Kyabram DFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St

Strange comment when he contacted VT after not getting a senior birth following above average performances in the Magoos.
Who do think should have been playing seniors at Euroa Nate or Bob?

Nate and Rob play different roles in that side so hard to say. But Robbie earned his spot through good performances in the twos. Nate had an injury set back which saw him put back.

An interesting article/ plea .

I implore every club and every club person, who has ever been involved in a struggling country footy side, and let's face it we've all been there, to contact AFL GM in regards to their mismanagement, as representatives of AFL Victoria, of the Community Sustainable Clubs Program and the player point system that has resulted in the Longwood Football Club incurring a $15,000 fine and the Longwood senior coach a $2500 fine and 10 week suspension.

These fines and restrictions were imposed because the Longwood FNC who is yet to win a 2017 senior KDFL match broke their 50 point allocation by 7 points in their round 6 match against Murchison-Toolamba who was sitting at 10th on the ladder prior to the game. Despite this so called breach of AFL rules Longwood lost by 95 points.

The player point system is quite obviously flawed in its assumption that all towns have a reasonable contingent of locals who can and want to play football.

At no point should Longwood or any other struggling club with a small local player base and lack of juniors who is working so hard to rebuild, have ever been allocated a points base that results in them having to put anything less than their best possible side on the park. From what I can see one of two possibilities have occurred, either firstly the player point system does not work, or alternatively, it does work but it is not being administered properly by AFL Goulburn Murray.

The points system is supposedly designed to even up the playing field of competition in country football. For it to result in an already struggling club having to pay hefty financial fines something is fundamentally wrong, and now the whole system has become compromised as it is contradictory to the purposes it is meant to serve. Add the fact that the fines don't even remain in the league but go to the body that charges the leagues to compete and oversees the point system and what we have left is a contradictory system with no accountability.

A review of the system and the rules and responsibilities in regards to its administration needs to be performed as a matter of urgency and the sanctions imposed on Longwood FNC and its senior coach need to be reversed immediately pending a review. The way this particular incident has been handled by AFL Goulburn Murray indicates the AFL has a lack of knowledge or understanding and an apparent disinterest in the issues faced by clubs in country Victoria.

Failure of them to internally review their processes and procedures at a regional level and a lack of willingness to align these to the needs of country football clubs will be the direct cause in the short term of the demise of country football clubs, which ultimately will result in the disbanding of country football leagues in the long term.

To date, it would seem that this is not of great concern to the AFL, but as country people who love our clubs, we as a group are the only ones who can stop it from happening. The AFL should no longer be allowed to administrate our game from afar with no understanding of what we as country football clubs and leagues need or want. We pay their wages, so it is up to us what we want them to do and how we want them to do it. If they're not willing to listen and provide us with what we need, as I see it, we would be far better off as a group to cut our ties and remove ourselves from their control.

An interesting article/ plea .

I implore every club and every club person, who has ever been involved in a struggling country footy side, and let's face it we've all been there, to contact AFL GM in regards to their mismanagement, as representatives of AFL Victoria, of the Community Sustainable Clubs Program and the player point system that has resulted in the Longwood Football Club incurring a $15,000 fine and the Longwood senior coach a $2500 fine and 10 week suspension.

These fines and restrictions were imposed because the Longwood FNC who is yet to win a 2017 senior KDFL match broke their 50 point allocation by 7 points in their round 6 match against Murchison-Toolamba who was sitting at 10th on the ladder prior to the game. Despite this so called breach of AFL rules Longwood lost by 95 points.

The player point system is quite obviously flawed in its assumption that all towns have a reasonable contingent of locals who can and want to play football.

At no point should Longwood or any other struggling club with a small local player base and lack of juniors who is working so hard to rebuild, have ever been allocated a points base that results in them having to put anything less than their best possible side on the park. From what I can see one of two possibilities have occurred, either firstly the player point system does not work, or alternatively, it does work but it is not being administered properly by AFL Goulburn Murray.

The points system is supposedly designed to even up the playing field of competition in country football. For it to result in an already struggling club having to pay hefty financial fines something is fundamentally wrong, and now the whole system has become compromised as it is contradictory to the purposes it is meant to serve. Add the fact that the fines don't even remain in the league but go to the body that charges the leagues to compete and oversees the point system and what we have left is a contradictory system with no accountability.

A review of the system and the rules and responsibilities in regards to its administration needs to be performed as a matter of urgency and the sanctions imposed on Longwood FNC and its senior coach need to be reversed immediately pending a review. The way this particular incident has been handled by AFL Goulburn Murray indicates the AFL has a lack of knowledge or understanding and an apparent disinterest in the issues faced by clubs in country Victoria.

Failure of them to internally review their processes and procedures at a regional level and a lack of willingness to align these to the needs of country football clubs will be the direct cause in the short term of the demise of country football clubs, which ultimately will result in the disbanding of country football leagues in the long term.

To date, it would seem that this is not of great concern to the AFL, but as country people who love our clubs, we as a group are the only ones who can stop it from happening. The AFL should no longer be allowed to administrate our game from afar with no understanding of what we as country football clubs and leagues need or want. We pay their wages, so it is up to us what we want them to do and how we want them to do it. If they're not willing to listen and provide us with what we need, as I see it, we would be far better off as a group to cut our ties and remove ourselves from their control.
Well said and as I have said previously what does the almighty afl provide for grass roots football sfa

Good win by murch-tol over gig The loss against lancy and now murch -tol could really hurt there finals chances With Ross and Hyland in the side I expected them to have a good win and I'm sure Tucks and the boys would have thought so too Any way long way to go and there's bound to be more upsets looming

Good win by murch-tol over gig The loss against lancy and now murch -tol could really hurt there finals chances With Ross and Hyland in the side I expected them to have a good win and I'm sure Tucks and the boys would have thought so too Any way long way to go and there's bound to be more upsets looming
tucks gave them a good spray during the last break! Murch-tool should of won by a bit more but they let gig get a couple cheap goals late in the last.

Ross didn't play and hyland didn't play after the first 10 minutes

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's making excuses. Was mentioned with those players that they thought Gig would win. No one is making excuses champ. So go TREAT your own water
When reference is made to players not playing instead of saying we played poorly then I think its an excuse. In terms of treading water even with a super draw Gig will win a very similar amount of games to what they did last year.

When reference is made to players not playing instead of saying we played poorly then I think its an excuse. In terms of treading water even with a super draw Gig will win a very similar amount of games to what they did last year.
Show me someone from Girgarre that's made an excuse. Senior coach made mention after the game that not now nor never will he use injuries as an excuse. Mention was made of Ross and Hyland, someone has quoted that 1 didn't play and 1 was concussed. No one then followed that with this is the reason they lost.

Show me someone from Girgarre that's made an excuse. Senior coach made mention after the game that not now nor never will he use injuries as an excuse. Mention was made of Ross and Hyland, someone has quoted that 1 didn't play and 1 was concussed. No one then followed that with this is the reason they lost.
The big red head is back at nagaz.. looks like nagaz as clear favourites..

I'm unsure who representing Gigarre on here Brownlow but it's a common theme for Club's too simply dismiss a loss by quoting players out of the side. Earles comments in the paper today saying we're not too fazed by the result is another example. The loss on Saturday could well cost a double chance come finals time.

Was talking to a Rushworth recruit preseason and he was very confident of the Tigers chances this year and they seem to have gone backwards.
Apparently 6 turned up for training a couple of weeks ago.
What has gone wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back