Kyabram DFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonny smashed them first couple of qtrs, gig won’t be any good this year, to slow and old

Watched the 3rd term (last of the seniors), and Gig would have won that by 4-5 goals, word was Tonny May have been a goal up before then. Gig are expecting to play deep into the finals this season, and I would be surprised if they weren’t in the top 6.

Watched the 3rd term (last of the seniors), and Gig would have won that by 4-5 goals, word was Tonny May have been a goal up before then. Gig are expecting to play deep into the finals this season, and I would be surprised if they weren’t in the top 6.
Tally went down to Congupna in the seniors 3 Quarters by 4 or 5 goals on Thursday Night in agood hit out. Congupna are expected to be 6th or 7th in the Murray League this year where are Tonny likely to be?

Tonny smashed them first couple of qtrs, gig won’t be any good this year, to slow and old

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well Giggity, as it’s your very first post , and not a very constructive post at that, one would valve Hanks opinion 100 % over yours, Did you get your user name from reference to Girgarre, or just make it up to try cover yourself? Maybe your just from another club who Gig will keep out of the top 6 ? , buy they way who do you play for ?

You always have choices well while pdfnl are around who happen to care about clubs having a say.
Now I’m no expert but if AFLGM were to start forcing clubs on you that you don’t want what’s stopping clubs simply saying we want to go to pdfnl and just switch? If enough of you decided to take that action then you could simply be the third pdfnl league geez I’d say we would even let you choose your league name.
Pass

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

You always have choices well while pdfnl are around who happen to care about clubs having a say.
Now I’m no expert but if AFLGM were to start forcing clubs on you that you don’t want what’s stopping clubs simply saying we want to go to pdfnl and just switch? If enough of you decided to take that action then you could simply be the third pdfnl league geez I’d say we would even let you choose your league name.

Perfect chance for a re-jig and a freshen up across the entire region, who knows may even make several comps a bit less predicatable and not as dominated generally by the same 3-4 clubs year in year out.

Perfect chance for a re-jig and a freshen up across the entire region, who knows may even make several comps a bit less predicatable and not as dominated generally by the same 3-4 clubs year in year out.

Maybe but bear in mind pdfnl have five grades football and 8 grades netball it’s not just about senior sides.

But the number one task is tell the hub and now AFLvic to buggar off. $80,000 in affiliation fees (insurance bit deducted now we know how much insurance really is) from pdfnl alone, and we get buggar all for that money. A website is it! Buggar me we are stupid!

Time to establish a AFLvic Country administration where we control how many level of bureaucracy there are milking the game of $$ to the detriment of our small communities.

Don’t have AFL rose coloured glasses on this CCSP is CONTROL CLUBS SECURE PROFITS for AFL!!

For once we as country people can stop ourselves being taken for granted and screwed over.

Maybe but bear in mind pdfnl have five grades football and 8 grades netball it’s not just about senior sides.

But the number one task is tell the hub and now AFLvic to buggar off. $80,000 in affiliation fees (insurance bit deducted now we know how much insurance really is) from pdfnl alone, and we get buggar all for that money. A website is it! Buggar me we are stupid!

Time to establish a AFLvic Country administration where we control how many level of bureaucracy there are milking the game of $$ to the detriment of our small communities.

Don’t have AFL rose coloured glasses on this CCSP is CONTROL CLUBS SECURE PROFITS for AFL!!

For once we as country people can stop ourselves being taken for granted and screwed over.

Hard to argue, and those who know me are aware how devoted I have been in time to footy/netball clubs, wasn't having a dig more saying it could be a chance to re-align and suit all demographics and eliminate some travel too which may help preserve or reverse the current drop out trends.

Anything to help our communities and youth coming thru to experience what we all have over the years :thumbsu:

Hard to argue, and those who know me are aware how devoted I have been in time to footy/netball clubs, wasn't having a dig more saying it could be a chance to re-align and suit all demographics and eliminate some travel too which may help preserve or reverse the current drop out trends.

Anything to help our communities and youth coming thru to experience what we all have over the years :thumbsu:

Nah mate I knew you weren’t having a dig.
There is an opening here to really change things for the better I just hope people are like you and open to it.

I’m also on a mission the day a football governing body using juniors to hide behind and use as hostages is the day I decide I will tear their house down brick by brick with my own hands if I have to.

Hands off the juniors!!

Nah mate I knew you weren’t having a dig.
There is an opening here to really change things for the better I just hope people are like you and open to it.

I’m also on a mission the day a football governing body using juniors to hide behind and use as hostages is the day I decide I will tear their house down brick by brick with my own hands if I have to.

Hands off the juniors!!

