Kyabram DFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made the trip to Avenel this arvo and very glad I did. One of the best finals I've ever seen! Tally were gone for all money and 43 points down at half time. The redlegs had a huge third qtr and hit the lead before 3 qtr time. Extended the lead to 15 points by the 10 minute mark of the last quarter before Avenel fought back to win by 5 points.
Very impressed with Tallys effort against the odds, but just made some crucial mistakes in the dying minutes and the Swannies made them pay dearly!

Stanhope v Swans next week should be a cracker!

Thoughts on 3 umpires during finals series. I watched yesterday's game and in my opinion I thought the umpiring was very average to put it nicely.
I thought the third umpire was there to pick up behind the play and or anything that the main umpire missed (within reason) i reckon they actually do a better job with two .

Thoughts on 3 umpires during finals series. I watched yesterday's game and in my opinion I thought the umpiring was very average to put it nicely.
I thought the third umpire was there to pick up behind the play and or anything that the main umpire missed (within reason) i reckon they actually do a better job with two .
Too much difference in the interpretation of the rules with 3 umpires in my opinion, although I thought the umpires on Saturday weren't too bad, the reserves umpires were very ordinary though.

I thought the third umpire was there to pick up behind the play and or anything that the main umpire missed (within reason) i reckon they actually do a better job with two .[/saturdays senior umpires where terrible the three of them. but stanhope were very impressive they look like a real threat for the flag on saturdays form.

thought the three umpires in the senior game on sat very ordinary the three of them.but stanhope were very impressive will be a real threat for the flag on saturdays performance.

Shattering for Tally played some great Footy at times but lacked poise which Avenel cashed in on. Agree it was a great game to watch especially when most expected Avenel to win easily. Two great games coming up this week I feel.

I think Avenel would want to play a lot better across 4 quarters if they would like to beat Stanhope. Lucky to get out of jail in the end. But their first half was very efficient

I think Avenel would want to play a lot better across 4 quarters if they would like to beat Stanhope. Lucky to get out of jail in the end. But their first half was very efficient
Very true, 10 minute or even full quarter lapses have been an issue for the swans, even was last year. But apart from the slip up in round 3 where they got a touch up in the wet, which was a form slump and slow start for the boys, they actually have a good record against Stanhope of late. Beating them this year by 15 points and gave them a couple touch ups last year. Will be a cracker of a game. Interesting to see what this J. Gray is like. Kicked 6 on the weekend, Lancy don't really have the best key backs though where the Swannies boy's have a few to choose from, with Scott Tyers arguably being the best in the competition.

Very true, 10 minute or even full quarter lapses have been an issue for the swans, even was last year. But apart from the slip up in round 3 where they got a touch up in the wet, which was a form slump and slow start for the boys, they actually have a good record against Stanhope of late. Beating them this year by 15 points and gave them a couple touch ups last year. Will be a cracker of a game. Interesting to see what this J. Gray is like. Kicked 6 on the weekend, Lancy don't really have the best key backs though where the Swannies boy's have a few to choose from, with Scott Tyers arguably being the best in the competition.
Yeah will be a cracking game.. I'd say if jimmy gray kicks 5 or 6 they will win.. if he doesn't well will need a few of the boys to slot a few.. will be a totally different games to last week for the mainland playing against smaller opposition.. this week will be totally the opposite with avenel having plenty of solid body's around the ground and contest.. will be won in the middle I'd say.. who ever gets first use of it will be a telling factor to who wins this contest..

Reigning McNamara Medallist Kasey Duncan is rumoured to be a shock inclusion for the swans this week. Jump on Sportsbet and get the $9 while you can gents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thought the three umpires in the senior game on sat very ordinary the three of them.but stanhope were very impressive will be a real threat for the flag on saturdays performance.
Saw the Stanhope and Lancaster game and the use of the third umpire was very unprofessional. The control umpire should be where the play is and one of the umpires should be looking forward ofvthe play, especially after a stoppage like a mark or free kick. There was a fair bit missed because of this.
However the goal umpiring was worse with one goal passing 8 foot high to the wrong side of the post called a goal, and another smothered off a player's hands and rolled through from 20m out and still called a goal.
Final outcome of these decisions would have made no difference as mistakes by Lancaster players even worse at times.

Sun is out and time for some finals footy. The Doc is tipping Nagambie by 11 points over VT mainly due to their list coming together at the right time and their finals experience should be a great game out at Stanny. Tomorrow I like Stanhope they have hit their straps and might trouble the Swans with their run & in their past two matches they've only conceded 9 goals against two finals teams. Avenel have a group of stars and they will need to be up and about together to swing it their way. Stanny by 27 points.

Very ordinary game at Girgarre today up until half time with Avenel and Stanhope both being dogged by skill errors and poor delivery. Stanhope down to two on the bench early with Hank sidelined with what appeared to be a leg injury. The game was in the balance when a Stanhope player marked, well inside forward fifty, only to have the kick reversed. From this point Avenel ran away. The "best" players for Stanhope are interesting; the margin would have a been bigger earlier without the efforts of Trevena. Waterboy No.7 for Avenel did lift his work rate in the second half and this may have been a key factor.

Very ordinary game at Girgarre today up until half time with Avenel and Stanhope both being dogged by skill errors and poor delivery. Stanhope down to two on the bench early with Hank sidelined with what appeared to be a leg injury. The game was in the balance when a Stanhope player marked, well inside forward fifty, only to have the kick reversed. From this point Avenel ran away. The "best" players for Stanhope are interesting; the margin would have a been bigger earlier without the efforts of Trevena. Waterboy No.7 for Avenel did lift his work rate in the second half and this may have been a key factor.
Yeah both games this week didn't reach any great heights, standard of the skills has been very poor. Hamstring for me Woody

Stirling lifted after half time, John green for avenal was best afield for mine had the better of gray today when under the pump. Poor skills made the game sloppy until half time

Plenty of skill errors but was an intense high pressured game which played a small part in that. Cream rises to the top they say, and that's what happened in the last quarter when Stirling got the boys going with McCarthy goaling twice then morgan. And Scott Tyers once again super down back, but yes John Green was very good, may be the better Green at the moment Mitch Thomas was also very good. Though Jack Excell was good off half back, and Emmett tried hard. The boys were kept pretty well hydrated, got them home in the last

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back