower league footy broadcasters about that could easily do a better job, but the following facts work against us...

1) Not female - Thus no PR gimmick
2) Not a current or ex-AFL player - again, no PR Value
3) Not a journalist or current employee in another department with a footy network - No cross-promotion factor, or 'already on the books, so use'

Let me give you one example of an AFL caller that could do TV, just for commentary - Dan Lonergan at the ABC - Good Caller, Top Bloke, but unfortunately for him (and I think he'd agree - sorry Dan!) he's got a bit of a rough head for TV.

Kelli, well she met two of the 3 factors above, already an employee and she was female - Perfect PR stunt.

To say it's anything else is just complete BS. :(

There is not single piece of actual evidence in this post or any other post referring to her employment as a PR stunt.

PROVIDE THE PROOF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some decisions are so bad when they're made (ie. not in hindsight) that it's only a matter of time before they're corrected.

eg. Giving Kelli a commentary gig, Essendon extending Knights' contract, CA making Pup T20 captain, etc

Kelli Underwood > Eddie McGuire

If she was a man with the same voice there would be way less bitching about her on BigFooty.

I generally agree with this.

Completely disagree. If she were man with the same voice, we would not only question the lame uninteresting calling style, but also lampoon and debete where his testicles had gone. Sort of like Anthony Hudson. He would be discussed mor imo.

Hudson, Lane, Walls... all terrible, channel 10 are just a joke. Kelly isn't the only one in need of replacing.

The Tennis in contrast do a great job of commentating, great female commentators and I love listening to the French dude. Knowledgeable, insightful and most of all they know the game they are calling.

The NBA callers on ESPN are also funny and witty, here's a snippet from an Atlanta Hawks vs Miami Heat game recently:

"Welcome back to edge-of-your-seat time as this game heats up in this critical last 3 minutes" - as the game returns from a Time Out, scores level.

"Can somebody please pick up a phone and dial the number 3" - with both teams failing to hit a 3-pointer in the last 5 minutes.

Hudson, Lane, Walls... all terrible, channel 10 are just a joke. Kelly isn't the only one in need of replacing.

The Tennis in contrast do a great job of commentating, great female commentators and I love listening to the French dude. Knowledgeable, insightful and most of all they know the game they are calling.

The NBA callers on ESPN are also funny and witty, here's a snippet from an Atlanta Hawks vs Miami Heat game recently:

"Welcome back to edge-of-your-seat time as this game heats up in this critical last 3 minutes" - as the game returns from a Time Out, scores level.

"Can somebody please pick up a phone and dial the number 3" - with both teams failing to hit a 3-pointer in the last 5 minutes.

thats hilarious...........................:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

kelli underwood sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back