Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

You honestly don't think Tippett's management didn't tell Sydney that he can come very cheap despite offering him $1M per season because they had this "gentleman's" agreement in an email to force a trade? Why did Sydney offer a sh*t trade to us in the first place if they didn't know hence the deal fell through and the AFL started to look at why a club would offer such small trade value for $1M a year player they wanted to sign, so they looked more closely at his contract and discovered he was paid 3rd party payment of $200K over 3 years which was actually within the salary cap if they've been declared. Compared to what Carlton did, we received a very harsh and same punishment as Carlton.

I may be going against the grain here, but tippett definitely screwed the crows. And yes, I think the swans had the inside word and leveraged that to get tippett for free (I don't think we traded for him, did we?).

At the end of the day, we had to pay him a hefty salary, and that backfired in a major way. He performed early, and sporadically. But in big moments he was absolutely atrocious. Then the swans had to pay out the final year of his contract while he worked on his tan.

Imo tippet is a shit person, ended up screwing both clubs. Karma hit the swans for doing the deal.

I'm not expecting any sympathy from crows supporters, but I put the whole thing on tippett and his management. Crows got what was coming to them for doing a shady deal with tippett, and the swans got what was coming to them for doing the same. To me there's a common thread.

Last edited:
You honestly don't think Tippett's management didn't tell Sydney that he can come very cheap despite offering him $1M per season because they had this "gentleman's" agreement in an email to force a trade?

I’m sure that took place, but the entire league (club, media and the bloody league itself) knew about it. Blame your club for that act of brilliance.

Why did Sydney offer a sh*t trade to us in the first place

Your “Gentleman’s” agreement with Tippett’s management was that you would trade Tippett for a second round pick if he asked to be traded. He asked to be traded. Still we offered a 1st Round Pick and a Key Position Player that we ended up trading for a second round pick a year later anyway. We offered far more than what was in the “Gentleman’s” agreement. You would have a point if we actually offered a 2nd Round Pick.

I’m sure that took place, but the entire league (club, media and the bloody league itself) knew about it. Blame your club for that act of brilliance.

Your “Gentleman’s” agreement with Tippett’s management was that you would trade Tippett for a second round pick if he asked to be traded. He asked to be traded. Still we offered a 1st Round Pick and a Key Position Player that we ended up trading for a second round pick a year later anyway. We offered far more than what was in the “Gentleman’s” agreement. You would have a point if we actually offered a 2nd Round Pick.
No, it was back to either GCS or Lions if he wanted to return home but he did a very quick dash for cash to Sydney and wasn't that pick 18 and White so what is wrong with us offering you guys pick 23 and Frampton/Himmelberg and we aren't even offering Dawson 4 years at $1M per year but reportedly 5 years at $600K per year.

I may be going against the grain here, but tippett definitely screwed the crows. And yes, I think the swans had the inside word and leveraged that to get tippett for free (I don't think we traded for him, did we?).

At the end of the day, we had to pay him a hefty salary, and that backfired in a major way. He performed early, and sporadically. But in big moments he was absolutely atrocious. Then the swans had to pay out the final year of his contract while he worked on his tan.

Imo tippet is a sh*t person, ended up screwing both clubs. Karma hit the swans for doing the deal.

I'm not expecting any sympathy from crows supporters, but I put the whole thing on tippett and his management. Crows got what was coming to them for doing a shady deal with tippett, and the swans got what was coming to them for doing the same. To me there's a common thread.
Tippett is all about $$$$$$, he even double his shirt number from 4 to 8 after joining Sydney.

Geez you guys like a sook don't you. Can't recall the dissent about taking Tippett for nothing when he decided he wanted to "go home" to Sydney.
We owe you guys a smack, so you'll just have to suck it up for reasonable value, unlike what your club screwed us with or let him walk to the PSD.

You were lucky. Tippett was woeful and only about the dosh. Meanwhile disappear you dog.

Imo tippet is a sh*t person, ended up screwing both clubs. Karma hit the swans for doing the deal.

Good!
I'm glad he did.
Lewis Johnston ring a bell?
They pissed in his ear for a few years until we gave him up.

Yes it was our doing, but Sydney used that opportunity to twist the knife. Don't expect that things get forgotten, it goes both ways.
Anyway, I like Sydney as a club, just pointing out the long memories...
Ur already ahead!
You dodged a bullet with Tippett.
Bloke was a liability. Burden on salary cap and one of the most frustrating blokes to watch of all time.
Pull your hair out watching him play .
Awful player.

