Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh wowee !!....get around him !!, sounds like we've got another Eddie Sheilds or Rohan Aldous in our midst !!! . Settle down champ, everyone has to get it done on park on the day.....with a little obstacle known as "opposition " 🖒

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

pre season update

Cal Thompson played against some opposition last night kicked 3 and had plenty of ball in the midfield. Really expecting big things from him this year and he gains some respect

pre season update

Cal Thompson played against some opposition last night kicked 3 and had plenty of ball in the midfield. Really expecting big things from him this year and he gains some respect
Pre season hit outs count for absolutely zero imo. And the opposition was who ? Who is this potential jet trotting out for btw ?..And respect is earned, not gained.

Ah ok. Well, with all due respect to Yea and the comp they're in, not knowing the strength of either, id be reserving my judgment on just how good Avenel's scoring prowess and midfield connection will be. ......when they come up against the team thats...well imo....have been the yardstick of the KDFL for the last 10 years in Nagambie 🖒

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t see the point in waiting until round 1 to judge Avenel, I was only commenting on what I saw that day? I figured some would be interested in how they looked coming from a natural observer.

I stated that if sides (including Nagambie) allow that connection Avenel will score heavily. If sides stop that then it’s going to be a much tighter contest.

Don’t see the point in waiting until round 1 to judge Avenel, I was only commenting on what I saw that day? I figured some would be interested in how they looked coming from a natural observer.

I stated that if sides (including Nagambie) allow that connection Avenel will score heavily. If sides stop that then it’s going to be a much tighter contest.
How did young Jack Myers go? Heard he is in ripping shape leading in to this season

Well the point of waiting until round 1 is because that's the competition that ur trying to succeed in !!!...the only way to see exactly where ur at is measure urselves against the best. Looking like a million dollars against Yea means nothing because when u come up against a benchmark team like Nagambie or other teams like them where the players are so predictable to one another, u might find instead of looking like a million dollars, u owe $500,000

My comment was never to predict Avenel to win the flag or even win round 1. Was just saying how they looked on Saturday against Yea.

Myers looked good and he connected well with the forwards probably needs team mates to bring him into the game more with hands when his on the outside.
That’s my judgment of him Saturday against Yea not a judgement held for a few weeks vs Nagambie which will be a different test for the kid.

And that's the only test that matters, all of the rest is simply training.
My comment was never to predict Avenel to win the flag or even win round 1. Was just saying how they looked on Saturday against Yea.

Myers looked good and he connected well with the forwards probably needs team mates to bring him into the game more with hands when his on the outside.
That’s my judgment of him Saturday against Yea not a judgement held for a few weeks vs Nagambie which will be a different test for the kid.

So you're declaring that if they can beat Nagambie they are home and hosed? The Violet Towns, Murchisons and Lancaster's of the world aren't capable of Winning the Flag?
Never said anything of the kind. To suggest that if u beat a quality opponent in round 1 that ur a shoe in for the flag is almost as ridiculous as the statement u made to suggest it !!! . And with all due respect to brownsnake i understand he can only comment on what is presented in front of him. Im simply suggesting that ppl not get carried away with pre season form as these days it generally a 6 qtr mixed format with multiple key players missing. And while imo Nagambie remain the benchmark, the other teams u mentioned are quite often there at the pointy end and are deserving of just as much respect. ......as are the Swans 🖒

Never said anything of the kind. To suggest that if u beat a quality opponent in round 1 that ur a shoe in for the flag is almost as ridiculous as the statement u made to suggest it !!! . And with all due respect to brownsnake i understand he can only comment on what is presented in front of him. Im simply suggesting that ppl not get carried away with pre season form as these days it generally a 6 qtr mixed format with multiple key players missing. And while imo Nagambie remain the benchmark, the other teams u mentioned are quite often there at the pointy end and are deserving of just as much respect. ......as are the Swans 🖒

Avenel are surley due this year

Ressies probably should've been there too, undefeated during the home and away top of the ladder only to exit in straight sets. Bloody Merrigum and Tally !!!....they thrived on the September grass

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back