Kris Massie Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing I like about Massie you knew every time he came out onto the field what you were getting. Always gave 100% (dont give me that 110% crap lol) and wore his heart on his sleve. Cannot ask for much more in a player. Good luck with all your future endevours and hope that you still run around in Norwood side next year.

Goodbye Massie

Wasn the most skillful & talented player but one who gave it his best every week.

A sanfl club should sign him he would still be handy to have.

Really admired him when he was at Carlton, and was disappointed when he was traded to the Crows. Didn't realise he had actually gotten to 131 games - a terrific effort.

One thing though, given that he is a Melbourne boy, I wonder if he might come back and play at VFL level.

Show us ya locks.

62735.jpg

Really admired him when he was at Carlton, and was disappointed when he was traded to the Crows. Didn't realise he had actually gotten to 131 games - a terrific effort.

One thing though, given that he is a Melbourne boy, I wonder if he might come back and play at VFL level.

Pretty sure his other half is an Adelaide girl so I would be surprised if he did.

Surely Massie is worth a punt in the PSD for a club with a weak backline such as Essendon or Melbourne or heck even Port?

He has 2 or 3 good seasons left in him and he is a good role model for the young players at the beginning of their careers. Teams wouldn't have to waste a draft pick on him plus he is a very serviceable player. He was unlucky that Doughty had the year he had as it put him above Massie in the pecking order.

Apart from the great service he gave the club on the field, no-one could clap the supporters after the game quite like Kris. In the olden days of early 2006, when we flogged just about every side that came across our path, he'd still be out there pointing to supporters and clapping by the time the other boys had done the warm down, got on the bus and caught the plane back to Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Massie is worth a punt in the PSD for a club with a weak backline such as Essendon or Melbourne or heck even Port?

He has 2 or 3 good seasons left in him and he is a good role model for the young players at the beginning of their careers. Teams wouldn't have to waste a draft pick on him plus he is a very serviceable player. He was unlucky that Doughty had the year he had as it put him above Massie in the pecking order.

Agree completely, he always did well on his opponents but was overshadowed by one of the best backlines in the league

Ever since Kris Massie came to the Club I had a bit of a soft spot for him. He hasn't always been in favour with fans and I remember around 2005 and 2006 you would hear little support for him in the crowd.

It was around that time that I got to know him a bit and he is one of the best guys at the Club. He would always smile and say hello and have a bit of a chat and that was something I appreciated.

I hope he plays in the SANFL next year with Norwood, he always does well there, but whatever he decides to do, I wish him all the best for the future :thumbsu:

Oh and Bassett's article earlier in the year about him summed up just how much the guys down at the Club appreciated his presence. That was a good read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kris Massie Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back