Kyabram DFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2012 Craig Whelan bagged 89 of his 168 goals against the bottom five teams, including 34 against a winless Ardmona which finished the season with a percentage of 7.73. I don't recall any "clarifying" of his result. In the end you have to get the ball and slot it between the tall uprights to score a goal, regardless of the opposition.
But in that season, every team had a chance to play Ardmona. I suspect that the KDL board didn't think this would be an issue in round 2 when they allowed the goals to stand.

This is no slight on Osborne. As you say, he still kicked the goals, but I imagine there may be a few disappointed full forwards that would have liked the chance to fill their boots.

I'd like to see the GVFL final 6 which at least gives the third team a double chance if they win in week one. It's still flawed but that "mediocre" sixth team can still cause enormous damage and keep a side in third place honest in a competition such as the KDFL.
GV top 6 doesn't provide reward for the best team of the Home & Away series they play week 1 of the finals series to try and get to a 2nd Semi where they already should be. Top 5 can't beat it.

Ardmona will be there next year. no doubt about it we are signed sealed and delivered!!
Good brand of footy played today by the mainland boys, give tally a bit of a footy lesson.. they will find it hard next week against avenel at avenel without Sidebottom who did his hammy again in the first qtr.. will be a cracka of a final series..

I agree that he has kicked them, but to the post about a rushy nut 'adding on an extra goal to get him there' is a bit silly. I don't think Ozzy would appreciate that himself. Would want to kick them legitimately
And kick them he did against a side that will play finals. Congratulations Ossie on kicking 100 for the season.

Top 5 is by far the best finals system for country footy in my view
A final five is what most of us grew up with, but do fourth and fifth really have a chance of winning the flag? Under the final four, fourth placed teams did win premierships. Where would you draw the line Roota on the number of teams in a competition? The KDFL has a final six with thirteen teams, the GVFL has a final six with twelve. Should it be more than half play finals, half or less than half? All age old questions I know.

But in that season, every team had a chance to play Ardmona. I suspect that the KDL board didn't think this would be an issue in round 2 when they allowed the goals to stand.

This is no slight on Osborne. As you say, he still kicked the goals, but I imagine there may be a few disappointed full forwards that would have liked the chance to fill their boots.
Has been a problem for a while I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A final five is what most of us grew up with, but do fourth and fifth really have a chance of winning the flag? Under the final four, fourth placed teams did win premierships. Where would you draw the line Roota on the number of teams in a competition? The KDFL has a final six with thirteen teams, the GVFL has a final six with twelve. Should it be more than half play finals, half or less than half? All age old questions I know.

I've seen teams win it from 5th at homes. I don't reckon the number of teams in the comp matters that much. IF more than half the clubs make finals I think,you devalue the achievement

Good brand of footy played today by the mainland boys, give tally a bit of a footy lesson.. they will find it hard next week against avenel at avenel without Sidebottom who did his hammy again in the first qtr.. will be a cracka of a final series..
Even money game next week
We fancy ourselves

Heard today undera will be appointing Numurkah player Jye warren as coach for 2018 the tie I've been told is that he is a relative of Brenton Campbell who also will be lining up with the lions Godsmart is also a big chance to return Should have few $$$$ in the bank seeing there president stated they only spend about 700 a game on players ??? Any way hope it's all true as there is nothing better than to see these struggling sides rise again

Heard today undera will be appointing Numurkah player Jye warren as coach for 2018 the tie I've been told is that he is a relative of Brenton Campbell who also will be lining up with the lions Godsmart is also a big chance to return Should have few $$$$ in the bank seeing there president stated they only spend about 700 a game on players ??? Any way hope it's all true as there is nothing better than to see these struggling sides rise again
Light at the end of the tunnel for them. A look forward to the opening week of the finals & Id unfortunately have to agree with Ultra that unless the Tally boys can dig deep to win their first game in a month the Season is going to go up in flames after being so promising. Sidey is a savage blow. Stanhope pretty warm favourites for mine in the other game.

Light at the end of the tunnel for them. A look forward to the opening week of the finals & Id unfortunately have to agree with Ultra that unless the Tally boys can dig deep to win their first game in a month the Season is going to go up in flames after being so promising. Sidey is a savage blow. Stanhope pretty warm favourites for mine in the other game.
Tally will find it tough at Avenal they couldn't beat them at home a couple of weeks back so I definitely can't see them winning this game at the swans nest yeh Sidey will be missed but in saying that he hasn't set the world on fire this year Don't forget Avenal are without the reigning McNamara medalist who was smashing them when he copped an a.c.l The other game Stanhope will start red hot against lancy but footy is funny game to predict I can assure lancy will give it a red hot go

Lancaster by 3 points (not a happy camp at vain land atm)
Avenel by 23 points Tally too many injuries and too small

Have heard there is a bit of friendly fire going on at the Main land. Coupla exell boys and co not to happy with the great man hooda himself (sarcasm), one big full forward with a bright future in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back