Kellie Underwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe I'm just slow, but is this the first time an active player (Richo) has commentated a game of footy?

Pretty sure Luke Darcy commentated whilst he was injured? Also Everitt commentated in his last year at the Hawks. Was pretty funny seeing him interview Clarkson after a game while still on the playing list.

She really is shit. I lasted less than ten minutes before I hit mute and turned on some music.

Women commentators in general do nothing for me, sexist and all as it is.

Re: the women commentator on 10

Far out its really annoying. She's even trying to think of puns that other commentators say like 'he is a long way from home'. It just doesnt sound right.

Don't agree with that, just need to find a female commentator who doesn't sound like Pauline Hanson. And a play by play commentator needs to be able to keep up with the play.

Agreed, I admit I was pretty harsh when the game first started but she has improved as the game has worn on but her voice is typical of country australia (ie. Jonathon Brown) and it really does grate.

A little bit of excitement wouldn't hurt - Mooney, mooney, mooney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, I admit I was pretty harsh when the game first started but she has improved as the game has worn on but her voice is typical of country australia (ie. Jonathon Brown) and it really does grate.

A little bit of excitement wouldn't hurt - Mooney, mooney, mooney

Haha, I wondered what you were on about, just got it in the delayed telecast :thumbsu:

Re: Female commentator for Geelong game

who the **** is it, shes doing my head in.
im not a sexist but females should not be commentating this is fuc*ing ridculous...richo is taking the piss out of her

Re: Kelli Underwood

I have no problem with women commentating on football; despite thinking she's a flog, Caroline Wilson knows enough about the sport to warrant media attention.

However it annoys me that it the media seem to employ women as a 'token' gesture; Sam Lane is detrimental to Before The Game, for example.

Underwood is rubbish to listen to for the following reasons:
* She couldn't sound less interested.
* It sounds as though I'm either listening to a game of netball or a local country league game.
* Her voice is hard to hear over the crowd; a lack of 'bass' probably plays a part.
* When you can hear her, it's quite painful listening.
* She can't keep up with the play.

Hopefully this was just an experiment by Channel 10, as I won't be tuning in if I have to tolerate yet another poor excuse for a commentator.

I really do have a problem with women commentating AFL, Im sorry but unless you have played the game in some capacity you cannot appreciate or value the challenges the players face.

Just as I dont think guys should commentate on netball.

With that said I dont have a problem with women commentating in cricket if she has played at a high level. Its just that there is no high level of AFL for women !

I Listened to a bit of her today, Pretty embarrassing for her and channel 10, But still I would rather listen to her than Robert Walls.

I read what you said, listened to her, and I think shes not that bad. It just sounds really different. Sort of like the female version of Tim Lane. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Kellie Underwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back