Kyabram DFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avenel have a week to do some serious soul searching after coping a floggin today at moroopna kicking one goal in a half of footy on a bowling green was just crap on top of that they have some serious injury concerns with Duncan Morgan and Tyers Nagambie had 2 reported in Harrison and fothergill most have said nagambie and Avenal forget the rest I wouldn't be to sure about that!!
What were the reports for?

Was it Fothergill or Sanderson that got reported swoop , Harrison will get off just to blokes going hard at it , looked worse then it was

Haha yep 21 blokes in Bulldogs jumpers absolutely hung me out to dry today. Bastards!!
Oh dear oh dear.. Smooth u out there? Haha.. In all seriousness was a good game and Stanhope probably played some of their better footy for the year when it counted.. And getting thru with no injuries is a major bonus..

Oh dear oh dear.. Smooth u out there? Haha.. In all seriousness was a good game and Stanhope probably played some of their better footy for the year when it counted.. And getting thru with no injuries is a major bonus..

Hahaha yeah I'm here Normo & u still owe me a slab..... Yes stanhope definitely played the better footy today & won the game, just a shame they played an ineligible player today so could be some big news coming!! Watch this space..... All about the integrity mate, u's should know better!! ;);););):thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hahaha yeah I'm here Normo & u still owe me a slab..... Yes stanhope definitely played the better footy today & won the game, just a shame they played an ineligible player today so could be some big news coming!! Watch this space..... All about the integrity mate, u's should know better!! ;);););):thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Haha.. Leave the boots in the bin mate..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I heard something about this... Al O'Reilly managed to play a game while on holidays in Croatia to qualify for finals. Is that the one?

Is it six games to qualify? Pretty easy to sort out, hard to disguise international travel. Didn't feature in the goals or best against Tally, Murch and Ardmona so won't be difficult to narrow down. Stanhope moved the ball too well for Merrigum and the game really didn't reach any great heights. I thought that Smooth was a bit stiff not to be in the best as he probably kept Merrigum in it while they were still a shot.

Is it six games to qualify? Pretty easy to sort out, hard to disguise international travel. Didn't feature in the goals or best against Tally, Murch and Ardmona so won't be difficult to narrow down. Stanhope moved the ball too well for Merrigum and the game really didn't reach any great heights. I thought that Smooth was a bit stiff not to be in the best as he probably kept Merrigum in it while they were still a shot.

He played against Ardmona while still overseas! His Facebook confirmed it, he was questioned on the matter on the field today. The posts have since been deleted!! Thank goodness for screenshots.

Far too good today were the Lions. Merrigum boys couldn't execute skills all day, credit to the pressure Stanhope put on. But O'Reilly shouldn't have been out there nonetheless..

1 thing I was really impressed with Stanhope today Woody was how well they setup, they structured that really well all day..... Was hard looking down they ground & seeing an even spread of lions jumpers.....

So if it's real and he hasn't been there what happens since its a final?
If a player is ineligible for any reason; suspension, not cleared, not qualified and the team in which he played won then AFLVic would have to declare the result reversed. This has been done to teams mid season who have played someone not cleared. If there was a deliberate attempt to fraudulently qualify a player and that player then played unqualified in a final then the penalties could be anything because there is this "catch all" known as "bringing the game into disrepute". All speculation of course.

Would Ardmona get a win for the game in question.
Great question. If a team declares a player on the team sheet and the player doesn't front and take the ground due to a legitimate reason and the team has only twenty players then probably not. But...if a team deliberately declared a player on the team sheet knowing that the player could not possibly be available then who knows. It would have meant that Stanhope visibly only had two players on the bench from the start and that might have been noted by a keen observer. Or...start with seventeen and mix this up to make it appear that there are three on the bench. Or...put a jumper on someone and simply have them sit on the bench. Oh the possibilities. Or...the player actually met the qualifying clause anyway and its all a Furphy.

Great question. If a team declares a player on the team sheet and the player doesn't front and take the ground due to a legitimate reason and the team has only twenty players then probably not. But...if a team deliberately declared a player on the team sheet knowing that the player could not possibly be available then who knows. It would have meant that Stanhope visibly only had two players on the bench from the start and that might have been noted by a keen observer. Or...start with seventeen and mix this up to make it appear that there are three on the bench. Or...put a jumper on someone and simply have them sit on the bench. Oh the possibilities. Or...the player actually met the qualifying clause anyway and its all a Furphy.
It happen a few years ago in gvfl thirds to Benalla there bushes hadn't played the right number of games they had won easy the result was reversed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back