Koby Stevens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the draft is decent. Not exceptional more even top 20 - 30 than in previous years.

Yeah, look I'm sure that 1 or more players between picks 15-30 will be better than Sharrod who we got, but there is nothing to suggest that we would have picked that correct player with our pick.

I like the safe option we've taken.

I'd like to get a 20-30 pick for Stevens for sure, no matter the draft - who wouldn't?

Yeah, look I'm sure that 1 or more players between picks 15-30 will be better than Sharrod who we got, but there is nothing to suggest that we would have picked that correct player with our pick.

I like the safe option we've taken.

I'd like to get a 20-30 pick for Stevens for sure, no matter the draft - who wouldn't?
For every Judd there is a McDougall or two. Sharrod looks a great bet to me.

For every Judd there is a McDougall or two. Sharrod looks a great bet to me.

Yup. If you look at the draft picks we had around in the 17-29 range only Darling, Shuey, Selwood and MacKenzie are in our best 22. Most are not even at the club anymore. So really you are taking a 40% punt on a draft pick being a best 22 player Vs 100% guarantee that you will get someone with the ability of Wellingham. Easy decision.

2010 - Jack Darling 26
2010 - Scott Lycett 29
2009 - Gerrick Weedon 22
2009 - Koby Stevens 23
2008 - Luke Shuey 18
2008 - Tom Swift 20
2007 - Tony Notte 20
2007 - Scott Selwood 22
2006 - Eric Mackenzie 29
2005 - Ben McKinley 29

Why are we talking about Wellingham anyway? That is done and dusted.

I hope we get some news on Stevens soon. Really feel for the kid having to wait it out, not knowing his future...

I don't feel for him. He asked to leave... we didn't tell him to. He can wait as long as it takes for us to get the compensation we want.

Yup even today in the paper there is an article about how poor the quality of the WA draftees are this year.... where we have been dominating the draft in recent years... this year's crop of players are rubbish.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/15119357/call-for-drafting-shake-up/

Sheehan knows very little about the lesser WA prospects, if they aren't dominant they aren't rated.

The concern is the development of our players through the academy system from U16's to U18's, not depth.

Major concern should be grass roots and the poor work the WAFL clubs do from U12's to U15's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's honestly like they have forgotten about Omeara.
Then there's the fact that we are off to a very good start early for next year when you look at Hogan and Martin.

We didn't have a great team this year. But in recent years we have been very very good. Swallow and bennell were both larke medallists.

We won the 09 Champs.

Anyone who watched the 2009/10 U16's knew we wouldn't compete this year. The fact so many didn't come on like Lim, Morgan ect is an issue though.

We won the 09 Champs.

Anyone who watched the 2009/10 U16's knew we wouldn't compete this year. The fact so many didn't come on like Lim, Morgan ect is an issue though.
I don't have any stats or anything to back this up but i feel like We have had more draftees or more high profile draftees in the last 5 years than we did in the 5 before that. Im all for crisis meetings though as it should only mean we are being thorough and working hard to improve our development.

48 should be more than adequate for Stevens, that said maybe a swap of 2nd rounders could be a bit better. Stevens is probably valued BETWEEN those two figures.

I doubt a deal with Essendon will happen if they are not willing to give up 32.

No dramas, he isn't worth 32. Look the only way I would do 32 would be if I got your 2nd rounder back, so a pick 32 for a late 30's pick back.

Lucky for us then by the sound of it everybody else is thinking a 3rd rounder is pretty fair personally i hope we don't go near him and Dodoro said we were very likely to get him

I think it's pretty obvious that he'll end up at St Kilda for Jamie Cripps, not that I'm happy about it.

the only way I would be happy with giving up our second rounder for Koby (without our a pick exchange) would be if we got an another earlier pick if god forbid someonelike GUmby as to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back