Known Bugs/Issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: First AFL Live Glitch?

Solution. Dont buy a console that only allows you to play online after paying for it.

The ability to download patches and things of the like is a free service. I'd imagine a lot of people simply have no interest in playing online, therefore don't bother setting up a Live account.

holy crap you girls are whingers, did you every buy nba 2k10 or 2k11 or hell half the nba live series, they came out of the box full of glitches as bad as these, ive been playing the game for about an hour and havent found any yet really the controls will take a bit to get used to but so far is a pretty good game and those patches of plays when you string a couple of handballs and kicks together are pretty special, chill out, wait for a patch and take your hand off it for a while hey?

The ability to download patches and things of the like is a free service. I'd imagine a lot of people simply have no interest in playing online, therefore don't bother setting up a Live account.

Thats ok but the reason there is no interest playing online with xbox is because it charges you.. Which is why no1 buys an xbox obviously

On xbox 360.

Twice i've had players shoot for goal only to have their shots blocked only to have the commentator say that it went threw for a goal.

When i use my sub for some reason you carn't hear the commentry for the rest of the game.

Not sure if this is a glitch but i create my own player and carn't see him in the squad for the proper season or Nab cup options.

Im playing is the dogs.

Patches are still D/L with a silver membership which is free.

Or so i think it is.

Thats ok but the reason there is no interest playing online with xbox is because it charges you.. Which is why no1 buys an xbox obviously

The only people who can't afford Xbox Live Gold these days are 12 year olds or the homeless. $74 a year is nothing, comparable to taking your wife and kids to a football match or two.

So they google the problem, find they need a patch, find they need a live account to get that patch, create a live account, download the patch.

Problem?

I had that, then I went to options, adjusted the commentary sound which makes Dennis voice a few test phrases, went back into the game and it was fine. Haven't seen it after that.

Tried that, but didn't work. Oh well, if it's only a one off thing it doesn't bother me much. The game freezing however is an issue.

We are working on a patch.

Any game that has an update when you first get it near release is what we call a zero day patch - many, many games have this. If the date hadn't been broken we would have been close to the zero day patch.

Any game that has an update when you first get it near release is what we call a zero day patch - many, many games have this. If the date hadn't been broken we would have been close to the zero day patch.

Fantastic news Ross, thanks for the update :)

Will you also let us know what has been fixed when the patch is released?

Great news Ross. What will the patch include.

I love the game and haven't had any issues but the amount of stoppage is a concern, need to be able to sprint away and break the lines a bit more. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the info ross :)

I'm having trouble trying to figure out why the player stats of the games were left out...any reasons for this? Would love to see how the hacks in my team are doing :p

I love the game and haven't had any issues but the amount of stoppage is a concern, need to be able to sprint away and break the lines a bit more. :thumbsu:

Definitely. Either more speed when sprinting or less tackles sticking. Need to lower that stoppage count.:thumbsu:

Couldn't agree more, it's unplayable for me atm because of these 2 factors. I want to be able to play a free flowing game, not St Kilda v Sydney.

Fantastic news Ross, thanks for the update :)

Will you also let us know what has been fixed when the patch is released?

We will. We are watching the threads here and compiling issues, some real, some not :) and will consider the depth of a particular issue and balance it with the requirement to get something out to you as soon as possible.

Also, I had a bug where my player wasn't bouncing the ball even though I wasn't sprinting or holding Y to fend off. I was really annoyed when it happaned too as it was the first time I'd actually found some space in the centre square. I had about 40m of clear space ahead of me then I got pinged for running too far. :(

We will. We are watching the threads here and compiling issues, some real, some not :) and will consider the depth of a particular issue and balance it with the requirement to get something out to you as soon as possible.

Awesome, thanks :)

Just so you know (not sure if it matters, but hey, I've always given my 2c (and then some :p)) here's my list (in order) of things that need to be fixed:

1. Season mode has to be completable by all teams without "simming". I have no doubt this is at the top your list too :)

2. More speed when sprinting so there is less stoppages and more excitement.

3. Maybe a clearer indication when to go for the mark/spoil? Maybe make the controller vibrate like it does in ruck contests or have your defenders stick closer to their opponents? I'm not sure on this one.

