Known Bugs/Issues

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I am very disappointed in is the Richmond theme song. I have no idea what version it is, but it's not the one used in the real AFL season, I really dislike it. It takes all the awesome out of listening to the best theme song in the AFL.:(
Noticed this with other clubs too. They're cheap knock-off versions.

Re: First AFL Live Glitch?

Absolutely unforgivable that this game crashes during normal season games. How the hell are people supposed to get full-season achievements/trophies with a team like St.Kilda if they can't even complete some games without simming? And why the hell weren't these bugs picked up in the test runs? I'd imagine that this series has been irreversibly destroyed for a lot of casual gamers who don't have access to any online patches that may come out to fix these bugs.

Absolutely unforgivable that this game crashes during normal season games. How the hell are people supposed to get full-season achievements/trophies with a team like St.Kilda if they can't even complete some games without simming? And why the hell weren't these bugs picked up in the test runs? I'd imagine that this series has been irreversibly destroyed for a lot of casual gamers who don't have access to any online patches that may come out to fix these bugs.

totally agree

you pretty much have 1 game mode - season

aaaaand its stuffed

i predict many many copies of this sitting in the pre owned sections of EB and JB

Agreed. I honestly don't want to go back to playing knowing that I will get nothing for completing my season.

A ball punched over the goal line after the siren is not counted as a score. Unless I am wrong and it isn't a score...

Nah happened to me.

I'd imagine that this series has been irreversibly destroyed for a lot of casual gamers who don't have access to any online patches that may come out to fix these bugs.

Calm down buddy. Yes, its a bad mistake, but to say the series has been irreversibly destroyed is a little OTT.

It really is baffling as to how those bugs can get through. As you said - absolutely unforgivable.

Calm down buddy. Yes, its a bad mistake, but to say the series has been irreversibly destroyed is a little OTT.

If you spent $100 on Call of Duty only for the game to freeze every time you beat the 8th mission in campaign, and there was no way of fixing it, you'd be bloody pissed and would seriously question yourself in purchasing the next installment, would you not?

Not everyone who buys these are hardcore gamers, in fact I'd say the majority aren't. Sometimes, one bad experience can turn a lot of people off ever buying the next game again.

It does suck. I see nothing to aim for now. Knowing that the only way I will get full season achievements is by playing with other teams is f*cking annoying to be honest. This needs to be fixed ASAP. If it doesn't, I can honestly see myself taking the game back.

If you spent $100 on Call of Duty only for the game to freeze every time you beat the 8th mission in campaign, and there was no way of fixing it, you'd be bloody pissed and would seriously question yourself in purchasing the next installment, would you not?

Not everyone who buys these are hardcore gamers. Sometimes, one bad experience can turn a lot of people off ever buying the next game again.
Yes

Call Of Duty has had 7 games in the series, and has a very, very large budget.

AFL Live is the first game in the series and had a very, very small budget.

It does suck. I see nothing to aim for now. Knowing that the only way I will get full season achievements is by playing with other teams is f*cking annoying to be honest. This needs to be fixed ASAP. If it doesn't, I can honestly see myself taking the game back.

Something which I'm sure you would not have seen yourself doing in a million years this time a week ago.

It is disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so what coxy for your average joe gamer kid who doesnt read bigfooty who mightnt have the internet whose parents have just bought him the game goes home a) sees the limited features and b) cant get past round 5 with his favourite team and cant work out why

game returned - and next one most likely not bought

i can see it happening a lot

WTF is with this game and glitches. I have experienced half of what has been noted here, the more I play, the more I find. Just god damn BigAnt are lucky I am getting better at it and having such a good time actually playing the game. If the glitches and stuff weren't there, this game would be ten-fold better. Just frustrating little things. Meh, I'll keep it. Just need it to sell well so BigAnt can try it again and improve.

Something which I'm sure you would not have seen yourself doing in a million years this time a week ago.

It is disappointing.
Exactly.

Honestly, I think I was one of the ones that was the most confident in this being a magnificent game. I've been let down unfortunately.

anyone had the issue of people running over the mark online? i think once when just outside the 50 the guy stading in between the mark touched the ball and it was called play on - this and there is no 50 metres for crossing the mark at all. (ive played about 5 games so its happened a few times)

Yes

Call Of Duty has had 7 games in the series, and has a very, very large budget.

AFL Live is the first game in the series and had a very, very small budget.

It doesn't take a million dollars to iron out a bug like this. 12 or so other teams can be played with for a whole season perfectly fine.

It's basically just them not checking every nook and cranny before releasing the game, which when trying to establish a new market, they should have done.

I'm noticing quite a few players have the wrong numbers. Judd is #1 when he's really #5, J.Riedwoldt is #6 when he's really #8, and N.Ablett is #1 when he's really #55 (when his stats come up it even has 55 where the player's number is shown!). I don't know if I've done something, but yeah I wasn't too pleased about it. I suppose it isn't game breaking, and not nearly as bad as some of the other things I've been hearing on here. It's a shame, because behind all this is a fun game to play, but these bugs, even for a small budget company, is not good enough IMO.

It doesn't take a million dollars to iron out a bug like this.

Thanks Ben.

It doesnt take a million bucks to fix it, but the more people you have making and testing the game the less likely it is to happen.

It's basically just them not checking every nook and cranny before releasing the game, which when trying to establish a new market, they should have done.

A game like this was always going to have some bugs/glitches, every game has bugs and glitches. For this to be the major one isnt such a bad thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Known Bugs/Issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back