Kellie Underwood

Remove this Banner Ad

for a bit of relief can i suggest taking to your ears with a cheese grater? feels so much nicer than putting them through the agony of listening to underwood.

for the sake of being PC the vast majority of footy followers now have to put up with something they cant stand.

Agree with most here, but we all know the sexist argument will come into it if people complain about her publicly. Sam will say something on TFS.

You would bloody hell hope not.

Let me be the first to say:

Kelli, from one chick to another, you sound like crap. It's a game of football not a horse race and you are supposed to be up with the play not one play behind and it's not just about commentating the game, it's also giving insight in what else is going on around the ground.

Between her and Richo and the fact that it is a one sided game - Channel 10 - huge FAIL

Nothing against her personally but I agree she is ordinary and agree also with the radio analogy just no passion or insight.

Perhaps if the ratings drop off TEN will get the message.

It wouldn't matter who was commentating people would still whinge and bitch and moan about it. She's not that bad, just different.

Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with the sex of the commentator. I also cannot stand listening to

Dwayne "unbelievable, in your dreams" Russell
and
Glen "suck that saliva back" jackovich

It wouldn't matter who was commentating people would still whinge and bitch and moan about it. She's not that bad, just different.

No, she's that bad :( There are plenty of commentators I have no issue with and a few I have slight issues with but I can't think of something positive with her commentary.

She'll still be saying "Wojcinski has kicked the ball, normally he likes to run with it" after the mark from his kick has been contested, gone to ground and Enright has shovelled out the hand ball. Her voice is grating and she doesn't appear to have any idea about the tactics in the game, one of the other commentators lead to her earlier talking about Geelong standing off their opponents for the last few seasons as a tactic, she had no insight and nothing to say. And she's getting players wrong :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh good lord. Delayed telecast just started on 10 and I flicked over just to heard how annoying it is. First 5 seconds switched back to the fox sports game.

??? I never once complained about Clint Grybas. I thought he was the perfect commentator. I'm sure everyone has a commentator who they don't complain about.

Grybas was a terrible football commentator, great basketball commentator, If I had to listen to footballers going 'down town', 'getting the job done' or any other wanky Seppo terms again I was going to go beserk. Thank god, Foxtel got rid of John Casey because he was the same.

And as far as insight, she has no less than,

Grybas did
Casey
Hudson
Quartermain
McAvaney
S Roberts
Brayshaw
Maher
Lane(s)
Maguire

Sorry she seems competent and knows her stuff but I just cannot stand her voice. I didn't judge before listening but once I did I just could not stand it and had to switch to the radio. I am not being sexist but I chose to watch what I find enjoying and I don't enjoy listening to her call the game, so much that I had to mute the tv.

^^It's all opinion, but I'm just saying that some people will not have a problem with some commentators.

I didn't say everyone has a problem with all commentators, but i could start a thread bagging any commentator, and there'd be people who'd agree with me. Likewise, there'd be people defending said commentator. That's how these threads pan out I guess. Nothing earth shattering there.

Up with the play and knows her stuff, but it's like listening to Fran Drescher.:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Kellie Underwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back