Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, Kildonian - wet, cold, insipid, depressing...

... wait, are you talking about the weather, or Koschitzke's attitude?

Look, the opening bit by ten summed it up for me. All that potential and promise and expectation - from the Rising Star to Leowe giving him his jumper - wasted.

The other thing about that opening bit was that it talked about the responsibility Kosi had. With his best friend out, he had the chance to shine - he dishonored that chance. Nick had said on MMM that his mate Kosi was fired up to get back out there and play - he looked like he couldn't give a rats. He had just been suspended for reckless, barrelling play - and within a few minutes, he was doing the same irresponsible smacking into players, risking injury or further suspension when the team needs him to stay on the park and be effective.

Nick, or any decent well-payed forward, would have taken those marks in the last quarter, because they would have known how much they mattered, and they would have given a stuff.

He will not play well against Lake. We will be lucky to score 4 goals against the Doggies, and he will get none of them. Yet again, just like the other night, Milne and Schneider will be expected to carry all the responsibility themselves - Kosi has no sense of responsibility whatsoever. And we will lose.

The saddest part isn't the neverending torrent of excuses that flow down River Koschitzke. The saddest part is that Ross has absolutely no choice but to play him. Stanley is far too young to be the sole target. Lynch is not the right height. Cahill is still too raw. McEvoy isn't a forward. Pattison is a bad ruck. Fisher is a backman. Goddard is needed everywhere else. So that leaves us with nobody. That leaves us with JK. Next year will be great, because Ross's obvious plan to find Kosi's replacement will have finally been achieved. Until then, it's just string together a enough wins to try to scrape into 5 or 6, and wait until Nick comes back to save the day.

Uughh...
Slightly negative post but I can see where you're coming from. Mind you, Sam Fisher can play CHF. In the SANFL thats where he was played and he was drafted as a CHF. Fish is obviously a very smart footballer now and could play that role. The question is will Ross sacrifice his influence in the backlines. I will admit one thing, I sink the boots into Kosi hard when he has a stinker, I think he is one of the biggest wastes of talent in the league. But I do have to remind myself of that period 3-4 years ago when Rooey was out for 4 games. Kosi stepped up big time and averaged big numbers in his absence. I do however think that we saw the best of Kosi back then. I hope I'm wrong. If we can play a game style where he gets to fly at the footy and gets on some leads he might just go alright. The Port game was not played to his advantage. No excuses, but I was there and saw it first hand. Kosi, please prove us haters wrong!!!

You think the other post is slightly negative, yet you categorise yourself as a Kosi hater? :confused:

Why do people expect Kosi to fill Roo's shoes, no wonder your angry, it's just not possible. The gameplan needs to be built around Kosi and his strengths and weaknesses now IMO.

Yep, has to play in the ruck this weekend IMO.

no point sending him down to the goalsquare helpless where he'll get a bath by Lake.

Bulldogs Ruck stocks aren't that impressive and who can forget arguably Kozi's best game in his career against the Dogs when Roo was out injured last time?

I know it won't happen but Stanley really needs to be given a crack.

no point sending him down to the goalsquare helpless where he'll get a bath by Lake.

Bulldogs Ruck stocks aren't that impressive and who can forget arguably Kozi's best game in his career against the Dogs when Roo was out injured last time?

But we will probably need to send "somebody" down to the goalsquare to get a bath by Lake. I don't think we have anyone good enough to dominate one of the best backs in the AFL. Thats why I think we need to have two forward marking targets, and I still think Kosi should be one of them. ( We have other Rucks, but Gardiner is the second best forward target and it is a big gap from Kosi ).

Yeah I agree. I can see Kosi getting towelled up by Lake again. Not only has Kosi struggled to kick goals on him but Lake has been allowed to run off him too easily to set up play downfield. If we play Kosi there I think we'll just be playing into the Dogs hands.

Better to mix things up a bit and play Kosi in the ruck with someone else at full forward. Goddard could be worth trying there initially as he should be too quick and clever for Lake, at the least he won't allow Lake to run off him as much.

I'd like to see Stanley given a go to, either to play at CHF or maybe even FF on Lake. Lake doesn't play on Riewoldt as he is too quick and mobile for him and Stanley is similar to Riewoldt so that match up might cause Lake some problems too.

Playing Kosi in the ruck should help to get him into the game a bit more and get his hands on the ball, might help get him into form. We can always push him forward later in the game as well if our forward set up is struggling.

