Kersten

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a better interview, it sounds like he might of been stressed by the whole process over the journey. Hence the knobby stuff he came up with earlier. We forget these guys are still young and most of them have their heart set on being AFL footballers and nothing else. He's a bit like the rest of us he wants it over with.

not sure he is going to be there at 16 though.

HAWTHORN coach Alastair Clarkson believes outcast forward Brendan Fevola may no longer be suited to the modern game, in a blow to his hopes of restarting his AFL career with this week's draft.

Makes you wonder what that says about Kersten in the modern game. wonder if that is why people are not sure about him.

That's a better interview, it sounds like he might of been stressed by the whole process over the journey. Hence the knobby stuff he came up with earlier. We forget these guys are still young and most of them have their heart set on being AFL footballers and nothing else. He's a bit like the rest of us he wants it over with.

not sure he is going to be there at 16 though.

If that is correct and GWS have ruled him out then you would think Brisbane is his most likely destination. They could use pick 8 for a midfielder and 12 on Kersten.

If that is correct and GWS have ruled him out then you would think Brisbane is his most likely destination. They could use pick 8 for a midfielder and 12 on Kersten.

Yep. i am not going to get too emotionally invested in getting him to Freo. There is a big chance he will be gone. As I said earlier, it may mean that we get a better midfielder than we would have otherwise. How's that for glass half full.

Yep. i am not going to get too emotionally invested in getting him to Freo. There is a big chance he will be gone. As I said earlier, it may mean that we get a better midfielder than we would have otherwise. How's that for glass half full.

Yeah I know, but gee would he be a perfect fit for the club. I can't put a number on how many times this year we won a clearance or delivered the footy inside 50 only to have it rebound immediately. There is always hope.

HAWTHORN coach Alastair Clarkson believes outcast forward Brendan Fevola may no longer be suited to the modern game, in a blow to his hopes of restarting his AFL career with this week's draft.

Makes you wonder what that says about Kersten in the modern game. wonder if that is why people are not sure about him.

I'm pretty damn confident a young " fev" would be bagging out if he were at carltank now.
Kersten has been likened to "darling" , he goes alright for a rookie.
Personally kersten's height is the bone of contention.

Smell's like Conca all over again. And they thought he'd slide to 20...

I'm pretty damn confident a young " fev" would be bagging out if he were at carltank now.
Kersten has been likened to "darling" , he goes alright for a rookie.
Personally kersten's height is the bone of contention.

I'm not too worried about that. in a few years he could grow another 1 - 2cm and be Pav height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not too worried about that. in a few years he could grow another 1 - 2cm and be Pav height.

i'm not too worried, either, if he can mark. fyfe goes alright marking everything, admittedly he's a freak, but he's about the same height and you'd back him every time the ball comes down. i haven't seen enough of kersten to make a call, but by reports he's a good mark and he's fast out of the blocks, which makes up for the height. if he's also clever, then it wouldn't factor much at all.

I'd be shocked if Richmond drafted kersten, considering they've got riewoldt & vickery.it would be like us going longer.

They probably have more pressing needs, but a quality third tall seems to be popular these days aka Kennedy, Lynch and Darling at WCE.

As for his height, it would only really be relevant in contested marking - not something which happens a whole heap in the modern game. Endurance, speed and smarts are more important IMO.

They probably have more pressing needs, but a quality third tall seems to be popular these days aka Kennedy, Lynch and Darling at WCE.

As for his height, it would only really be relevant in contested marking - not something which happens a whole heap in the modern game. Endurance, speed and smarts are more important IMO.

I take it you dont watch finals?? :confused:

Smell's like Conca all over again. And they thought he'd slide to 20...

Yeah but Freo were the only ones that thought Conca was going to slip to us. It was like they were thinking "if we say it often enough it will happen". Fantasy. There is a better chance of Kersten slipping to us, but i wouldn't bank on it.

I take it you dont watch finals?? :confused:
Ha! Tom Hawkins. Impressive, one game at least.

Didn't say it was a useless skill, just less important than it used to be and not the be all and end all.

Only 1 player averaged more than 2 contested marks a game this year (min 5. games). Just saying, no use whinging about Kersten's lack of height for something that might happen once a game. Seriously, what else is his height good for?

Ha! Tom Hawkins. Impressive, one game at least.

Didn't say it was a useless skill, just less important than it used to be and not the be all and end all.

Only 1 player averaged more than 2 contested marks a game this year (min 5. games). Just saying, no use whinging about Kersten's lack of height for something that might happen once a game. Seriously, what else is his height good for?

Not according to the AFL website. I count 12, that averaged more than 2 contested marks per game and played double digit games.

Good point, I'm scared of the AFL website. I used this site:
http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/player_rankings?team_id=0&yr=2011&sp=SE&rt=LA&fc=E1
They're the stats the coaches use! Why would they lie to me, I thought we were friends? ;-)

Either way, I just think other things are more important. That's my opinion :)

Now I don't know who to believe. Having said that i'm inclined to trust the pro-stats data over the AFL, for the reasons that you stated. The AFL stats seem to be provided by Bigpond sport, and we all know what Telstra is like when it comes to accurate data and website info in general.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kersten

Remove this Banner Ad

Back