Kyabram DFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody hell could the article in the shepp news make our league look anymore piss weak , also I have concerns about our league getting executives to run it if they don't get more professional help.
I wonder if the teams using Findlay will be ok when the league raises fees so they can have there own lawyer on retainer.
Also I would love to know how much of the $ Findlay gets he tells the ATO about.

Bloody hell could the article in the shepp news make our league look anymore piss weak , also I have concerns about our league getting executives to run it if they don't get more professional help.
I wonder if the teams using Findlay will be ok when the league raises fees so they can have there own lawyer on retainer.
Also I would love to know how much of the $ Findlay gets he tells the ATO about.
Clubs using a competant advocate is not a excuse for raising admin fees , surely that wont be used .
KDFL isn't the only local league Findlay has been an advocate , his success rate would appear just far superior in the KDFL so therefore appears to get more gigs.
I thought the Shepp News article was pretty tame given the circumstances .

Last edited:
I actually think the league did everything they could in the circumstances. The only other step was to appeal the decision, which they would have liked to have done, but knowing that this would have meant postponing the whole finals series (not just one football game, but all grades of football and netball), they made a decision to not make a bad decision worse.
Independent tribunals are a complete farce and always have been, the people on them don't have to have any qualifications and are normally volunteers. As far as I'm aware all tribunals in the district are run the same, so not sure how the KDL executive can be blamed for the decision made totally independently of them. Especially when they made the right call in the first place

I actually think the league did everything they could in the circumstances. The only other step was to appeal the decision, which they would have liked to have done, but knowing that this would have meant postponing the whole finals series (not just one football game, but all grades of football and netball), they made a decision to not make a bad decision worse.
Independent tribunals are a complete farce and always have been, the people on them don't have to have any qualifications and are normally volunteers. As far as I'm aware all tribunals in the district are run the same, so not sure how the KDL executive can be blamed for the decision made totally independently of them. Especially when they made the right call in the first place
Why did it get reffered to the tribunal and how is it that he played against Undera and it wasnt picked up by the administration.
Do they not check official teamsheets or was he not listed ?
Neither can be blamed upon the tribunal, who it would appear are being used as scapegoats.
Be interesting to here the tribunal panel members thoughts and whether their identity or story will ever be told.

Last edited:
Why did it get reffered to the tribunal and how is it that he played against Undera and it wasnt picked up by the administration.
Neither can be blamed upon the tribunal, who ut would appear are being used as scapegoats.
Be interesting to here the tribunal panel members thoughts and whether their identity or story will ever be told.
Yep, don't know the in's and outs of who should have heard what, transparent open tribunal hearing would have been handy.
As for the teamsheets for the Undera game, there is a nice little story to that one, don't take it as gospel, but what I was told was that he took to the field and was on the team sheet, but a KDFL Exec was at the game and told them to get him off the ground and remove him from the team sheet as he hadn't been cleared. Then as the Shepp News alluded to in their story, the clearance went through at 1.43pm

Yep, don't know the in's and outs of who should have heard what, transparent open tribunal hearing would have been handy.
As for the teamsheets for the Undera game, there is a nice little story to that one, don't take it as gospel, but what I was told was that he took to the field and was on the team sheet, but a KDFL Exec was at the game and told them to get him off the ground and remove him from the team sheet as he hadn't been cleared. Then as the Shepp News alluded to in their story, the clearance went through at 1.43pm
I did read the bit about the timming of the clearance , but sorry that raises questions as well.
If he took to the field and wasnt cleared , Stanhope played a inelgible player in that game against Undera 2's. Also as I have previously alluded to , the last step in the clearance process is the player approving it , the prior step is the club approving it , therefore the player and club knows exactly when he has been cleared. He also isnt able to be selected on the IT program if he isnt cleared. Cleared or uncleared if he played he should have been on teamsheets , perhaps hand written and it should have been picked up by administration.
If not why wasn't it or was it in fact picked up and just swept under the carpet ?
The cynic in me suggests that
the process in this whole matter has been a massive cover up and I am not so quick to lay blame at the exec , tribunal or either club.

So technically he wasn't cleared by the start of that game then so can't be recognised as a registered game! If he took to the field before he was cleared than they were playing an unregistered player & therefor Undera 2's get the win, also if he didn't take to the field after 1.43pm when he was cleared than he didn't play that game so therefore only registered 5games? The whole thing is a farce & obviously incompetent people sitting on the independent tribunal don't understand the bylaws that they where suppose to be adjudicating too.....

Clubs using a competant advocate is not a excuse for raising admin fees , surely that wont be used .
KDFL isn't the only local league Findlay has been an advocate , his success rate would appear just far superior in the KDFL so therefore appears to get more gigs.
I thought the Shepp News article was pretty tame given the circumstances .
Your right Roar l agree ,as for the last two sentences I wasn't serious .
But l do have concerns with getting people to run the league when you have incidents like this come up , it would scare many a person away .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

image.png image.png image.png image.jpeg
Your right Roar l agree ,as for the last two sentences I wasn't serious .
But l do have concerns with getting people to run the league when you have incidents like this come up , it would scare many a person away .

Yep be thankful you could have people like Simon Devine running your league who treats Shepp News journalists like this..

So technically he wasn't cleared by the start of that game then so can't be recognised as a registered game! If he took to the field before he was cleared than they were playing an unregistered player & therefor Undera 2's get the win, also if he didn't take to the field after 1.43pm when he was cleared than he didn't play that game so therefore only registered 5games? The whole thing is a farce & obviously incompetent people sitting on the independent tribunal don't understand the bylaws that they where suppose to be adjudicating too.....
In fairness smooth it would appear the tribunal have followed the leagues by laws by ruling him ineligible . They have just ignored AFL Vic rules which state loss of game and minimum of $500 which only the league board or exec can decide. That is of course on the undertaken that the tribunal ruled it was able to hear the case which clearly should not have been referred to them.

Is there a law that states u have to be on the ground or just the bench? Or have to go over the line?

Neither can be blamed upon the tribunal, who it would appear are being used as scapegoats.
I believe the Undera game was his first before being cleared and he played in the reserves game. I haven't got the Shepp News in front of me so may be barking up wrong tree. The News does mention this game and that he wasn't cleared until 1:45pm, so therefore he was playing before he was cleared!

I believe the Undera game was his first before being cleared and he played in the reserves game. I haven't got the Shepp News in front of me so may be barking up wrong tree. The News does mention this game and that he wasn't cleared until 1:45pm, so therefore he was playing before he was cleared!
If I was a stanhope player I would be embarrassed to be playing this week. They should forfeit the game.

I must say I'm sorry, I don't know Sloaney (The Stanhope president) at all, & I'm sure he's a great bloke, but the crap I read in the paper about the confusion of Al not being back in the country in time blah blah blah has got to be the worst cover up excuse story in my life!! My 5yr old daughter comes up with more believable stories than that!! They would've been better to say "yeah look we f***** up with naming him against ardmona & we'll cop the fine" & try to earn some respect back instead of making them look more guilty & trying to cover up with that pathetic story..... From the people that I've spoken to today are in even more shock by their actions after reading what was said.....

Just made matters worse.....

Anyway goodluck to both sides 2moro, hope it's a cracker of a game, really really wet :D:p & hopefully a good loud crowd having some fun..... & to lanky on holding the final, hearing they have everything in A+ condition..... :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back