Kosi Pickett Gets 3 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he should've received a suspension but 3 weeks? How was this a worse action than Jones' tackle this week, who got off?

You chose to bump, you pay the price if you hit them head high. Whether they player slides, slips, ducks is irrelevant. If you do not bump there is no issue but if you do, you are 100% responsible.

I do not like the rule but that is the way it works as the rules now stand.

Is Picketts long history of bumping guys in the head also bad luck out of interest? 🤡
They are running side by side, he isn’t lining him up from a long way out or coming at him front on.
This is not comparable to a dirty act he may have committed in the past.

Do you even watch footy? This is how you generally contest a ball and not go to ground. Do you think Nick Daicos falls over in this situation or keeps his feet?
Moore is a monster, Kosi is extremely stiff here. You’re allowed to bump but unfortunately if the opponent has no awareness or skill or even just plain clumsy, than you’re in trouble - I hate that.

The way the rules are written without room for common sense, I know it’s going to be a suspension. Don’t act like it’s dirty though, you’re clueless if you think so.

Last edited:
Intentional bump to the head that caused a concussion... How could it not be at least 3 weeks?

Hardly intentional. I agree he cops 1 or 2 weeks, but 3 weeks? With seen much worse bumps this year cop 3 weeks.

Pickett is a serial sniper who just can't help himself when a target appears in front of him.

Has a lengthy rap sheet for these types of actions and has got off leniently IMO in past cases. Needs to get this out of his game.

Just another thing Melbourne FC are confronting at present

Didn't get off, oh well. Every time he bumps the suspension should be more severe.
In theory yes
But the afl has given zero weighting to his prior bad record
And last week gave zero consideration to Houston’s exemplary record
So it’s one of those rabbits in the hat the afl tribunal can pull out of their hats to get the result they want
Like when Cameron got the good guy discount after 5 priors

Not the dirtiest thing Pickett’s done. However he had the option to attempt to pick up the ball instead of bumping. So it’s on him.

Doesn’t worry me if the penalty might be considered a little tough. As far as I’m concerned he’s owed a few weeks due to incredibly light sentences for previous dog acts. So I’m comfortable with 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Kosi Pickett Gets 3 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back