P.A.F.C

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
West Bromwich Albion
Hear me out. You can tell body wise he isn't ready. I just have the feeling he could get cleaned up and it's not going to be great for his confidence. The way he was just dragged across the line by Archer was worrying and the only reason he kicked that goal was because the opposition gave him no repspect.

We should send him back to the SANFL, in a league where he can dominate. Put Bentley, Thomson or Symes back in.

Thoughts?

I think he'll be a regular within a few seasons... but right at this moment, I would prefer to see Thomson or Symes in there, yes. (Don't rate Bentley at all.... has no decision-making skills whatsoever and seems a tad soft).

I'd adopt a one-rookie-at-a-time sort of policy, i.e. if say Boak or Gray justify selection on their SANFL form then send Krak back and give one of them a few weeks, so on and so forth.

(Don't rate Bentley at all.... has no decision-making skills whatsoever and seems a tad soft).
Pickin' on my buddy there, Mister!

Hmmm, let me take my buddy-goggles off for a moment.

Nope, I still think he's a very classy and talented young player, which is why I chose him as a buddy in the first place. I'll have to watch him a bit more to see what I think of your "no decision-making skills" and being "a tad soft", as you've surprised me there.

Oh, and Krakouer (sp.?) should stay.

Playing a bits and pieces role with limited game time, Krakouer certainly should be getting SANFL games as well as AFL games this year, so he can play a full 4 quarters.

My view is he should be in the side this week, so he can get an early taste of playing in front of a large noisy crowd, before going back to the SANFL in round 4 for decent game time.

Pickin' on my buddy there, Mister!

Hmmm, let me take my buddy-goggles off for a moment.

Nope, I still think he's a very classy and talented young player, which is why I chose him as a buddy in the first place. I'll have to watch him a bit more to see what I think of your "no decision-making skills" and being "a tad soft", as you've surprised me there.

Heh... what's the buddy system?

I'd be interested to see Bentley back in an AFL game this year and my opinion is by no means set in stone. I just distinctly remember being unimpressed with him last year.

Heh... what's the buddy system?

I'd be interested to see Bentley back in an AFL game this year and my opinion is by no means set in stone. I just distinctly remember being unimpressed with him last year.
Buddy system

It's funny how different people see different things.

I think most people have described him as pretty classy, overall.

I've stopped worrying about Krakouer's physique. He's very smart and knows how to look after himself. He's already got the football brain of a seasoned AFL player.

I just can't conceive that I'll ever see a KCC*.

*Krakouer Cockamamie ****up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'll be a regular within a few seasons... but right at this moment, I would prefer to see Thomson or Symes in there, yes. (Don't rate Bentley at all.... has no decision-making skills whatsoever and seems a tad soft).

Totally disagree with this statement.

One of the best "footy smarts" young AFL players that I have seen for a while. I'm really not sure how you can come to your conclusion - don't you remember one classic piece of play by Bentley in the last showdown - guts and smart personified.

Buddy system

It's funny how different people see different things.

I think most people have described him as pretty classy, overall.

I was defiently impressed with what I saw last year from him, defiently think he can be a player of the future.

As for the Krak, unsure as of yet, but I reckon keep him in for the time being. Needs to show a bit of emotion every now and then :D

as an outsider i think krakouer may get one or two more games then, be put back to sanfl for a couple of weeks just to give him more game time and make sure the kid gets through the year.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/ports-light-krakouer/2007/04/10/1175971100236.html

TWO wins from two games — and one goal in each — is a handy way to start your AFL career but what also makes Nathan Krakouer a special edition to Port Adelaide's ranks, especially in the eyes of Power's supporters, is that the 18-year-old manages to mix it with the big boys despite having such a light frame. Truth is, when the club took the nephew of Phil and Jim Krakouer as its third-round pick in last year's national draft, it did so in the hope that he will put on the kilos, and quickly! Now we know what they mean. But what makes Krakouer look even lighter than his official playing weight of 66 kilograms is his height — at 182 centimetres (a smidgin under what, in footy parlance, was once known as a Collingwood six-footer), he pretty much towers over the league's smallest players, teammate David Rodan, the Kangaroos' Brent Harvey and Essendon newcomer Alwyn Davey, who are all 172 centimetres. All of which has resulted in the league this week making what is quite an extraordinary discovery, that Krakouer is the lightest player of his size ever to play the game, eclipsing four others of different eras who were of the same weight but were four centimetres shorter than him. As amazing as it seems, there have been at least 200 players in the history of the game who played at a lighter weight than Krakouer — in fact, as recently as last year, Sydney rookie Simon Phillips weighed in at 65 kilograms — but all of them were shorter (many, very much so). Truth is, Nathan Krakouer doesn't even fit the typical Krakouer mould — cousin Andrew (Richmond) is eight kilograms heavier and six centimetres shorter, while Uncle Jim, in his playing days at North Melbourne and St Kilda, was around the same weight as Nathan but was 12 centimetres shorter.

Leave him in.. He resembles Pearcy when he first entered the team.. "skinny" but soon bulked up.. and no one called for him to be dropped after only 2 games.. Give him a go to show us the supporters what he is capable of..

First game nerves will soon disappear with more time in the team.. drop him and he will lose his confidence.

For his sake I hope he does'nt become another Ben Eckerman.

He has done remarkably well. While he has confidence, skill, fitness and earning his spot into the team - keep him in. I dont see the point of dropping someone if it is not warranted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Krakouer should be dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Back