Knights to sign....

Remove this Banner Ad

There aren't any quotes from the club or Knights' manager or anything.

Is Rucci just trying to get our hopes up?

Hopefully we hear some news from the club tomorrow. It would definitely be great to have Knights on board for the rest of his career.

Assuming Knights does ink a new deal with the Crows, you'd have to wonder how aggressive Adelaide actually intends to be come trade week.

Hopefully we hear some news from the club tomorrow. It would definitely be great to have Knights on board for the rest of his career.

Assuming Knights does ink a new deal with the Crows, you'd have to wonder how aggressive Adelaide actually intends to be come trade week.

If Knights stays, then you'd say we'd have a "softish" trade with Griff (and some picks) for either an upgraded pick or a three way trade with another club. Can't imagine there'd be many more unless we are going to trade our early picks.

I'll probably be shot down but i have mixed feelings with Knights I think I'd rather trade now while his value is fairly high. I know that footy is a business and they must get the best deal for themselves blah blah blah but I want players in our club that are going to bleed red, yellow & blue.

The way he has been shopping himself around to Melbourne clubs is not the sort of player I want at my club especially someone who wants to be in the leadership group. This is not setting the sort of example that should be set for our next generation. No doubt we'll go through this all again in two years if he does re-sign.

The loyal ones who bleed red, blue and yellow are often the crappy ones who no one would want anyway.

If we have good players then we're going to have the Knights and Tippett situations, it's inevitable. The only way we can consistently hang on to good players and have them want to play for us is to have team success.

I'll probably be shot down but i have mixed feelings with Knights I think I'd rather trade now while his value is fairly high. I know that footy is a business and they must get the best deal for themselves blah blah blah but I want players in our club that are going to bleed red, yellow & blue.

The way he has been shopping himself around to Melbourne clubs is not the sort of player I want at my club especially someone who wants to be in the leadership group. This is not setting the sort of example that should be set for our next generation. No doubt we'll go through this all again in two years if he does re-sign.

Using your logic, Freo should have traded Pav long ago - he shops himself every time his contract is up. And I reckon he bleeds purple, green and whatever the hell other colours they have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll probably be shot down but i have mixed feelings with Knights I think I'd rather trade now while his value is fairly high.
His value is quite low at the moment
last year we could of gotten him off for a 1st round draft pick and an average player

with him being off the field all year, he has lost alot of value
and would be going for a mediocre player and a 3rd round pick

Adelaide will not accept that
if Knights wants back to Melbourne he can do 1 of 2 things

be a complete w***er and do a Luke Ball
or play out 1 great season with Adelaide, and look to go home via trade weke next year

(Knights to Melbourne, 1st round draft pick to GWS, Viney to Adelaide??? :p)

An article last week on Knights called him a second round pick so Rucci has just re-used that.

You can understand clubs like North, St Kilda and the Dogs throwing every spare $ they have at him, he's a gun. He's the perfect goal-kicking icing to a decent midfield.

Crikey I hope he does re-sign, I'd love a three year deal. C'mon Knighta! That photo in the Tiser article of him celebrating a goal got me very excited.

Solid work from our favourite journo again............

Poor old Rooch.

I have sent a comment re his article pointing out to him that googling '2004afl draft' can get you the actual draft result to check his actual draft position in under 30 seconds.

They all say they haven't the staff to check facts anymore but that is just so easy to check! Pick 56 is such a long way from the second round!

I have sent a comment re his article pointing out to him that googling '2004afl draft' can get you the actual draft result to check his actual draft position in under 30 seconds.

I typed in Chris Knights draft and had it in about 5 seconds.

Using your logic, Freo should have traded Pav long ago - he shops himself every time his contract is up. And I reckon he bleeds purple, green and whatever the hell other colours they have.

There is a big difference between what Pav has done in the past and how Knights has gone about it this time. The bottom line is the asking price Knights went to other clubs with was too high.

Even if you dont think there is a difference between Pav & Knights do we really want to compare anything associated with Freo? Now there's a team with a history/culture of success. :rolleyes:

He told a few of us at the final game that he had just finished building a house, and looking forward to moving in after a trip to Bali.

Houses can be sold or rented out though.

Bit more promising today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Knights to sign....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back