Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Any further development of what was posted on here the other day re: the melee in the Ardmona v Longwood 2nds ?...and the suggestion that fans jumped the fence to get involved ?. It would be instances like this that would jeopardize any proposed merger.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Two points... probably agree with a fair bit of what’s being said but regardless of what’s going on in the Senior grades, Ardy and Longwood have both fielded U18s and U12s. There’s only 7 or 8 sides that have done that. So kudos there at least. Doesn’t guarantee their future but they’re having a crack at least. Particularly Longwood who I know have had difficulty with juniors in the past given their proximity to Nagambie, Euroa, Seymour and the like.

A split league would make for less floggings and the Premier div would be a great competition, but I could imagine if you’re in the bottom 2 of the premier comp, it would be really hard to retain a list when the following year you’re going to have easy wins a lot of the times and have your cap reduced.

Depending on how it was split, there would only be 2-3 teams who would be any chance of winning the bottom division. It wouldn’t be much fun. Might be the same in the top tier but would at least be more competitive.

It’s a bit rough having a go at these clubs. They are both having a crack at fielding as many teams as possible.

While their community cares and committees have a plan forward, I think they should be supported in their endeavours.

I can’t see a merger working for either club or their neighbours.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good supportive comments GrassKat. We need to remember as you said there are community people doing their best to keep their club going. Explore all options to keep your club going.
Sometimes it takes someone from the outside to tell you when enough is enough.
But let’s ensure our posts aren’t personal. Be kind in our opinions.
We can say we don’t like something in a respectful way. I’m not confident of either club’s future but I admire their passion.
I think the next time the league makes a call from the outside to end the pain, they might dot all the “i”s.

Got me stuffed why anyone is supporting Ardmona win,
I used to idolise Crawford but what he did to longwood is an absolute joke. There is no way that side is 120 points better. Getting high end players just to get a win over a club who has worked tirelessly to keep a float.
good luck with your handouts and hope the doors shut sooner rather than later.
I thought Hooker had been playing already this year? As a 1 pointer he has clearly never played footy. Franchina is 40+ years old and has also played some games this year amidst Ardmona being belted by 20 goals.

Scanlon (also 40+ years old) must have been the only new player? I am assuming he is staying all year based upon chatter on the EDFL thread.

[/QUOTE]
Any further development of what was posted on here the other day re: the melee in the Ardmona v Longwood 2nds ?...and the suggestion that fans jumped the fence to get involved ?. It would be instances like this that would jeopardize any proposed merger.

It certainly wasn’t a good look just before 3 quarter time a mallee broke out in the centre of the ground when a couple of longwood haters jumped fence ran to the fracus and joined in then sprinted off
It is a bit surprising how bad Rushworth are going but if they get a few back eg- including Daniel Harris who carved up the week before they should salute.
Harris head to head with Scanlon 😳

Interesting article about the Murchison-Toolamba merger in 1952, found while looking for information for our Legends Match this weekend.

The article speaks of the Seniors playing at Murchison and the Reserves at Toolamba, modelling off the Stanhope-Girgarre arrangement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short term fix for a struggling Ardmona but surely this isn’t good for the future ?
If an extra 5 or 6k jumps in the coffers it could help them next year! I will head along to that one they can have my $10ner plus a few tin Sales.

With the growth occurring in Mooroopna there is a real opportunity for a club such as Ardmona to continue to be viable.

In my opinion the Bush Cats need to work in closely with their GV counterparts as was attempted back in 2008 and play their games in Mooroopna.

By decommissioning the Ardmona Rec Reserve, Ardmona’s facilities require updating anyway, and a push to get a facility built at Mooroopna as a base for the Bush Cats. Such a facility would continue to elevate the standing of the Mooroopna Main Oval. Bonus for GV as the visiting teams could use the new Ardmona facilities.

Fixturing in such a way that there is a “Cats” game in Mooroopna each week. I’m not aware of the strength of lighting on the John Gray Oval, as it would be needed for a training base.

There’d need to be cooperation from the Mooroopna FNC, but in time it could be an alliance that is mutually beneficial to the wider community.

Often we speak of declining numbers, it up to the clubs to think about where there player catchment area is.

If an extra 5 or 6k jumps in the coffers it could help them next year! I will head along to that one they can have my $10ner plus a few tin Sales.

[/QUOTEjamason Daniels to Nagambie the wang rovers ass coach and former tatura senior coach not to mention his premiership stint at the Shepp swans winning bog honours Will edge them into clear favourites if they weren’t already

Last edited:
With the growth occurring in Mooroopna there is a real opportunity for a club such as Ardmona to continue to be viable.

In my opinion the Bush Cats need to work in closely with their GV counterparts as was attempted back in 2008 and play their games in Mooroopna.

By decommissioning the Ardmona Rec Reserve, Ardmona’s facilities require updating anyway, and a push to get a facility built at Mooroopna as a base for the Bush Cats. Such a facility would continue to elevate the standing of the Mooroopna Main Oval. Bonus for GV as the visiting teams could use the new Ardmona facilities.

Fixturing in such a way that there is a “Cats” game in Mooroopna each week. I’m not aware of the strength of lighting on the John Gray Oval, as it would be needed for a training base.

There’d need to be cooperation from the Mooroopna FNC, but in time it could be an alliance that is mutually beneficial to the wider community.

Often we speak of declining numbers, it up to the clubs to think about where there player catchment area is.

Great post

With all due respect swoop they weren't imo. Avenel have seen off all the proposed contenders in the early part of the year but granted, flags are not won in the autumn or winter . Avenels depth is also slightly better with the magoos having a good year, from what I've seen there would be several blokes that could come up and play a role if required.

Too much time on your hands grasskat !!! . Well thought out post tho 🖒

With all due respect swoop they weren't imo. Avenel have seen off all the proposed contenders in the early part of the year but granted, flags are not won in the autumn or winter . Avenels depth is also slightly better with the magoos having a good year, from what I've seen there would be several blokes that could come up and play a role if required.

At this stage lion it’s looking like the 2 southern sides in Avenal and Nagambie are the ones to beat Just on Daniels mate he’s like icing on the cake for Nagaz a bit controversial but can play !!

At this stage lion it’s looking like the 2 southern sides in Avenal and Nagambie are the ones to beat Just on Daniels mate he’s like icing on the cake for Nagaz a bit controversial but can play !!

whats the issue around Daniels? Seems to have had a bit of a fall from grace for him from Tatura coach, job at Gold Coast...why has this happened

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back