You really have to hand it to the Crows posters that have popped their heads in here. The lack of of self-awareness to bitch and moan about another club taking a player in the PSD because your club cheated and then refused to scamper off with what they could get once this became public knowledge is astounding. Imagine holding your club to such a low standard. I know that if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be ****ing fuming at the Swans for cheating, and then not even taking what we could get from a situation that we monumentally ****ed up, not the opposition club that benefited from our stupidity. No wonder that club has gotten away with spoonfeeding its fans bullshit about that mystery camp for years.

Let it be known, I have no dislike for the Crows. I like most of their players and I hope Matty Nicks does well, but some of their fans are embarrassing themselves at this point.

You really have to hand it to the Crows posters that have popped their heads in here. The lack of of self-awareness to b*tch and moan about another club taking a player in the PSD because your club cheated and then refused to scamper off with what they could get once this became public knowledge is astounding. Imagine holding your club to such a low standard. I know that if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be ******* fuming at the Swans for cheating, and then not even taking what we could get from a situation that we monumentally f’ed up, not the opposition club that benefited from our stupidity. No wonder that club has gotten away with spoonfeeding its fans bullshit about that mystery camp for years.

Let it be known, I have no dislike for the Crows. I like most of their players and I hope Matty Nicks does well, but some of their fans are embarrassing themselves at this point.
The club finally owned up to the CM, Pyke finally took ownership and resign and we did a massive coach and list cleanout end of 2019. We've done our research on the Tippett-gate I think you need to as well......Tippett played us like a fiddle, why do you think the AFL also banned him for half the season for his 3rd party payments of $50K per year for 3 years which if they were declared would have been within the salary cap.
Mate shut up, your team almost came last.
You would be asking for pick 1 :)

You honestly don't think Tippett's management didn't tell Sydney that he can come very cheap despite offering him $1M per season because they had this "gentleman's" agreement in an email to force a trade? Why did Sydney offer a sh*t trade to us in the first place if they didn't know hence the deal fell through and the AFL started to look at why a club would offer such small trade value for $1M a year player they wanted to sign, so they looked more closely at his contract and discovered he was paid 3rd party payment of $200K over 3 years which was actually within the salary cap if they've been declared. Compared to what Carlton did, we received a very harsh and same punishment as Carlton.
If it makes you feel any better, he didn't play for half a season. Then when he did play he played one good season, was massively overpaid and still kept drawing a paycheck for a season after he retired, causing us serious salary cap issues. Most Swans fans would have preferred he stayed in Adelaide. But if you still want to gripe about losing him then go ahead. It's like reminiscing over your pet dog's turd that someone later stepped in.

The club finally owned up to the CM, Pyke finally took ownership and resign and we did a massive coach and list cleanout end of 2019. We've done our research on the Tippett-gate I think you need to as well......Tippett played us like a fiddle, why do you think the AFL also banned him for half the season for his 3rd party payments of $50K per year for 3 years which if they were declared would have been within the salary cap.

You would be asking for pick 1 :)

Why are you here trying to convince us of something that none of us will ever believe? What is the point?

It's not like convincing people on this board that your fantasies are reality will benefit you or your club as we wont be doing the trading for the club.

So WHY DO YOU BOTHER? It honestly confuses me. Unless you get off on rejection or lost causes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you here trying to convince us of something that none of us will ever believe? What is the point?

It's not like convincing people on this board that your fantasies are reality will benefit you or your club as we wont be doing the trading for the club.

So WHY DO YOU BOTHER? It honestly confuses me. Unless you get off on rejection or lost causes?
Convincing? I'm just stating facts.

Do you not see the cognitive dissonance of simultaneously banging on about what a sh*t bloke Tippett is while also holding such a grudge because we offered pick 22 plus Jesse White?

Would you have preferred you keep a cheat on your list? By that same token, Tippett was damaged goods for whichever team is trading him in. He had averaged less than 2 goals a game in his last 2 seasons at Adelaide and was unavailable for the first half of the following season. Pick 22 alone is an entirely reasonable offer all things considered. You could have just taken that, even if you didn't want White. FYI from that point on White played 71 AFL matches, Tippett played 74.

It's such a staggering thing to still hold such a ridiculous grudge against the Swans for. Trying to compare Tippett and the circumstances surrounding his departure from the Crows to Dawson's from the Swans is seriously laughable. Dawson is younger than Tippett was, doesn't have injury concerns hovering over him like Tippett did, hasn't cheated the salary cap like Tippett, isn't ******* suspended for the first half of the next season like Tippett was, and is coming off an an elite season, rather than two average seasons like Tippett.

You've been brainwashed by South Australian media if you think Tippett's departure from the Crows is worth holding a grudge over, and if you think it's something your list management team will even be considering at all during trade negotiations.
I'm just stating what Sydney offered pick 18 and White for a potential elite KPF when you guys offered him $1M and comparing them but with Dawson who potential can be elite offered 65% of what Tippett got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back