Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2011 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you have the Tigers taking Ellis and Markworth with 15 & 26 but I was wondering if you think they would be any worse off if they were to take Forster and Grigg instead?

We've had word from our club that one of the reasons we picked up lisle is because we rated him better than any of the KPP that would have been available at 29. You currently have us taking 2 mids early and a KPP late at 30. Lions do still need a KPP or 2, but we clearly want one with at least 1 of our first 2 picks. I assume we have our heart set on someone.

Under these circumstances, how do you see us drafting Knightmare? If we went a tall like Elton early, who is a small we might look at around 30 ?

I see you have the Tigers taking Ellis and Markworth with 15 & 26 but I was wondering if you think they would be any worse off if they were to take Forster and Grigg instead?

Ellis + Markworth are personal favourites. Think of those available they are the better fits and think they can go on to have the better careers of those available.

Doesn't mean Richmond would necessarily do badly with Forster/Grigg though.
Have heard there is the interest internally in Forster so he could very easily be your first round selection. Just depends who you rate and see as being the better fits. Grigg same story. Could be a reasonable selection at 26.

We've had word from our club that one of the reasons we picked up lisle is because we rated him better than any of the KPP that would have been available at 29. You currently have us taking 2 mids early and a KPP late at 30. Lions do still need a KPP or 2, but we clearly want one with at least 1 of our first 2 picks. I assume we have our heart set on someone.

Under these circumstances, how do you see us drafting Knightmare? If we went a tall like Elton early, who is a small we might look at around 30 ?

Have heard this theory also.

We will probably find out more over coming weeks. I don't see the value being hugely different at 8/12 as it would be at pick 30.

Elton is probably the more talented. Would be more confident in Paine/McInnes though.

If going tall you might even go after the ruckman and take Bolger at 12 since you only really have Leuenberger then no young developing rucks.

Ruckman is a big chance. We only have Bergs and Hudson as the injury back up. We delisted all our developing rucks as they weren't amounting to anything. Kerr will release a trade week wrap on the Lions site tomorrow, should give u an indication into our state of mind going into the draft. Wonder if someone like WHE slides to 8 if that tempts us to go small.

Ellis + Markworth are personal favourites. Think of those available they are the better fits and think they can go on to have the better careers of those available.

Doesn't mean Richmond would necessarily do badly with Forster/Grigg though.
Have heard there is the interest internally in Forster so he could very easily be your first round selection. Just depends who you rate and see as being the better fits. Grigg same story. Could be a reasonable selection at 26.
Thanks for the reply, just starting to do my reading up on possible draftees now that trade week is over and I have a clear idea of what picks we have.

Knightmare who are the better small crumbing forwards and where will they likely fall?

Chris 25 has you getting Toby Greene at 31 :eek:
I would take him in a heart beat at 27 if thats the case.
I think if he's available at 19 we'd take him tbh.

Is Grigg a Poor man's Josh Caddy, Obviously this is a type of player we are gunning for, a Geelong tough footballer type that isn't overly blessed with athletic ability but just a great footballing mind and strong core e.g Bartel, Chappy.

Something just says to me that if Grigg is available at 19 we'll take him.

Maybe Seb Ross fits this bill as well, also helps he is Jobes cousin.

With Essendon having 19 & 31 now.. Here's hoping our great minds that think alike can now become a reality (Seb Ross & Sam Kerridge land at Essendon)

Kerridge might be a chance at 31. Probably a few I like a little more though.
Ross will be a good get. Will surprise a couple. Good fit for Essendon.

Knightmare who are the better small crumbing forwards and where will they likely fall?

Not pure crumbing forwards but probably fwd/mids who could play some crumbing forward.
Devon Smith - 1st round.
Clay Smith - 2nd round.
Alex Woodward - 3rd round.
Haiden Schlothe - 3rd round.

As rookies - but probably more crumbing forwards:
Nic Maric and Anthony Anastasio also are options.

Is Grigg a Poor man's Josh Caddy, Obviously this is a type of player we are gunning for, a Geelong tough footballer type that isn't overly blessed with athletic ability but just a great footballing mind and strong core e.g Bartel, Chappy.

Something just says to me that if Grigg is available at 19 we'll take him.

Maybe Seb Ross fits this bill as well, also helps he is Jobes cousin.

Grigg doesn't really resemble Caddy. Not really the same hard ball winner. Caddy is an absolute bull at that hard ball. Grigg I don't ever see as being that dominant inside ball winner - even though he is improving.

Grigg is more an accumulator because his endurance and work rate is better than most - at u18 level anyway.

why has sundberg slipped out of your draft? supposedly is as fit as ever

Struggled late season with injury. Still a chance to go whether that be late/rookie. More than deserves it based on production this year. Had a fantastic season and has that versatility to fill a few holes for a club looking for that more immediate fit.

not sure if you've seen it knightmare but 23comeonshane posted this video of Zyrus Manson on the Freo board, Manson features from 55 to 1:50ish
[youtube]Ts2iNej-2vA&feature=feedu[/youtube]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knightmare, what are your thought's on Jackson Paine, do you think he could make it through to the Saints first pick? He would be ideal for us?

