Koby Stevens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevens told his club last night he had chosen the dogs as his new destination.

The two Clubs have a week to organise a trade for koby.

The dogs have beaten Saints and the bombers to get the former gipsland power taken at pick 22 in the 2009 national draft.

Essendon were real keen from what i heard, but he's made the best decision in terms of getting games of senior football under a coach who he should thrive working with. Real good kid, hope he goes well.

Essendon were real keen from what i heard, but he's made the best decision in terms of getting games of senior football under a coach who he should thrive working with. Real good kid, hope he goes well.

Rumoured he wanted more coin than we were willing to pay.

Dodoro didn't sound too hot on him on radio the other day, although maybe they knew they were out of the race by then.

He is a good get for the Doggies, not sure he is exactly what they need, but he should form a decent midfield in the future with Libba and Wallis. Could potentially be plagued with the same problems their midfield suffered during their last tilt at the flag though, bit slow and blue collar, but we'll see.

I can reveal a massive part of his decision was due to the fact clay smiths dad and koby Stevens dad work with each other in Gippsland

Nice job trying to be the hero with the exclusive mate. From the Herald Sun's Mark Stevens Twitter: "The crust of it: Clay Smith's dad works with Koby Stevens old man at Pattie's Pies in Gippsland. Now both their sons will be Dogs."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope this goes through. The Dogs need something out of this trade period and have so far struggled to attract anyone.

I think they did well out of the Lake trade...but it is not the sort of trade to get fans excited short term.

I hope they also get Gumbleton. Gumby should move on because Danniher/Hurley/Crameri/Ryder is clearly the future there. At Doggies he would be the numbe 1 forward and have a chance to shine.

If the Dogs can at least get Stevens + Gumby, then the fans can have something to get a little excited about next year.

Dogs have any players interested in a move?
Not anyone that's any good :p. You can have Sherman, if you like.

41 will end up being the likely trade, I think. WC and the Dogs are fair traders with each other, so I doubt either of us will be looking to screw the other.

Gained some credibility by choosing a club he will get game time at and not a club to chase money or a flag.

You do realise that the "poor" clubs have the same cap as the "rich" clubs don't you?
The Dogs probably offered him the most money. They have absolutely no stars filling up their cap.
It would have been silly had he switched clubs for a flag.

Griffen.... Very, very good player. But let's be honest, they are lacking star players.
Boyd is just another Priddis and Murphy is a rebounding half back.

Fair point about the Dogs stars but as a matter of interest, who are the Eagles stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back