Krakouer broken jaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't he injured?

Therefore shouldn't have been drinking?

Probably cost him big time that decision.

As it should.

This is really the first time Ken Hinkley's resolve has been tested through poor 'off the field' discipline. It will be interesting to see how Ken and the leadership group react. If they decide to make an example for the sake of team discipline this may well be the end for Krak. Unless we have a bad run of injury I can see Krak seeing out the remainder of his contract in the Port Magpies. Really disappointing as the Club allowed him to return home while recuperating.

Disappointing that he would be out drinking at a nightclub if he is rehabilitating his hammy but if some bloke has clocked him one unprovoked, which happens all the time these days, then we shouldn't really be condemning him for that. If a player is a 100% fit, surely they can go to a nightclub on a weekend off? Or is that completely unacceptable these days?

Just outrageously stupid on several fronts really. Why is he out? Why is he drinking? Why is he getting into a fight?

Also, why is he even back in Perth whilst recovering from injury and in season? The club need to look at arrangements like this a little closer in the future. They wear a certain level of blame for allowing him to put himself in this position in the first place.

Just outrageously stupid on several fronts really. Why is he out? Why is he drinking? Why is he getting into a fight?

Also, why is he even back in Perth whilst recovering from injury and in season? The club need to look at arrangements like this a little closer in the future. They wear a certain level of blame for allowing him to put himself in this position in the first place.

During rehab players are often given programs that they can complete on their own, as stated in the article Krakouer was in Perth on a club-sanctioned break. Only so much the club can do, he put himself in the situation and now he has to pay the price.

I'm annoyed, but shit happens- we have no extra details to make judgement nor insight into krak's life. The club has spoken- and Krak will be back tougher and stronger in a few weeks!
You don't really need much more than 'jaw broken in a nightclub fight' to know he's gone ****ed up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't really need much more than 'jaw broken in a nightclub fight' to know he's gone stuffed up!
The report says outside a night club. A couple of young blokes have been outside a night club in Sydney minding their own business, trying to have a fun night out and now a few years on we have lock out laws shutting night clubs and night life down. Sometimes shit happens when you have done nothing wrong.

The report says outside a night club. A couple of young blokes have been outside a night club in Sydney minding their own business, trying to have a fun night out and now a few years on we have lock out laws shutting night clubs and night life down. Sometimes shit happens when you have done nothing wrong.
LOL!

Yeah, just hanging out outside nightclubs, just what every young person does these days. They are normally locked out very late or after a skinful. It's very difficult to get into a fight if ;
1. you are sober
2. you aren't out past midnight
3. you really don't want to fight.

All three of which Krakouer seemingly ignored.

LOL!

Yeah, just hanging out outside nightclubs, just what every young person does these days. They are normally locked out very late or after a skinful. It's very difficult to get into a fight if ;
1. you are sober
2. you aren't out past midnight
3. you really don't want to fight.

All three of which Krakouer seemingly ignored.
So was he in a fight? None of the reports say he was in a fight, just that he was struck. If he was in a fight then the club penalty is light. Its rare you report an incident to the cops if you were involved in a fight that you started.

And from experience you can be sober, after midnight, outside a pub or club and be attacked by others when you dont want to fight. You are allowed to defend yourself if set upon.

I'm surprised so many people are jumping to conclusions. Like said above he reported the hit to police so that probably shows he didn't have any intent of actually getting into a fight.

I'm reserving judgement until or if more of the story actually comes out.

How ever drinking while in rehab is dumb and that alone deserves a club sanctioned suspension.

Just for speculation, as these things are always open to.

I attended some aboriginal culture training for a few days recently on my own volition and the stories coming out of WA are horrendous. "Easily decades behind the other states" in regards to racism and aboriginal cultural awareness. The mining companies up there are fighting to shift aboriginal tribes off of their land and shut down entire remote communities so that they can mine the land up there, and that's just for starters.

They said the statistics in regards to racially motivated violence in WA staggering. Let's hope this isn't the case and that justice is served.

You'll find that the "racially motivated violence" largely amounts to drunken/drugged up white people vs drunken/drugged up white people and crazy blackfellas vs crazy blackfellas.

“There is no excuse for me to have been drinking, particularly when I’m still recovering from injury,” Krakouer said. “I’m sorry for betraying the trust of everyone associated with the football club and will do whatever I can to contribute to achieving our goals for this season and beyond.

Good on him to atleast make a public comment. he said he was king hit

Stupid. How does an AFL player think they can go out on the town and not be seen by someone who knows who they are and then have it reported or photographed and then get back to the club. It's not 1970 anymore, someone is going to see you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Krakouer broken jaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back