Also being from Ballarat myself, I was wondering if you could give me some thoughts on these lads:
-Tom Downie
-Nick O'Brien
-Coleman Schache
-Scott Spriggs
-Tony Lockyer
-Sam Dobson

I know there are some lesser names there, but just curious of your thoughts.
Cheers

Hey knightmare , what do you think the chances of grigg slipping down to the lions at pick 30? personally i think he'll be the the steal of this draft, Cheers

not sure if you've seen it knightmare but 23comeonshane posted this video of Zyrus Manson on the Freo board, Manson features from 55 to 1:50ish
[youtube]Ts2iNej-2vA&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Saw the footage on monday.

What encourages me with Manson is his production. Isn't just a Troy Taylor who shows bits and pieces, is hitting the scoreboard consistantly beyond belief.

Knightmare, what are your thought's on Jackson Paine, do you think he could make it through to the Saints first pick? He would be ideal for us?

Also being from Ballarat myself, I was wondering if you could give me some thoughts on these lads:
-Tom Downie
-Nick O'Brien
-Coleman Schache
-Scott Spriggs
-Tony Lockyer
-Sam Dobson

I know there are some lesser names there, but just curious of your thoughts.
Cheers

Downie has shown potential. Very much a project but there are allot of things to like. Endurance has a long way to go. Tapwork very good. Marking good. Think he will go in the main draft.

O'Brien's production has been impressive and always presents strongly and gives great effort. Kicking needs work if he wants to make the grade. Might go main draft, might go rookie.

Schache's production has been impressive. Work rate and endurance very good. Possibly doesn't stand out as much as I'd like. Probably more a rookie selection if taken.

Dobson has been productive as a medium forward. Marking good, work rate good. Probably more a rookie selection if taken.

Spriggs has super endurance. Off the charts beep test score. Unsure where he fits.

Lockyer probably haven't look at in enough detail to comment on. Maybe others can help.

Hey knightmare , what do you think the chances of grigg slipping down to the lions at pick 30? personally i think he'll be the the steal of this draft, Cheers

Chance, but probably will go earlier.

One for consideration if available.

Hey mate, what do you think of Jackson Coleman? Essendon usually take a project tall somewhere along the line, and Coleman seems a likely type from the little I've seen of him, is he a chance of being taken at 77?

Hey mate, what do you think of Jackson Coleman? Essendon usually take a project tall somewhere along the line, and Coleman seems a likely type from the little I've seen of him, is he a chance of being taken at 77?

One allot of have asking about.

Is 91 born so is those few years older.

Has potential but probably not nearly dominant enough for someone his age.

More of a rookie option if you take him.

Know much about Jackson Allen from Queensland? I believe he has been zoned to the suns. Where abouts do you think he would have gone in this draft if at all?

Know much about Jackson Allen from Queensland? I believe he has been zoned to the suns. Where abouts do you think he would have gone in this draft if at all?

Alex Sexton + Jackson Allen are the two GC signings.

Sexton best of the QLDers this year. Probably would have gone top 15.

Allen could easily have also gone 1st round, 2nd round at the latest. Has a decent kick on him with the penetration + accuracy. Speed good. Lively around the ground.

If there's one thing we don't need it's rebounding defenders, we already have Newman, Deledio, Houli, Batchelor, Morris, Dea, Connors.

Best available mid I'd be taking with our first pick, preferably inside to help release Foley, Martin, Cotchin and co.

saw the article on the AFL website about Brandon Ellis, all I know is that he is a medium defender at 181cm, any details about the kid? and I have seen a little footage of him and I have a feeling that he can play in the midfield and become a quality midfielder within the next 3 or 4 years at the top level, please shed some light guys

saw the article on the AFL website about Brandon Ellis, all I know is that he is a medium defender at 181cm, any details about the kid? and I have seen a little footage of him and I have a feeling that he can play in the midfield and become a quality midfielder within the next 3 or 4 years at the top level, please shed some light guys

Would be able to shift into the midfield without any difficulty but his preferred position is probably back flank.

Ready to play season one and have an immediate impact.

Worth checking out page 1 of this thread to get some more info.

But in short is a high production back flanker. Strong player with a stocky build. Good attack on the ball and has good toughness. Kicking very good and has great penetration. While there were probably some doubts on athleticism draft combine results completely eliminated any such conerns.

Knightmare, which midfielder in your opinion has the best kick in this draft ?

As a pure kick probably Brad McKenzie because he has that combination of great penetration and accuracy (Not Trent level) but quality none the less.

Sebastian Ross I'd have very high up there also. Decision making and ability to kick so well under pressure is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back