People are so fickle. Pretty sure it was wet and he was coming back from an enforced lay off so his touch maybe off. BUT he wasn't the only one who didn't handle to conditions. We move on. How ironic will it be when he tears a game apart and all this hypocondriacs will jump back onboard with "his our saviour" and "i always knew he had it in him". I have always said we are a much more dangerous side with him in it, then out of it. 50+ goals last year speaks for itself really.

I can't agree to Kosi rucking. I'd rather ruck with King, Gardiner, or McEvoy and leave Kosi out of the team, if we were going to have alternative forwards.
Goddard would be more accountable on Lake, but I'm not sure that Stanley would be.

The only thing that could make it difficult for matchups, would be if we had Gardiner, Kosi, and McEvoy rotating forward, at high frequency, try to confuse the defense as to who they were manning up essentially.
You could do the same thing with Fisher, Goddard, Gilbert, and Gwilt. One drifts forward, one drifts back, until suddenly they swap.
Don't know how sustainable this sort of tactic would be though.

I can't agree to Kosi rucking. I'd rather ruck with King, Gardiner, or McEvoy and leave Kosi out of the team, if we were going to have alternative forwards.
Goddard would be more accountable on Lake, but I'm not sure that Stanley would be.

The only thing that could make it difficult for matchups, would be if we had Gardiner, Kosi, and McEvoy rotating forward, at high frequency, try to confuse the defense as to who they were manning up essentially.
You could do the same thing with Fisher, Goddard, Gilbert, and Gwilt. One drifts forward, one drifts back, until suddenly they swap.
Don't know how sustainable this sort of tactic would be though.

Lake would be able to cover any of our tall forwards, and his rebound would be dangerous against Kosi, Gardi and Macca.

Starting to warm to the idea of Kazak (but supported by Fish and the Red Bull of course! :D) with Kosi in the ruck and providing support to the defence - which still has Gwilt, Gilbo, Clarke, Zac and Blakey as taller defenders i.e. we are hardly exposed down back.

Kazak can chase and tackle with the best of them.

Would also prefer the extra speed of Jack against the Dogs.

But can't see Ross going for either of them.

Well Kosi has the backing of Wayne Carey who knows a thing or two about being a key forward.

It's a shame we've got a team like the Bulldogs this week. If we could have had an easier opponent it may have helped him to regain some of his lost confidence. Instead he'll have Brian Lake by his side all night. The good thing is if he can have a big performance against one of the better teams going around it will do him the world of good.

I'd leave him in the forward line for a few more weeks yet. He didn't have a great game but let's wait a week or two before judging him. I know he's been inconsistent over the years but he's now our #1 key forward for virtually the first time in his career. It's an opportunity he's been crying out for and yet everybody seems to be judging him on his first game for a month that was played in wet and slippery conditions. If he struggles against the Bulldogs, Carlton and Essendon at Etihad then you can start making a case for a move to the ruck and/or the Zebras.

we need to at least get jack in as he has speed and can kick goals. bring in macca or stanley just to throw the doggies game plan out. stanley if not one out but on the lead with lake will give him something to think about.
need to give king,mini,raph the week of in the twos. even bring zac forward as our tall targets need to be accountable. kozi would be better in the ruck. even lynch should be given a run as he is good in undr as well.
most important thing will be that the conditions this week will suit kozzi.
i can understand not having a good day but letting your man smash you with 30 pos from full back is insulting, at least keep your own man honest.

Its tragic how far people will go to make excuses for this guy...

"He is a confidence player" Would u accept that crap about any other player???? Why should he have any self confidence as I have no confidence in him. Just get out and PERFORM!!!!

"Just needs to have one big game" WHY????

"Hasn't been the same since he split the webbing in his hand"
Is this a grown-up male footballer? It was a laceration, a cut not a career threatening or instabilty causing injury. Look at Rodan 4 months after a knee reco! While Kosi has had a crap finals series, nab and this year.

"Hasn't had game practice" Didn't this guy have a full preseason and played the 1st game and Isnt injured????

"Inhibited by Reiwoldt" Check out Bradshaw and Fevolda etc, other full forwards with a dominant CHF.

"doesn't have a specific position' Isn't this the same as saying he can't manage in ANY position?

Guys like Blake and Jones have taken the flak and criticism and become indispensible great players. You insult them by excusing this guy.
Never mind "whipping boy", this guy is the most coddled and over-protected at our club, a guy whose mediocrity is excused every time. I can accept him having zero influence, but when his direct opponent runs riot and kills us as he has NO defensive pressure, don't be surprised when Lake this week and his direct opponent every week hurt us badly!

He plays no part in Saints Footy.

i can understand not having a good day but letting your man smash you with 30 pos from full back is insulting, at least keep your own man honest.

