Koby Stevens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my point! If you did you wouldn't be so keen.

If people are going to talk someone up or bag them they should be well aware of what they can or cannot bring to the table.

Has anyone seen much if this guy? Doesn't seem to have had much of a crack at it. I don't think inside mids can be expected to make a huge impact as sub at 3/4 time.

In WAFL i have , he hits very hard and is ready to play AFL I would imagine , needs opportunity . On Perth news over here Essendon / WB / StKilda are interested in trading Stevens onto there list .

Has anyone seen much if this guy? Doesn't seem to have had much of a crack at it. I don't think inside mids can be expected to make a huge impact as sub at 3/4 time.
Yes i've seen him play a lot of WAFL and yes he does go in hard and can get a lot of the ball but he lacks polish and composure. He's the type that will miss easy goals under no pressure.

You must do it with closed eyes because Kobe's kicking is not bad. Unless you were mistaking him for swift...

False really? Why then does Swift get a game before him?

11 goals 12 behinds this year with 7 out of bounds on the full...around 300 possessions from his 15 games. Ask any East Freo mates of yours and they will say the same thing.

11 goals 12 behinds this year with 7 out of bounds on the full...around 300 possessions from his 15 games. Ask any East Freo mates of yours and they will say the same thing.
Most Wce supporters aren't sure why Stevens got games ahead of swift. Swift did perform better in the WAFL has better pace and fitness etc. Maybe thats why. Our board is pretty split about it.
Doesn't change the fact that Stevens kicking is not poor. Unsure if you have seen him play as much as you claim.

Most Wce supporters aren't sure why Stevens got games ahead of swift. Swift did perform better in the WAFL has better pace and fitness etc. Maybe thats why. Our board is pretty split about it.
Doesn't change the fact that Stevens kicking is not poor. Unsure if you have seen him play as much as you claim.

I have a fair bit to do with South colts so yeah I watch a fair bit of WAFL and not just South games.

I'd be staggered if someone like Swannies agreed with you that his kicking wasn't as I mentioned. Not here to argue it's just my opinion from viewing him in the WAFL a fair bit.

The point I was making is that IMO he is not worth the pick 40ish that i've read in this thread. Would anyone trade that sort of pick on Swift? Unlikely, so why would you trade it on a player who can't get a game ahead of him.

I have it on good authority that Koby informed the Eagles mid-year that he wouldn't be seeking a contract extension.

Hence a lack of opportunity!

I have a fair bit to do with South colts so yeah I watch a fair bit of WAFL and not just South games.

I'd be staggered if someone like Swannies agreed with you that his kicking wasn't as I mentioned. Not here to argue it's just my opinion from viewing him in the WAFL a fair bit.
His kicking is not elite but comments such as he couldn't hit the side of a barn are typically reserved for players who really really can't kick. There is nothing wrong with koby's kicking it's just average. Has decent to good penetration and average accuracy.
I think you would find that swannies, EH etc wouldn't say that koby's kicking is a barrier to him succeeding as an AFL player like it is for other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs help for sure, not sure Koby is the answer though.

If we don't have to give up too much I'm willing to give him a try, but reading the WCE board he doesn't seem that he'll be missed when he leaves which says something.

I'll miss him. I hate the fact that another club will benefit cheaply. I really rate him and would have had him as Kerr's replacement. Unfortunately Kerr could play another 3 years.:(

I'll miss him. I hate the fact that another club will benefit cheaply. I really rate him and would have had him as Kerr's replacement. Unfortunately Kerr could play another 3 years.:(

I can see us trading for him.

He seems to be just the type of player that Macca likes - big bodied mid, hard hitting, great attitude, but questionable disposal!

I imagine we'll start the offering with pick 48, and then move to pick 41 to get it done...

erm because when swift played we needed a winger. stevens is not a winger.

Its pretty obvious that clubs dont rate stevens as highly as fans/supporters , when quality is available it usually doesnt last long and deals are either done quickly or the seller is holding out for more value.

With Stevens it looks like clubs will just take him if he comes cheaply as either depth or security type player, I mentioned on this board a while back that his value would be between 35-50 and the w/coast supporters were outraged and believed he was worth an early 2nd round.

Any pick around the 40 mark is a good result for both stevens & west coast

Its pretty obvious that clubs dont rate stevens as highly as fans/supporters , when quality is available it usually doesnt last long and deals are either done quickly or the seller is holding out for more value.

Lol. Tippett, Judd, Caddy. Most of the time when there's quality it takes until the last day or 2 to get the deal done. Dont know where you pulled the "usually doesnt take long" from

The Doggies have #41 from the Lake Deal - Perfect value for both teams

If Essendon are in Play they may use their 2nd which is about #35, but they will probably want swapping later on in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back