What the heck? Ken Hinkley in gambling/Greyhound Racing syndicate with players/staff

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy to get rid of horse racing too.

Your dog might have had a good life, but do you deny that the industry is full of low lifes and animal abuse/live baiting etc
Do you deny the rest of the populous has alot of low lifes and animal abuse?

Im extremely confident that more animal abuse occurs in the general public then in greyhound racing and at a greater percentage. Its illogical to treat a large financial asset poorly really.

Live baiting is done by dumbasses who get banned for a good reason. Its a much smaller percentage then the media tell you all up.

Do you deny the rest of the populous has alot of low lifes and animal abuse?

Im extremely confident that more animal abuse occurs in the general public then in greyhound racing and at a greater percentage. Its illogical to treat a large financial asset poorly really.

Live baiting is done by dumbasses who get banned for a good reason. Its a much smaller percentage then the media tell you all up.
what a crock of shit. the PROPORTION of animal abuse in the greyhound industry would be much higher than in the general public.

This greyhound is listed as 'retired' by the racing industry. It's actually dead

how many inquiries does there need to be before this barbaric industry is stamped out and all the roaches go find some other creatures to torture?

what a crock of s**t. the PROPORTION of animal abuse in the greyhound industry would be much higher than in the general public.

Despite countless examples of physical abuse, poor living conditions, and even doping dogs with meth - everyone insists that they (or they greyhound trainer they know) are one of the good ones :drunk:

Despite countless examples of physical abuse, poor living conditions, and even doping dogs with meth - everyone insists that they (or they greyhound trainer they know) are one of the good ones :drunk:

It just provides absolutely nothing to society and only exists because of gambling. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread the people with an interest in it are 90% of the time bogan deadshits.

It just provides absolutely nothing to society and only exists because of gambling. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread the people with an interest in it are 90% of the time bogan deadshits.
This is 100% true and is a absolute joke. It provides zero to society for sure

The states take the money generated for completely non-related use. Originally in the 1960s, horse racing was 100% funding things like RSPCA etc. Now it doesnt do that and is instead wasted on ivory backscratchers

Greyhound racing could single handidly fund every dog shelter in the state and thereafter double the intake/size of the sheltering institutions thereafter, but the govt wont spend the money that way....

Fact of the matter is RSPCA should be 100% govt funded by horse racing and dog shelters by greyhound racing tax because that was the intent of the tax until the greedy assholes took it for themselves

Last edited:
How many greyhound trainers do you think there are and greyhound dogs in ciruclation?

Its 10 times bigger then you realise. All this stuff is like 1-2% of the industry

Its also not a greyhound issue. The percentage of greyhounds in this conditions is much much much lower then any normal puppy breeders and normal dog owners. The issue with that article and these examples is you shrink the industry down to a size it isnt so the percentage can be larger, when thats just not the truth at all.

As I said before a greyhound is a asset so treating it poorly is a bit counter productive. The ones who treat them like this get kicked out pretty quickly and spotted. This is why you know about it as opposed to when my horse has a heart attack due to overtraining, which gets swept under the rug and ignored

Ive dipped my toe in both and from experience, greyhound is much safer and cleaner. Its not even close either. Difference is 1 person has a bigger lobbying/silencing group then the other

How many greyhound trainers do you think there are and greyhound dogs in ciruclation?

Its 10 times bigger then you realise. All this stuff is like 1-2% of the industry

Its also not a greyhound issue. The percentage of greyhounds in this conditions is much much much lower then any normal puppy breeders and normal dog owners. The issue with that article and these examples is you shrink the industry down to a size it isnt so the percentage can be larger, when thats just not the truth at all.

As I said before a greyhound is a asset so treating it poorly is a bit counter productive. The ones who treat them like this get kicked out pretty quickly and spotted. This is why you know about it as opposed to when my horse has a heart attack due to overtraining, which gets swept under the rug and ignored

Ive dipped my toe in both and from experience, greyhound is much safer and cleaner. Its not even close either. Difference is 1 person has a bigger lobbying/silencing group then the other

I know plenty about the industry. Scum people.

I know plenty about the industry. Scum people.

