Kurt Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Talk about escaping criticism... Scully aside is there a more overpaid, under performing player in the league?

For the huge money he's reportedly on you'd want a bloody star wouldn't you? He's little more than average.

He's kicked mid 30s goals for the last two years and isn't looking much better this year, he was very poor yesterday. He barely offers anything in the ruck either. As it stands hes been a minor upgrade on Jesse White.

Personally as soon as I was him at Sydney I thought he was too big - he used to be mobile for his size at Adelaide which was an advantage, but he seems to be a bit of a barge these days. I reckon he could stand to lose 5-10 kgs and get moving a bit better.

The Swans copped a lot of heat for the deal they threw at Buddy, but he's repaid every cent so far. Tippett could be the real deadweight in terms of their salary cap.

I think he's escaping criticism because he's been injured for a fair chunk of his time at Sydney

Talk about escaping criticism... Scully aside is there a more overpaid, under performing player in the league?

For the huge money he's reportedly on you'd want a bloody star wouldn't you? He's little more than average.

He's kicked mid 30s goals for the last two years and isn't looking much better this year, he was very poor yesterday. He barely offers anything in the ruck either. As it stands hes been a minor upgrade on Jesse White.

Personally as soon as I was him at Sydney I thought he was too big - he used to be mobile for his size at Adelaide which was an advantage, but he seems to be a bit of a barge these days. I reckon he could stand to lose 5-10 kgs and get moving a bit better.

The Swans copped a lot of heat for the deal they threw at Buddy, but he's repaid every cent so far. Tippett could be the real deadweight in terms of their salary cap.

He's also only played half a season

Was one of Sydney's better players yesterday. However I agree with the OP.

For a contract like his - he's signficantly under performing.

Do you really think that when Tippett signed that the Swans were going to secure Franklin (regardless of media speculation or not).

In the end, if the Swans were 100 per cent (somehow) confirmed to attain Franklin, I doubt they would have picked up Tippett.

Tippett is no second-banana either. He is a full forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the best in the league at taking overhead marks, Considering he's a pretty high jumper, 200cm, long arms, and hardly drops them on a lead he's impossible to stop when the balls high up in the air and he's on a lead. Carey-esk but just longer arms, Higher jumper,

Too bad he is below average to terrible at everything else.

He's the only bloke who just Humiliates Gibson at every oppotunity bar the last grand final

He's the best in the league at taking overhead marks, Considering he's a pretty high jumper, 200cm, long arms, and hardly drops them on a lead he's impossible to stop when the balls high up in the air and he's on a lead. Carey-esk but just longer arms, Higher jumper,

Too bad he is below average to terrible at everything else.

He's the only bloke who just Humiliates Gibson at every oppotunity bar the last grand final
Nah, as much as i hate to say it, Cashboult's better overhead, cant kick to save his life though.

Even Scully has performed much better than him this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kurt Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back