Knight Ryders

Premiership Player
May 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Glenelg
It was a shocking week of Supercoach, with what must have been the lowest scoring round in around two years. If you scored over 2000 points this week, well done - no doubt your ranking took a good rise.

Player of the Week
Neon Leon is surprising everyone with his pnuenominal scoring this year and backed it up on his favourite ground (WACA) with a dazzling 176 points. If you haven't got him (like myself), unfortunately the boat has well and truly sailed. I'm not sure you can win Supercoach without him, given that he stays on the park.

Dud of the Week
Daniel Kerr's score of 23 must be the worst 26 possession game in history. Even Waite managed a score of 7 from 1 measly handball. If you're an owner of Kerr, you should be rightfully upset but don't make an emotional trade this week. You are probably still better off keeping Kerr - barring injury, he will come back from this. Trades are very precious this year.

Black Sheep
Jarrad McVeigh (454.1k). Started the year of in very ordinary fashion but over the last fortnight, he has started to generate the kind of scores which made him a premium last year. 5029 owners would have been stoked with his 158 last week, following up from his 111 the week before. Truly unique and good value to boot.

Class Over Ass
When you talk about class players in the competition, Adam Goodes (509.1k) shouldn't be too far away from people's thoughts. A proven Supercoach gun over many years, he is again gathering momentum going towards the latter half of the season. What I particularly like about Goodes is his possession to scoring ratio. Amassed 18 possessions on the weekend for a 111 point game.

$2 bin (for the fiscally challenged)
Big Roughnut - Roughy has been up and down like a yo-yo this year, but with his 51 score about to drop off his price changes this week, it may be the lowest he is all year. With the Hawks seemingly gathering some momentum (forgetting the last quarter on Sunday), Roughy should surely be presented with more opportunities to score goals. He could be the ideal pick-up for Higgins, given Higgins couldn't run past Andrew O'Keefe on the way to the bar.

On Beau Muston, wait a week unless you are absolutely desperate. Great debut, but he has a seriously suspect injury past.

KR's Man Crush for the Week
Josh Drummond takes the cake this week for pumping out a 136 against one of the most miserly teams in the comp. Am I right in thinking that he hasn't hit his straps yet either? We'll wait and see.

SC Anti-Christ for Rd 10
I can't see many of the big guns and popular Captain choices(Judd, Riewoldt, Ablett, Pendlebury, Neon, NDS) being stopped this week with Kane Cornes obviously playing under sufferance and others playing against teams that don't have great SC Anti-Christs.

But since this is a section of the ramblings, I give you Daniel Jackson. The many owners of Hasleby shouldn't expect a huge showing from him this week as I expect the Tigers to target Haselby with a very tight tag.

Weekly Observation
Many of the gun Supercoach coaches like to get their teams set by Rd 11-12 and then trade for injuries over the last half of the year. With the unusually high injury rate and the dropping of potential keepers like Houlihan, Skipworth, Higgins etc., I believe the winner could come from outside the top 100 in the last 4-5 rounds. This year, more than any other, is going to take more trades to set your perfect team. A 60 or 70 from a Sidebottom or Rich may be better at this time of the season than 4-6 donuts at the end of the season because you wanted the ideal team.

In regards to Neon, I had him in all pre-season and got cold feet when he turned in a stinker against the Cats in the pre-season final. D'oh!

About Ablett, you could probably get away with not having him if the rest of your team is very well balanced and you had both Neon and Riewoldt in the forward line. If you are thinking about getting Ablett, I'd wait another week for his price to bottom out, then jump on. You may want to think about how much money you spend on upgrading to Ablett though. If you spend 300k upwards to upgrade to Ablett, you may be better off spending that money to sure up your backline or forward line. In effect, you could bring in two keepers in the forward line and back line or Ablett in the midfield.

Ryder, another great blurb! :)

I too, HT am trying to bring in davis or riewoldt but at this stage I have 2 0's from krak and macaffer, I kept on waiting to see if davis and riewoldt would come ddown, i didn't have cash for roo when he was down.. The pies haven't had a horrible run so far with Davis scoring his worst against the blues who have been there hardest game yet. sorry, I forgot, they also played geelong where Davis didn't do to well either. Only got 80.

So i'm thinking he should come down a bit, but Ill see. would ahve been great to ahve those two from earlier on.

To Ryder...

Yes, Leon is great, but I think there are also other fish who will build up this year. This year, unlike last year does have weird differences, the greater injuries, the rookies who get 2 games and bugger off, broughton, greenwood etc.. I can see Hodge coming back to get some more points after round 12 or so. there seem to be more fluxuations this year.

Only other thing is that Roughy I am not too sure about, they may really piush franklin so he can get to 100 goals. Unlikely for him to get it, but seeing as there are two great scorersit in the hawks it seems unlikely he will be as good as some other scorers.

Everything else I can't say much about.

Good post again :)

If you want an anti-christ...look for Stiller. Killed NDS on Sunday and has been doing so most games. Will probably get Wells this week (Does North have another midfielder?).

Neon Leon is surprising everyone with his pnuenominal scoring this year

????

Is that when someone plays phenomenally well despite them having pneumonia?

Good Ramblings...

I'm trying to work a way to bring in Riewoldt and Davis...

but I guess this is not possible....:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I have Riewoldt payed 550K and Davis 510K already if i add Ablett to them is that a good move Imprompt:p. No.1 pick-up for the season for me is Zac Dawson from the start has been a star and his 89 last week beating Goddard Fisher and Gilbert was awesome lol.

????

Yes, Yes it is.

????

not only did he do it with pneumonia, but he did it on the waca which hasnt hosted afl games for years, davis really is an amazing player

I have Riewoldt payed 550K and Davis 510K already if i add Ablett to them is that a good move Imprompt:p. No.1 pick-up for the season for me is Zac Dawson from the start has been a star and his 89 last week beating Goddard Fisher and Gilbert was awesome lol.

Nice :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I got Dawson at the start too and he might be my 7th backman (along with Goddard and Fisher) :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am spewing that I never picked up Dawson at the start of the season.

Its dam frustrating too when a $83,000 former mega spud is outscoring your premiums like Goddard, Fisher, Gilbee, etc. :eek:

Seriously who would ever have thought it? :rolleyes:

ROFL...yes I got Zac Dawson, but I also got the outscored players of Goddard, Fisher, Gilbee

So it's like Dawson took Goddard's score and swapped it..Net Effect is Zero...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back