Carlile played on Kosi, not Chaplin. If you're going to bag the bloke, get your facts right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't speak for everyone else but I'm not making excuses for him Darren.

He was suspended after round 1 and only returned last week in conditions that clearly did not suit him. I consider that a reason, not an excuse.

All I'm saying is to give him a good run at Full Forward for the next 3 weeks. He'll be the #1 key forward, have his match fitness back and playing at a venue and in conditions that suit our team perfectly.

If after that period he has failed to produce the form that we know he's capable of, we then have to look at alternative options such as moving him into the ruck or dropping him to the VFL.

Its tragic how far people will go to make excuses for this guy...

"He is a confidence player" Would u accept that crap about any other player???? Why should he have any self confidence as I have no confidence in him. Just get out and PERFORM!!!!

"Just needs to have one big game" WHY????

"Hasn't been the same since he split the webbing in his hand"
Is this a grown-up male footballer? It was a laceration, a cut not a career threatening or instabilty causing injury. Look at Rodan 4 months after a knee reco! While Kosi has had a crap finals series, nab and this year.

"Hasn't had game practice" Didn't this guy have a full preseason and played the 1st game and Isnt injured????

"Inhibited by Reiwoldt" Check out Bradshaw and Fevolda etc, other full forwards with a dominant CHF.

"doesn't have a specific position' Isn't this the same as saying he can't manage in ANY position?

Guys like Blake and Jones have taken the flak and criticism and become indispensible great players. You insult them by excusing this guy.
Never mind "whipping boy", this guy is the most coddled and over-protected at our club, a guy whose mediocrity is excused every time. I can accept him having zero influence, but when his direct opponent runs riot and kills us as he has NO defensive pressure, don't be surprised when Lake this week and his direct opponent every week hurt us badly!

He plays no part in Saints Footy.

I think from Lyon's previous stance on not playing players who don't play "saints footy" or team footy or what is required of them speaks for itself.

It was not a good performance on the weekend, but we can understand that it was his first game back in unsuitable conditions, right?

I am not trying to make excuses for him. I just like the big guy and want him to do well. I would be safe in saying that he wants to perform better as well.
I may be blindly optimisitic but I think he does have more to show us. I just hope that he can.
I am not making excuses for his performance in the last round and doubt he would be either.

One matchup to win the match:

Milne v Lake, isoloated in the forward 50.

Manufacture that please RL and make sure the ball comes in like a spare shoe in the washing machine. That should be entertaining.

Funnily enough I was thinking Gwilt to FF and Kosi CHF. Lake gives Kosi a bath based on mobility, Kosi burns him running straight lines and Lake burns him atmost everything else, so ultimately what we need is either a mismatch or someone far more mobile. Now Gwilt shone as a defender prior to Rooey going down and was then thrust in a forward capacity as a "bit" part, why not give him a key post and say go for your life son? he has upperbody strength and core strength as well as a pretty penetrating left foot and he can clunk marks, while his footing can be a bit iffy, I don't think we need to bring in KP forward really.

Funnily enough I was thinking Gwilt to FF and Kosi CHF. Lake gives Kosi a bath based on mobility, Kosi burns him running straight lines and Lake burns him atmost everything else, so ultimately what we need is either a mismatch or someone far more mobile. Now Gwilt shone as a defender prior to Rooey going down and was then thrust in a forward capacity as a "bit" part, why not give him a key post and say go for your life son? he has upperbody strength and core strength as well as a pretty penetrating left foot and he can clunk marks, while his footing can be a bit iffy, I don't think we need to bring in KP forward really.
My thoughts exactly Fly. Its time to unleash Gwilt and see him earn 3 votes for the Brownlow. His time is now.:footy::footy::footy::footy::footy: should do it.

Anyone remember Kosi vs the Dogs at the MCG 3 or 4 years ago on a rainy day when he won the match from CHF kicking 5 or so goals

Was Lake playing on him that day? Actually he probably would have been Harris back then.

Anyway the Dogs weren't nearly as good 3 or 4 years ago as they are these days so what happened then isn't really all that relevant.

You think the other post is slightly negative, yet you categorise yourself as a Kosi hater? :confused:

Why do people expect Kosi to fill Roo's shoes, no wonder your angry, it's just not possible. The gameplan needs to be built around Kosi and his strengths and weaknesses now IMO.

My reason for highlighting the negativity was due to the fact that post indicated that we had noone to fill a forward position so we are screwed this year. I don't agree with that. And if you actually read my post I highlighted the fact that the structure needs to suit Kosi's strengths so he can get on descent leads and have a fly at the footy etc. So I am in return confused at you being confused by my post....

Remove this Banner Ad

Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back