5. I wish we could set up our team using the map of the oval that displays the teams at the start of each game. I think that would be so much more user friendly than the current tabbed menu thing.

6. Jack, not Jeff Darling :p Only reason this is last is because it has zero gameplay ramifications :)

EDIT: The team selection menu is inconsistent when you play a competition. One one side it has pictures of the club logos, then on the other side it lists the clubs in alphabetical order. I prefer words to pictures so naturally look at the list of team names, and start scrolling down towards the Eagles and it moves all over the place and the Eagles aren't selectable. Took me a while to realise the controller is linked to the logos, not the team list. I think this needs to be redesigned so that there isn't two completely unrelated groups of info (if you know what I mean). I hope I've described this properly.

3. Maybe a clearer indication when to go for the mark/spoil? Maybe make the controller vibrate like it does in ruck contests or have your defenders stick closer to their opponents? I'm not sure on this one.

There's a setting in the menu during/before the game to make your defenders stand side by side with their direct opponents. Worked well for me and had no uncontested marks in defensive 50 in my following games :)

I would still like to know why there are no full player stats after the game! Or maybe I just can't find them?

I would like to add the following

1. Custom teams pushed to $8million cap to allow for at least some movement of players.
2. Customized AFL teams available for us online as mentioned in the manual.
3. When swapping a player in team management I think it would be easier to swap about when you list them by position rather than by highest ranking player for that position. Not sure if everyone agrees with this.
4. Obviously the issue some people have had with the season.
5. Smaller issues such as player names and correct kicking foot as a last priority :p

I would like to add the following

1. Custom teams pushed to $8million cap to allow for at least some movement of players.
2. Customized AFL teams available for us online as mentioned in the manual.
3. When swapping a player in team management I think it would be easier to swap about when you list them by position rather than by highest ranking player for that position. Not sure if everyone agrees with this.
4. Obviously the issue some people have had with the season.
5. Smaller issues such as player names and correct kicking foot as a last priority :p

1. Has to be more spacing when sprinting, less stoppages and make breaking tackles easier.

I'm noticing quite a few players have the wrong numbers. Judd is #1 when he's really #5, J.Riedwoldt is #6 when he's really #8, and N.Ablett is #1 when he's really #55 (when his stats come up it even has 55 where the player's number is shown!). I don't know if I've done something, but yeah I wasn't too pleased about it. I suppose it isn't game breaking, and not nearly as bad as some of the other things I've been hearing on here. It's a shame, because behind all this is a fun game to play, but these bugs, even for a small budget company, is not good enough IMO.
Did you stuff with the lists? Because that's the only reason they would be changing.

All those players are their real life numbers in mine.
i thought online would be good, but its not.
have u played online
its ****ing glitch central
game needs so many patches its no funny
HORSE SHIT!

I have now played around 20 games online so far and not once have I encountered any glitch or bug. Sure there may be the occasional spike of lag and see a rubber band moment, but these are latency issues nothing to do with the game.

I figure you're both trolls and haven't played the game because of the shit you spout...either that or you're both TERRIBLE at the game. Can easily see either being true.
Jeff/Jack Darling is a glitch (albeit easily avoidable during testing). But people aren't really complaining about that one, just letting Big Ant know about it. What we are complaining about is the inability to play an entire season without resorting to "simming". That's the heart of the game!
Actually this one is called an error. A glitch is more something wrong with the game causing it to break in some way/shape/form. Not a spelling error.
Noticed this with other clubs too. They're cheap knock-off versions.
Yeah all the theme songs are weird, the freo song sounds even worse....
Definitely strange versions of the songs.

I can only warm to the Richmond song mainly for the lyrics and the Yellow and Black, everything else sounds a bit...I dunno, Mardi Gras?*

*no homo

Remove this Banner Ad

Known Bugs/Issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back