I've tried multiple times (without fail) to try and spark an interest to re-form a comp which emcompasses our junior footy and local cricket boundaries down where I am.

I was also ready to make a run for the board over in the RDFL region before bloody Kilmore seniors and juniors moved, as did Wandong JFC which meant I had nothing to represent, work with or fight for :(

Anything to help promote/preserve coountry footy/netball I'm always up for.

I've tried multiple times (without fail) to try and spark an interest to re-form a comp which emcompasses our junior footy and local cricket boundaries down where I am.

I was also ready to make a run for the board over in the RDFL region before bloody Kilmore seniors and juniors moved, as did Wandong JFC which meant I had nothing to represent, work with or fight for :(

Anything to help promote/preserve coountry footy/netball I'm always up for.

AFL GM and Martin Gleeson have certainly done a lot poorly with this issue with PDFL - why they are accepting to 'negotiate' with the likes of the MFL about affiliation excluding administration and not with others is interesting to say the least. Conversely PDFL appear to have been lax in progressing the issue prior to the deadlines??

But one thing AFL GM do need credit for is the work that went into putting together the review into junior football in the region - encompassing all the leagues, with all leagues having input to this process. Although not flawless - the draft had many valid suggestions - one was to bring in the cap on squad numbers such is already in place in the SDJFL. I have heard some country clubs are not totally in agreement with this as it does not allow/acknowledge the transient nature of rural communities throughout the season and therefore would need some provision to address this - it would certainly prevent the town based clubs running with lists of 30-40 kids - as is now the case with at least a few MFL clubs - how do kids benefit or stay engaged by sitting on the sideline watching other older or often just more skilled players run around getting all the game time. How much do they enjoy seeing their mates receive a premiership medal and although part of the team - trained all year and played with the same kids for years - merely be part of the crowd at the big dance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL GM and Martin Gleeson have certainly done a lot poorly with this issue with PDFL - why they are accepting to 'negotiate' with the likes of the MFL about affiliation excluding administration and not with others is interesting to say the least. Conversely PDFL appear to have been lax in progressing the issue prior to the deadlines??

But one thing AFL GM do need credit for is the work that went into putting together the review into junior football in the region - encompassing all the leagues, with all leagues having input to this process. Although not flawless - the draft had many valid suggestions - one was to bring in the cap on squad numbers such is already in place in the SDJFL. I have heard some country clubs are not totally in agreement with this as it does not allow/acknowledge the transient nature of rural communities throughout the season and therefore would need some provision to address this - it would certainly prevent the town based clubs running with lists of 30-40 kids - as is now the case with at least a few MFL clubs - how do kids benefit or stay engaged by sitting on the sideline watching other older or often just more skilled players run around getting all the game time. How much do they enjoy seeing their mates receive a premiership medal and although part of the team - trained all year and played with the same kids for years - merely be part of the crowd at the big dance?
my understanding is that the junior review did not take into consideration what the specific sub committee suggested and has left a sour taste in many people's mouth. Furthermore, the capping of players in March serves no purpose other than to try to break up families which country footy is based upon. A family is not going to travel from echuca to mul on a Saturday and then turn around and travel to Shepp on a Sunday because their two boys can't play at the same club. 1 club each year wins a flag and football is a whole lot more than a 4ths premiership medal. Incidentally I'd think many clubs would get a medal for kid if they have trained all year and not made the final side.
It has also done nothing to prevent junior players swapping because of the varied age groups which most thought was suppose to be one of the outcomes.

Last edited:

Nah, Gleeson is the head of AFLGM Dale Norman from MFL states he had not been given a deadline, Gleeson carried on about how important it was to have it by a certain date when it came to the pdfnl. So the slack admin is on him. One thing Ive noticed timelines are always used by AFL when trying to lay down the law and blame someone else. This time it’s definately bull.

On juniors, good lord please don’t try controlling where parents choose to have their kids play. I’ve been one of those parents who split my kids due to numbers I admit now it was a stupid decision. The day isn’t just about the game time the kid gets there are many social factors which in many cases are more important.
The best thing AFLGM could do and I doubt it would happen is just encourage goodwill between leagues and clubs. That’s it, leave decisions to the kids and parents as messing with freedoms is a slippery slope topeople getting jack of rules and being told what to do.

Rushy has apparently picked up a 205 cm ruckman he’s a Torres Strait Islander And has been playing for Waratahs up north and can play good stuff rushy !!

On the other side to that swoop, see u guys have lost pettigrove.. massive loss for the wombats..
Yes the gun b+f has decided not to make the trip from Melbourne due to heavy work commitments Lancy will miss him big time he will join a long list of departures this year So far there outs out weigh their ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back