Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2011 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not knightmare but My bet is on his 20m sprint.

From the Mitch Grigg thread in Draft Watch:

I'll think you might find Griggs 20 metres times were hindered by the fact he kept breaking the beam with his arm setting off the timer before he took off thereby adding time to the result. Several kids did the same thing.

1 lad had a 4.35 result on 1 run then on the next when he got his start right he was back to 3.1.

Such is life.

And also:

Mitch Grigg - 3.19sec 20m sprint, 15.1 beep test

Steele Sidebottom - 3.25sec 20m sprint, 14.5 beep test

GWS will more than likely take
Patton,Coniglio,Wingard,Tyson and Longer and leave Buntine or WHE to Port now you would think.

From the Mitch Grigg thread in Draft Watch:

And also:

Unfortunate if much of this is true.

Testing isn't the only area which might see him drop. Some questions on his ball winning.

Allot of players just really moving up the draft order very quickly and that depth inside the top possibly 35 or even 40 is looking ok and fairly even which means Grigg among others might have a wider range than many realise.

The more I look into him, the more I think Seb Ross can push into the first round..

What are his deficiencies that see people rate him in the second round onwards?

Are you reading my mind?
Have been considering moving Ross into my first round for a while.
At the moment have Essendon taking him at 19 - but will update once trade week complete, since draft selections seem to change daily with all this trading.

There is very little I don't like and really isn't poor in too many areas. The main thing I'd like to see him improve is marking ability. Does win some of his own footy but could certainly get better in this area. Athletically while agile and has good quickness not a standout athlete and isn't really ever going to be a line breaker.

GWS will more than likely take
Patton,Coniglio,Wingard,Tyson and Longer and leave Buntine or WHE to Port now you would think.

Expect the same to happen also at this stage.

Can't see GWS passing on WHE. He'll be in the top 5.

I'd take: Patton, Coniglio, Tyson, Wingard and Longer top 5. Don't really see any of them dropping at this stage.
Hoskin Elliot would have to be that other player who comes into consideration with one of those early guaranteed selections since he is a unique + different player.

Just wondering if Lachlan Dalgliesh might be drafted earlier than the 60's now that he tested well in the sprints and clean hands tests?

Didn't finish top 10 in either.

Didn't finish top 10 in either

He finished top 4 in the 20m sprint, Top 3 in the repeat sprints and 4th in the clean hands test?

My apologies. Don't quite know what I'm reading.

Equal 4th clean hands.

Equal 3rd 20m sprint.

4th in agility.

Quite right.

Testing was good as expected.

Knightmare, you don't think GWS will risk calling Ports bluff and try getting Longer with pick 7?

Danair port will try to bluff gws that they are taking Longer but everyone knows they are in need of any of those quality mids that are available. This is only my opinion as with Longer they have Redden and Curnow already developing and Grundy next year available. Do not forget it takes at least 2 years for a ruckman to develop then they can return home.

Knightmare, you don't think GWS will risk calling Ports bluff and try getting Longer with pick 7?

Probably best to play it safe.

GWS need a young ruckmen. Have plenty of mids anyway.

GWS ruck stocks are very limited - Jonathan Gilles (who had a poor season) and Andrew Phillips (who is very raw and will take time) is really all they have.
Really need that depth of young ruckmen to come through like Gold Coast have to really set up for the future.

Longer (5) + Bolger (at maybe 14) is probably best and almost necessary unless they are expecting a Downie to be available later.

Port need mids more than they do rucks. But still just not worth risking it.
PA might go Taylor Adams and let Hoskin-Elliot slide for all we know.

What's your opinion on Ahmed Saad Knightmare?

Nice addition for St.K. Really like the trade in general, downgrading 1st round pick by only a couple of selections isn't anything big to give up and you add two players in the right age bracket to both help now as well as to built into the future with. Really not a whole lot of difference between pick 20 and 25.

Saad long term will replace Milne, but no reason why they can't co-exist next season.

Saad will add some nice tackling pressure inside 50, has that nice pace. Real goal sneak, very one sided but is good enough to play right away. Best of the small forwards running around the state leagues.

Milera also could turn out to be an ok pickup. Not a sure thing but has talent and has had a very good season in the SANFL. Worth a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danair port will try to bluff gws that they are taking Longer but everyone knows they are in need of any of those quality mids that are available. This is only my opinion as with Longer they have Redden and Curnow already developing and Grundy next year available. Do not forget it takes at least 2 years for a ruckman to develop then they can return home.

It's an idea worth dicussing and it will be discussed again next year with Port Adelaide and whether they go Grundy.

I do agree about Port Adelaide. They need the mids to compete now, because they were absolutely terrible this year, and adding that quality through the midfield will at least make them a little more competitive.

I think it will come down to GWS wanting to build up their list now. Those rucks take 4-6 years to develop typically, so adding those rucks from those early picks is necessary now if they want to contend in 4-6 years time. Since they don't have these on their list now, really is a need to start building that area now so that other needs can be adressed in later drafts.

