Kurt Tippett to the Swans? **UPDATE: Tippett requests trade to Sydney***

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please link me to these reports?

As far as I was aware he was banned from the pre-season competition and from competing in the "AFL" for 22 rounds with 11 of those suspended for 5 years.

This shouldn't rule him out from competing at state level next year.
Patrick Keane is usually pretty switched on but I'm not sure if this is correct:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...stephen-schwerdt/story-e6frf9jf-1226530014392

"The key forward-ruckman, 25, will not be allowed to play football at any level during his sanction - be it state league, suburban league or country league - but he is free to put in a full pre-season with the club that chooses him in the December 11 pre-season draft and continue to train during the year."

I'm still not convinced. The wording used only indicated he couldn't play AFL premiership matches. Nothing about neafl.

All worked out pretty well for mine (barring some unforeseen turn of events).

We get Tippett as well as pick 22 in Towers.

First half of the year to get game time into other forwards pushing for selection such as Morton, Membrey and Pyke.

Tippett comes in for the second half of the year and is nice and fresh for our finals campaign.

Suddenly our trade period doesn't look so bad :D

"My tools"? I don't own any of them. If they post crap on the Adelaide forums I clean it up, but I don't tell them what to post.

I can assure you, shit has been posted on both sides of the fence by supporters of both clubs. When it's happened, it's been cleaned up by the relevant moderators, exactly as should be happening.

I know. Of course, it was going to be agreed on because my club signed an illegal deal they were trying to cover up, not because it was any kind of reasonable trade. The fact that the AFL had to step in makes that pretty clear.

Not that I think the above paints us in any kind of good light, believe me. I'm furious that it's happened.

congratulations on losing two first round draft picks for two seasons and a player you were offered a first round draft pick for the year before (pick 8 i believe) for nothing. we'll gladly take him in the psd and give him a rest until round 12 so he's fresh as a daisy to provide us with the improvement we need to win another premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha @ the apt photo choice for this article on the AFL website...

Giants won't draft Tippett

270575-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Am I missing something here? we are going to spend 900k a year on this guy? He is not Tony Lockett or have I been watching a different game?

I like to see it as a 900k investment in Reid

I think that is a way too harsh penalty now if he cannot play at any level for 12 weeks. It borders on vindictive.

in comparison with trigg and his cronies the penalty is very harsh and most media commentators have said the same. it just goes to show it pays to be friends with andrew demetriou. i would of been accepting of the 11 matches if trigg had been banned from the game.

Am I missing something here? we are going to spend 900k a year on this guy? He is not Tony Lockett or have I been watching a different game?

my thoughts on this are the club know better (or should) what we can afford. I don't ever remember us losing a player for money reasons in the past. they only seem to have left to go home to melbourne. i do agree he is not worth that much in real terms but the situation means we have to pay what other clubs can't afford and if they're willing to do it, we must be able to afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back