Koby Stevens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Wce supporters aren't sure why Stevens got games ahead of swift. Swift did perform better in the WAFL has better pace and fitness etc. Maybe thats why. Our board is pretty split about it.
Doesn't change the fact that Stevens kicking is not poor. Unsure if you have seen him play as much as you claim.
lol im an e/freo supporter and get to my fair share of games and stevens kicking is very average.

just my opinion but wce foot skills over all is one of their weaknesses. just two seasons ago they were one of the worst turnover teams in the comp if not the worst.
a lot of those ordinary kicks are still there.
skills cost a premiership in 05 they nearly cost another in 06 and poor skills like the embly turnover certainly went a long way to losing a final this yr.

all sides carry some poor kicks and poor decision makers the question is how many can you afford to carry. what do they bring to the table to ofset those weaknesses.

lol im an e/freo supporter and get to my fair share of games and stevens kicking is very average.

just my opinion but wce foot skills over all is one of their weaknesses. just two seasons ago they were one of the worst turnover teams in the comp if not the worst.
skills cost a premiership in 05 they nearly cost another in 06 and poor skills like the embly turnover certainly went a long way to losing a final this yr.

all sides carry some poor kicks and poor decision makers the question is how many can you afford to carry. what do they bring to the table to ofset those weaknesses.

2 years ago is 2 years ago. Most of those players ie Ebert have been moved on. I'm not sure how you can say he contributed to the Eagles poor skills in 2010 when he was a rookie with OP and hardly played.

This is complete and utter rubbish. The Eagles had the fourth best disposal efficiency this year combined with the least clangers per game.

05 as stated above we lacked a forward line due to some terrible decisions by the match committee and unfortunate injuries. 06 we won the premiership so anything about poor skills is meh. but on the same AFL stats page the Eagles were above average for disposal efficiency and right at the bottom for clangers.

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/tabid/73/default.aspx#page=team

have a play around with that. You obviously dont watch enough Weagles games or have a severe hatred towards them as most fans do that dont support the Eagles or Dockers in WA. 2 years ago is 2 years ago.

Is Essendon getting him for pick 48?
I have read twice now that Essendon will get him with pick 48.
once on bomber Blitz and somewhere else

Sotty Bomber,

i looked into my breakfast bowl and saw no signs.

It is crazy rumour time. Not completely unbelievable I guess, I would just think that if it was that simple it would be announced.

That would be a steal if it happened. Drafted at pick 23 with OP and two years and three preseason later in a weak draft he's goes for 48?

With our first rounder gone I'd hope we would push harder than accepting pick 48.................and thats why the deal isn't done yet.;)

That would be a steal if it happened. Drafted at pick 23 with OP and two years and three preseason later in a weak draft he's goes for 48?

With our first rounder gone I'd hope we would push harder than accepting pick 48.................and thats why the deal isn't done yet.;)

We might be pushing harder for it... but we'd take pick 48. Koby Stevens is nothing special. Pick 23 would be an absolute steal if we got that.

I'm guessing the second place was the Essendon board on here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Statistically speaking weren't West Coast the top side for disposal efficiency this season?

I'm not sure how it finished up but I'm sure we were up there for most of the season.

WC have said they are working to find a club for Stevens who is out of contract and wants to be traded. Stevens advised the club months ago. I guess it will be a matter of what clubs are interested. I am sure we would have kept him on the list.

Stevens is competing against Kerr, Priddis and Scott Selwood for a inside mid role.

Cripps was competing with Raph Clarke, Gram, Polo and some other hacks for a wing spot.

Much easier gig for Cripps then Stevens.

Straight swap or St.Klda may need to tip some steak knives like a Gilbert.

Stevens is competing against Kerr, Priddis and Scott Selwood for a inside mid role.

Cripps was competing with Raph Clarke, Gram, Polo and some other hacks for a wing spot.

Much easier gig for Cripps then Stevens.

Straight swap or St.Klda may need to tip some steak knives like a Gilbert.

:eek:

The AFL site speculated that Essendon will probably offer there Monfries Compo pick for Stevens , but they were incorrect because there is no comp pick for Monfries , so now everyone reckons that Essendon have offered pick 48 which i dont think they have , its just from the AFL.com site and was a guess ,.... all follow this

It sounds like you blokes are trying to offload a spud. Pity Swift quit, you could have a two-for-one spud sale.

Depends who you talk to. I personally think Stevens is a spud... the coaching staff must have as well as they continually picked others ahead of him. To me he is no different to Ben McKinley or even worse Daniel McConnell.... certain Eagles fans thought they would leave and be stars and they struggle because they are average.

Koby Stevens for some reason has people turn a blind eye to his poor disposal... yet others like Swift were treated mercifully by supporters.

Seeing as it is less likely that West Coast will trade Brown, I'd say a fair trade to get Cripps to West Coast and Stevens to St Kilda is...

Stevens + Pick 38 FOR Cripps + Pick 53

Seeing as it is less likely that West Coast will trade Brown, I'd say a fair trade to get Cripps to West Coast and Stevens to St Kilda is...

Stevens + Pick 38 FOR Cripps + Pick 53

It's more likely to just be a straight swap with no picks involved IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back