Knights to coach Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Not many career minded assistants will be keen to get on board with Nights.

Most people in the footy world see it as an odd appointment and it has a whiff of the Ken Judge about it so no-one will want to be tainted with the Knights brush.

Or maybe he just didn't want to leave Perth and that's why he also knocked back other offers...

They are left with lots of youth a few ageing stars and nothing in the middle. In 2 to 3 years time they need to develop some of these kids and draft well or face a very difficult period.

And that is what Essendon are doing. In recent years, we've drafted more kids than anyone bar Hawthorn. By 2010, the guys that are unknown to you will be making their name, the likes of Gumbleton and Ryder will be 22 and will be ready to make a big impact. If you look at Geelong, their rise came from the same age bracket. Guys like Bartel, Ablett and Steve Johnson all took the next step. That's what Essendon will be hoping for.

Also, the so-called 'mass' retirement that Essendon is said to be facing is massively overrated. From our best 22 for next year, I would expect only 3 guys to have retired entering the 2010 season (Michael, Fletcher and Lucas). With the amount of young guys in our current side, the more time goes on from now is just a bonus. Naturally, there are going to be some challenges, like finding a new Full Back to replace Mal Michael/Dustin Fletcher, but Essendon is no different to anyone else in that regard. For example, the Bulldogs have worries as to how they'll replace Brad Johnson and Adelaide have worries as to how they'll replace Andrew McLeod.

I remember the Essendon brass arrogantly announced that they weren't just after the best available coach, but the BEST coach, period.
It seems like an amazing coincidence that the best coach in Australia was already on their books, plying his trade in Bendigo.

What a bunch of jokers! They sack Sheeds, get knocked back by Thompson and Williams, wipe the egg off their faces and hire their reserves coach.

The empire has well and truly crumbled. McMahon, Sheedy and Hird are all gone.

A second hand Peter Jackson suit > CEO Peter Jackson.

LMAO :D

Awesome post :D:thumbsu:

I remember the Essendon brass arrogantly announced that they weren't just after the best available coach, but the BEST coach, period.
It seems like an amazing coincidence that the best coach in Australia was already on their books, plying his trade in Bendigo.

What a bunch of jokers! They sack Sheeds, get knocked back by Thompson and Williams, wipe the egg off their faces and hire their reserves coach.

The empire has well and truly crumbled. McMahon, Sheedy and Hird are all gone.

A second hand Peter Jackson suit > CEO Peter Jackson.

the 'crumbling empire' bit is a bit ass clownish, but the rest are good enough reasons why there should be a bit of fireworks tonight at mvr.

Will these SEG people be wearing bags on their heads?

Do the Save Essendon people plan to speak and take questions? Since they've been extremely evasive when asked questions, just reverting to spitting out the same tired responses over and over, it will be interesting to see how they would continue to evade in that situation. Or maybe they won't even waste their time.

Are you suggesting that the Save Essendon Group is in fact TISM?

artist_tism.jpg

How did Bendigo go this year?

Who would have thought Knights was the best coach in the land. They have been hiding him well from the other clubs.

Not just the best coach in the land but the EFC (Jackson/Horsburgh) were indignant that Sheedy's successor have (A) Premiership experience and (B) come from a successful culture.

I love the RFC but by god, those two qualities and Richmond are mutually exclusive :rolleyes:

I wish Knighter the best but every time I think of the appointment, I let out a little giggle which at times works it's way down to me giving myself an almighty slap on the thigh.

Not just the best coach in the land but the EFC (Jackson/Horsburgh) were indignant that Sheedy's successor have (A) Premiership experience and (B) come from a successful culture.

Adj.1.indignant - angered at something unjust or wrong; "an indignant denial"; "incensed at the judges' unfairness"; "a look of outraged disbelief"; "umbrageous at the loss of their territory"

Stick to the 4 letter words thanks champ.

I love the RFC but by god, those two qualities and Richmond are mutually exclusive :rolleyes:

I wish Knighter the best but every time I think of the appointment, I let out a little giggle which at times works it's way down to me giving myself an almighty slap on the thigh.

I would be gutted if he was made coach of Richmond as much as I loved him as a player. But then again we tend to look at things from the outside.

He must have really impressed to get over Hardwick. Hardwick would have been popular with Essendon fans where Knights is going to take a sell.

Adj.1.indignant - angered at something unjust or wrong; "an indignant denial"; "incensed at the judges' unfairness"; "a look of outraged disbelief"; "umbrageous at the loss of their territory"

Stick to the 4 letter words thanks champ.

Quite right.. I was laughing so hard I wasn't thinking straight.

Let me rephrase that please.

Most of the EFC supporters/members are indignant at such a curious, 'left field' coaching appointment.

Don't much like pedants but I'll grant you that. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well i guess we will see soon enough, maybe fake beards?

as to why many go direct to defensive or belittling positions once the questioning of the actions of 'those who must be obeyed' is raised is beyond me

i would have thought clearing the air would be just the tonic efc needs atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Knights to coach Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back