How would you rate Waldhuters disposal? like a lot of people i love the look of him

Kicking penetration certainly good. In terms of hitting targets above average for an inside mid.
By hand probably not as precise as he could be, could certainly improve but certainly not terrible.

Kicking penetration certainly good. In terms of hitting targets above average for an inside mid.
By hand probably not as precise as he could be, could certainly improve but certainly not terrible.
Do you think he would be a good fit at Carlton, as an in-and-under extractor? Would he be available at our pick?

He sounds good although we don't exactly have the best footskills in the comp - something that I think we (along with all clubs) will continually address.

Do you think he would be a good fit at Carlton, as an in-and-under extractor? Would he be available at our pick?

He sounds good although we don't exactly have the best footskills in the comp - something that I think we (along with all clubs) will continually address.

If Carlton think there is room for another inside mid then certainly Waldhuter could be considered. Tackling is his biggest strength. At this stage not a big inside ball winner/ accumulator even though attack on the ball is good, but think this will come.

At this stage likely to be available, but could rise late.

Knights, when the GC had pick #4 alot of board had Buntine going at 4. How far do you think he could slide? The 2 needs that are the highest priority in consideration of the talent available for the Lions is a good decision maker off HB, and a mid with speed and hurt factor. Hoskin-E and Buntine seem to fut those options perfectly...How do you rate each of these 2 sliding to the lions and who would the lions pick if they had a choice?

Knights, when the GC had pick #4 alot of board had Buntine going at 4. How far do you think he could slide? The 2 needs that are the highest priority in consideration of the talent available for the Lions is a good decision maker off HB, and a mid with speed and hurt factor. Hoskin-E and Buntine seem to fut those options perfectly...How do you rate each of these 2 sliding to the lions and who would the lions pick if they had a choice?

Either could prove to be excellent gets. One, both or neither could be available on draft day. They both seem to be in that 5-10 range right now.

Not allot in it, there will be allot of debate in the Brisbane camp on draft day if it is comes down to Hoskin-Elliot v Buntine for the 8 spot and it would be an incredibly difficult decision. Possibly Hoskin-Elliot might be favoured, but that is more needs basis rather than a selection on quality.

Hi Knightmare,

Seeing that GwS already have Scully, Palmer and Ward and will most likely snatch Conigilio, Tyson and Wingard.
What are your thoughts on GwS drafting strategy, will they go for needs apposed to best available.

What I would really like to know is what are the chances of one of
Adams, Kavanagh, Sumner or Greene slipping to Melbournes pick 12.

Cheers

I would assume they will stick to best available talent, bar maybe a few KPP that they might want. You can't have too much talent on your list, if they have too many mids, it just gives them some trade fodder in a few years. No point risking good picks on players that might not work out.

Hi Knightmare,

Seeing that GwS already have Scully, Palmer and Ward and will most likely snatch Conigilio, Tyson and Wingard.
What are your thoughts on GwS drafting strategy, will they go for needs apposed to best available.

What I would really like to know is what are the chances of one of
Adams, Kavanagh, Sumner or Greene slipping to Melbournes pick 12.

Cheers

GWS will look to add the KPPs + rucks they like.
So Patton, Longer. Then maybe a Bolger or Paine could also be among those 1st rounders.

But probably won't just go KPPs for the sake of going KPPs, because in the 1st round probably many of the mids will be among the better of the players.

The likes of Wingard and Coniglio can pretty easily swing forward onto a forward flank. Then if a Devon Smith is drafted he can pretty easily be thrown into a forward pocket. So I don't think GWS will necessarily be worried about drafting too many quality mids, even though they already have plenty.

Kavanagh has been one who has talked about as a possible slider, good one to target if he does slide. Can also see Greene being available at 12, but with Jack Viney coming along next year who is a similar but slightly better player coming next year maybe you look at someone else.

GWS will look to add the KPPs + rucks they like.
So Patton, Longer. Then maybe a Bolger or Paine could also be among those 1st rounders.

But probably won't just go KPPs for the sake of going KPPs, because in the 1st round probably many of the mids will be among the better of the players.

The likes of Wingard and Coniglio can pretty easily swing forward onto a forward flank. Then if a Devon Smith is drafted he can pretty easily be thrown into a forward pocket. So I don't think GWS will necessarily be worried about drafting too many quality mids, even though they already have plenty.

Kavanagh has been one who has talked about as a possible slider, good one to target if he does slide. Can also see Greene being available at 12, but with Jack Viney coming along next year who is a similar but slightly better player coming next year maybe you look at someone else.

Not if you listen to Melbourne supporters they seem to think he would go top 3 next year if he wasn't a F/S pick.

Not if you listen to Melbourne supporters they seem to think he would go top 3 next year if he wasn't a F/S pick.

With O'Meara + Crouch going minidraft. Probably would. Absolutely machine Viney. Will be an excellent get for Melbourne.

Only Whitfield and possibly Grundy would be higher rated.

Viney even though he is that year younger is already better than Greene and many of those likely to go top 10 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back