Koby Stevens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Doggies have #41 from the Lake Deal - Perfect value for both teams

If Essendon are in Play they may use their 2nd which is about #35, but they will probably want swapping later on in the draft.

Essendon with pick 35 would probably get it done.
But if we were to trade with Essendon then I would hope we might go after one of their numerous key backs for Stevens + a pick.

Whats he shown ??? just played 57 average games and is an in between height- 3rd tall who are hardly sought after tbh.

Not all his games were average.
Would've played more if he wasn't crueled by injuries.
Yes, he's short. But he's basically the same height as Glass.
Hardly sought after seems irrelevant.
Pears' value should be greater than Stevens'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not all his games were average.
Would've played more if he wasn't crueled by injuries.
Yes, he's short. But he's basically the same height as Glass.
Hardly sought after seems irrelevant.
Pears' value should be greater than Stevens'.

WHY ?
Inside mids are worth more than 3rd talls - specially average 3rd talls

WHY ?
Inside mids are worth more than 3rd talls - specially average 3rd talls
Pears is not a third tall, although he could be played as one, his first two years were brilliant, he was defending well and rebounding out of defence, I can understand why you would think he is average but injuries have held him back. KPP's who have shown quite a bit are worth more than inside mids who are yet to show anything at AFL level, lets hope Koby can do that whether he ends up at Essendon or not.

Most of you guys obviously haven't been watching too much WAFL footy over the last couple of years because if you did you wouldn't be so desperate to get Koby. He's a bigger version of Schammer (couldn't hit the side of a barn, even if he were inside of it.)

That is just completely false.

You must do it with closed eyes because Kobe's kicking is not bad. Unless you were mistaking him for swift...

Completely agree with Tundrawolf. I have no idea whether you guys are even watching WAFL games but Kobe Steven's disposal is very very average. I would say almost worse than Swifts.

Koby Stevens had a game earlier this year against GWS where he had the ball 19 times and supporters were raving about his performance.... yet I was shaking my head at how he continually was turning the ball over, missing targets and choosing the wrong option.

The funny thing is Swift used to cop it in the neck from supporters for his disposal... yet Stevens who was worse was the golden child and people looked past it... just like Eric Mackenzie's disposal is not talked about. The fact Swift kept getting picked ahead of him says all you need to know.

Completely agree with Tundrawolf. I have no idea whether you guys are even watching WAFL games but Kobe Steven's disposal is very very average. I would say almost worse than Swifts.

Koby Stevens had a game earlier this year against GWS where he had the ball 19 times and supporters were raving about his performance.... yet I was shaking my head at how he continually was turning the ball over, missing targets and choosing the wrong option.

The funny thing is Swift used to cop it in the neck from supporters for his disposal... yet Stevens who was worse was the golden child and people looked past it... just like Eric Mackenzie's disposal is not talked about. The fact Swift kept getting picked ahead of him says all you need to know.

even though you obviously see alot more of him than i do, i tend to agree. his disposal is quite ordinary, although at afl level he has been sub affected a couple of times, which is a role he really isn't suited to and hasn't helped his cause.
That being said essendon are obviously interested and see something in him (which I don't agree with), so what would be an appropriate deal? pick 48?

even though you obviously see alot more of him than i do, i tend to agree. his disposal is quite ordinary, although at afl level he has been sub affected a couple of times, which is a role he really isn't suited to and hasn't helped his cause.
That being said essendon are obviously interested and see something in him (which I don't agree with), so what would be an appropriate deal? pick 48?

Anything below pick 38 and we've ripped you off.

Man, everywhere I look you are trolling your own team.

Really? where else?

I mean seriously lets be realistic about this... the guy has played 11 games in 3 years... averages 9 disposals a game.... has dodgy disposal and can't get a game for us.

He was drafted as a 2nd rounder.... what do you expect we are going to get back for him? A 1st round pick?

Really? where else?

I mean seriously lets be realistic about this... the guy has played 11 games in 3 years... averages 9 disposals a game.... has dodgy disposal and can't get a game for us.

He was drafted as a 2nd rounder.... what do you expect we are going to get back for him? A 1st round pick?
9 disposals a game from 33% game time... Sub roles skew stats.

koby hasnt played because we have had priddis, kerr, shuey, scott selwood and nicknat all playing the inside role. he has played well enough in the WAFL to play a decent amount of football at worse clubs. his disposal is fine for an inside mid and his tackling and pressure football is great, especially for a 21 year old. thats why multiple clubs are interested in him.

a third rounder would be fair normally, somewhere out around the 40+ mark, but i can see with a few clubs interested that he might garner a late second rounder, around 25-35 or so

dunno, we will see how it goes. just from a list management perspective, im hopeful that hes part of the deal for cripps. getting a mid to replace swift and koby would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back