Kyabram DFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he’s going to Stanhope Normo?
Just normo stirring dids :rolleyes::rolleyes: Just while on normo he is leaving his Ky job and will be working in Stanhope as from Monday he just can’t get close enough to his beloved mainland good luck to him the guy is a very dedicated club person

Last edited:

Does anyone know why Rattray left Yea and returned to Nagambie this year?
Pretty sure the great man posted his reasons on here at the time, along the lines of them not going to play finals, so was in the best interests of him(wanting to play finals) and the Club (save coin) to part ways

Pretty sure the great man posted his reasons on here at the time, along the lines of them not going to play finals, so was in the best interests of him(wanting to play finals) and the Club (save coin) to part ways
Worked out to be the right call hank Another premiership under his belt

I used to do deliveries in Yea and asked a couple of ppl the same thing, got pretty much the same answer, and it wasn't exactly as cut and dry as all that.Out of respect for the guy, who ive known all his life, i won't elaborate.

I think his reputation as one of the guns in the comp over the last 10 years is justified. Most key forwards do the bulk of their scoreboard damage against the bottom clubs.
He’s always been a player to plan for when playing Nagambie or Avenel..
He was certainly capable of some absolute shockers some days, when he was more interested in giving team mates a spray than getting a kick! But that’s the life of a key forward with a ego.. which of course is the vast majority!! Geez I might have also given Mitchell a backhander there by accident :D
Also quite happy to slander people on here that he has never met; people who have never asked for anything from the game, just put their own time in. Some of these ego driven people might find it hard to celebrate "their" success when the clubs no longer exist to hold re-unions.

W
Also quite happy to slander people on here that he has never met; people who have never asked for anything from the game, just put their own time in. Some of these ego driven people might find it hard to celebrate "their" success when the clubs no longer exist to hold re-unions.
who you talking about woody?

I think most clubs that the big red has played in will be around for a while woody.. I wouldn't of thought he has a big ego at all.. played at clubs for unders considering what other big forwards get these days..

I think most clubs that the big red has played in will be around for a while woody.. I wouldn't of thought he has a big ego at all.. played at clubs for unders considering what other big forwards get these days..
Here here normo !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players asking for more money doesn't fold clubs.
A lack of volunteers due to increasing workload/ loss of interest, despite what some say is the most common demise of a club.
Clubs can easily say NO to a players financial request and those with plenty of volunteers , who can source a similar player for less do exactly that.

What would you consider unders normo?

Put it this way Mitch I know what he was on and is on and for a bloke who kicked a ton he was very bloody cheap.. considering most full forwards demand 700+ at least..
That’s fair enough Jas.
But blokes on here taking faceless pot shots at Lanky supposedly “Not Paying” people back then with sly remarks is misinformed. I know that the guys I played with sacrificed $ for the chance to play in premierships, unfortunately in my time it didn’t work that way but I don’t regret personally being “overpaid” at $200 a week chasing team glory!
Those foundations had been set up by the previous generation of players who wanted the club to flourish. If that has changed out there now that’s unfortunate

Cmon Lion71, no one got paid at Lancy back then, still the same now even though teenagers are getting $400+ to head out there ;)

Yeah, I second that I’d kill to be at 17-20 year old with a bit of coordination. But I’m sh!t, the amount of money getting thrown around is ridiculous lanky isn’t the only ones doing it, but I’ll back up hank I know quite a few young players are there. Who are on good money for only previously playing GV seconds

Righto hank, when you called me up to play at Tonny, was I all about the money????
No dig at you Mitch, just the perception that Lancy still tries to portray is now a long way from the truth, and I’m not saying other clubs aren’t like that, the vast majority are and have to to compete, just the status quo of your time that Lancy Pay **** all is now long gone

Having that core group of players who have played good gv senior games compared to being a seconds player is the difference between being thereabouts or just making up the numbers if you ask me. I totally understand guys going to Kdl because they want to play seniors, just put your hand out for coin once you have proven yourself.

Having that core group of players who have played good gv senior games compared to being a seconds player is the difference between being thereabouts or just making up the numbers if you ask me. I totally understand guys going to Kdl because they want to play seniors, just put your hand out for coin once you have proven yourself.
It's same old story tho Mitch.. yes back in those days it was slot easier to keep your locals as the money wasn't offered out and the kids played for bugger all.. as Stanhope had a incredible run in the 3rds over a long period of time and a lot of those local kids such as, comer, Harrison x4, auld x2, trist, mason, haw x2, rowlands, stuck with the club for a long period of time with plenty of success.. but these days kids coming out of 3rds think they are a lot better than what they bloody are.. yes the clubs are to blame for offering $$$.. but that's were clubs are at with not a lot of local talent to get them the ultimate glory..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back