Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Ultra that’s the fella. Agree he won’t win it but will accumulate votes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Disagree bootz
Gig have had a poor season
Won't get get alot of votes
The winner might not come from the top sides
Usually unbeaten sides get lots of different voe getters

They were far from a force but they were 25 to 30 goals a week stronger.
Yep but still had a 132 point avg losing margin ( lm taking out the win they paid for), it would be interesting to see financially where they are at, COVID hasn’t helped any club especially with fundraising.
It must be getting harder and harder every day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep but still had a 132 point avg losing margin ( lm taking out the win they paid for), it would be interesting to see financially where they are at, COVID hasn’t helped any club especially with fundraising.
It must be getting harder and harder every day.
Yer I could be wrong but they didn't seem to do alot to cash in with Crawford there.

In fairness covid has severely diluted their ability to launch off the back of Crawford joining them .
Not sure that’s entirely the problem. Earlier in the year when we played them, Plugger said at the half time lunch, Crawford was coming up for training Tuesday and Thursday and people from Shepp weren’t even bothering to make the trip over to come and train. There’s only so much you can do. Lead a horse to water.

But probably could’ve done more events and the like as many here have pointed out.

Agree with you 100 percent. Had a great opportunity to capitalize on Crawford's appointment.
A Sunday game would have pulled a good crowd I'm sure & even with Ardmona having a small supporter base they could have teamed up with another organisation to draw a big Crowd for a Sportsmans Night they put on. Given the other organisation x amount per ticket to help build the Crowd and had them on hand to boost bar, Raffle & Auction takings. Those two things alone could have paid 70 to 80% of the next Coaches Salary if they had gone well.

As a ex premership player president and coach at ardmona. Very disappointing to hear. Very sad.
If that is the end, at least the club made it to 100 Years, hopefully you can give the club a great send off with one last hoorah (like Devenish, when Tungamah wore their old jumpers a few years ago & they really gave the club a great send off), or do what Dookie CC did and use the remainder of their funds for one giant piss up.

Sadly, there will be a few other clubs that could go to the wall because of COVID-19, the number of footballers for both Avenel & Longwood is a big concern, especially if they can't get players from Melbourne, so you'd wonder what'll happen there.

A Sunday game would have pulled a good crowd I'm sure & even with Ardmona having a small supporter base they could have teamed up with another organisation to draw a big Crowd for a Sportsmans Night they put on. Given the other organisation x amount per ticket to help build the Crowd and had them on hand to boost bar, Raffle & Auction takings. Those two things alone could have paid 70 to 80% of the next Coaches Salary if they had gone well.

Especially during the Olympics when Steve Hooker was available. Australia hasn't won many medals in athletics and he would've been a good guest to have during the Tokyo Olympics, because of what he did in Beijing & London.

And, it would be a different type of guest as well, because he was the best in the world in a sport that every nation competes in.

As a ex premership player president and coach at ardmona. Very disappointing to hear. Very sad.

Sadly some very poor timing for Ardmona. There were things outside of their control that impacted on their plans to improve. This coupled with not being able to retain recruits such as Scanlon and then the bulk of the A Grade netball team quitting has many wondering what their way forward from here is.

At the end of the day, for a club to survive a community must care and contribute. They really needed all former players (premiership or not), coaches and presidents to show that the club has a future by enacting some significant, long lasting change.

I feel that Ardmona could resurge with the right plan. Mooroopna is currently experiencing some rapid growth and there’s a real opportunity to capitalise on that, but it will take some willingness to adjust to realise such a vision.

For what it’s worth they do need to physically move into Mooroopna. Not just for the people, but because when the fabled bypass goes through the Ardmona ground will be on the opposite side of the road (Excelsior Avenue). Make some real connections with the community and do the ground work to get aligned with Mooroopna Cats.

Minor league clubs that are within major centres seem to do well, consider community level teams in Bendigo for example.

Last edited:
Sadly some very poor timing for Ardmona. There were things outside of their control that impacted on their plans to improve. This coupled with not being able to retain recruits such as Scanlon and then the bulk of the A Grade netball team quitting has many wondering what their way forward from here is.

At the end of the day, for a club to survive a community must care and contribute. They really needed all former players (premiership or not), coaches and presidents to show that the club has a future by enacting some significant, long lasting change.

I feel that Ardmona could resurge with the right plan. Mooroopna is currently experiencing some rapid growth and there’s a real opportunity to capitalise on that, but it will take some willingness to adjust to realise such a vision.

For what it’s worth they do need to physically move into Mooroopna. Not just for the people, but because when the fabled bypass goes through the Ardmona ground will be on the opposite side of the road (Excelsior Avenue). Make some real connections with the community and do the ground work to get aligned with Mooroopna Cats.

Minor league clubs that are within major centres seem to do well, consider community level teams in Bendigo for example.

I’m hearing Kat at last night’s presidents meeting the 11th of September has been set for a possible re start With a final 6 ??? O well no harm in dreaming
Ps if this happens the granny won’t be at mooroopna

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back