The industry doesnt make them scum. They are just scum. Scum exists in many forms and many industries.

Pretending its the greyhound or the greyhound racing aspect that makes them scum is giving them a bit of a out clause really. Guarantee said person is scum in every other way too

I know plenty about the industry here in Perth. It contributes more to dog shelters and dog re-homing then any other thing in the state. Unfortunately its not enough though, but thats not the greyhounds fault, thats the governments fault

Im certain if the greyhound money went to animal welfare like it should you would think differently for example

The industry doesnt make them scum. They are just scum. Scum exists in many forms and many industries.

Pretending its the greyhound or the greyhound racing aspect that makes them scum is giving them a bit of a out clause really. Guarantee said person is scum in every other way too

I know plenty about the industry here in Perth. It contributes more to dog shelters and dog re-homing then any other thing in the state. Unfortunately its not enough though, but thats not the greyhounds fault, thats the governments fault

Im certain if the greyhound money went to animal welfare like it should you would think differently for example

Of course it's not the dog's fault. I have a greyhound as a pet myself. She had previously been trained by a trainer who'd been caught giving banned substances to his dogs in order to get otherwise injured dogs to race.

It's great that they contribute to more dog rehomings that anything else though, it's just a shame that their previous owners view them as an asset with an expiry date rather than a living, breathing creature. I have no time for the greyhound racing industry, it's a product of a bygone era.

I'm happy to get rid of horse racing too.

Your dog might have had a good life, but do you deny that the industry is full of low lifes and animal abuse/live baiting etc
Even church is full of corruption and lowlifes .
When are you going to start potting that industry ?
Get a life and move on , no one cares

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it's not the dog's fault. I have a greyhound as a pet myself. She had previously been trained by a trainer who'd been caught giving banned substances to his dogs in order to get otherwise injured dogs to race.

It's great that they contribute to more dog rehomings that anything else though, it's just a shame that their previous owners view them as an asset with an expiry date rather than a living, breathing creature. I have no time for the greyhound racing industry, it's a product of a bygone era.
Thats the governments fault once again

The industry provides money for greyhound rehoming in the revenue created but they steal it for their own use.

More often then not in W.A the owner re-homes the dogs. Id say over 75% of the time atleast. 15% get re-homed via charities with 10% put down because of medical issues, which may sound bad but it still less then puppy breeding farms in that way

Even church is full of corruption and lowlifes .
When are you going to start potting that industry ?
Get a life and move on , no one cares
Church is for those people.

It's a hospital for the spiritually/morally sick. Which of course is everyone.

Pity most are too proud and self justified to submit to Jesus.

I mean first of all greyhound racing is cruel and disgusting, rife with lowlifes and full of animal abuse. There are only 7 countries where commercial greyhound races are still allowed, even in the US it only happens in West Virginia. It's basically the sport de jour for bogans who like killing dogs.

Ken Hinkley's long involvement with greyhound racing is well known (Just google if unaware).

Fine, if he wants to be an utter piece of s**t, whatever.

How the * is it ok for this guy to be in part-ownership/racing syndicates with current listed players and the general manager? How is that not a conflict of interest? How is that underperforming players like Lycett and Byrne-Jones enjoyed gold passes for years when their form did not warrant selection?

The Power to win!

A few weeks ago the SA Premier announced an inquiry into the industry. I mean nothing will happen, as usual they'll blame a few bad apples and the s**t will continue on, when in reality its rotten to the core.
superb melt.

Morals vs ethics.
It might be a shit industry, but it isn't illegal. If it's above board and they aren't using it as a way to hide player payments, what are they doing wrong legally, or even from a league point of view?

It's no different to players and coaches being part of horse racing syndicates

Morals vs ethics.
It might be a s**t industry, but it isn't illegal. If it's above board and they aren't using it as a way to hide player payments, what are they doing wrong legally, or even from a league point of view?

It's no different to players and coaches being part of horse racing syndicates
KgV4gCYeVubqS76sA4nrrzr3mmY=.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

What the heck? Ken Hinkley in gambling/Greyhound Racing syndicate with players/staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back