Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a club in Gippsland area some years ago who played a number of players under the one name over the year at one stage on league B&F night it looked like that player might win
Could have being interesting outcome
Oh geez! Wouldn't have been a good outcome. Would've been pretty comical though. I am assuming this was in the twos?

Was a club in Gippsland area some years ago who played a number of players under the one name over the year at one stage on league B&F night it looked like that player might win
Could have being interesting outcome

An undercover Cop in Country WA played for a Club in the Seniors under one of the trainers names. Played 7 games. Pulled 6 best on grounds and a 2nd to win the League Medal.
It took some explaining

Why do clubs go after him? 39 unfit, only can kick goals if the ball gets there, he's had a couple of great years of footy in the country probably a decade ago, seems like a lot of money if the ball doesn't get there

Not one bit….an absolute stain of a bloke and clubs should know better than to have anything to do with him

Why do clubs go after him? 39 unfit, only can kick goals if the ball gets there, he's had a couple of great years of footy in the country probably a decade ago, seems like a lot of money if the ball doesn't get there

Not to mention the risk that he just ups and leaves with tbe cash he gets upfront

How can clubs not know or care about this

Those appointing the Coach are quality people who care about the Club and I can understand and support why they've made the appointment. I believe they did some homework and while some of that I understand was mixed feedback he did get some strong endorsements along the way. He presented well by all reports was really keen to do the job and is a Premiership Coach at a higher level than we play in. He also Kicked 51 goals in 10 games this year in a Comp stronger than ours as well and has a sustained record of kicking goals. We've played in one Elimination Final since the mid 90's so if we can add in an 80 goal plus forward with some good contacts including a Non Playing Assistant who looks like he will be good value for us then I think we can finish a couple of spots higher than what we did this year and we may finally even play finals again.

Those appointing the Coach are quality people who care about the Club and I can understand and support why they've made the appointment. I believe they did some homework and while some of that I understand was mixed feedback he did get some strong endorsements along the way. He presented well by all reports was really keen to do the job and is a Premiership Coach at a higher level than we play in. He also Kicked 51 goals in 10 games this year in a Comp stronger than ours as well and has a sustained record of kicking goals. We've played in one Elimination Final since the mid 90's so if we can add in an 80 goal plus forward with some good contacts including a Non Playing Assistant who looks like he will be good value for us then I think we can finish a couple of spots higher than what we did this year and we may finally even play finals again.
And you lost your best player to Kyabram so you need to replace him also. Where abouts is Cupido going recruits players from ?

Welcome to bf roo town !! Obviously a gig person and so was I for 6 years and still have some great memories from my time there I agree that cupido with some handy players up the ground would be capable of bagging 80 to 100 goals at Kdl level I just hope the acquired home work was done on other going’s on in his life Any way good luck with the appointment just hope he does the right thing by the club

Welcome to bf roo town !! Obviously a gig person and so was I for 6 years and still have some great memories from my time there I agree that cupido with some handy players up the ground would be capable of bagging 80 to 100 goals at Kdl level I just hope the acquired home work was done on other going’s on in his life Any way good luck with the appointment just hope he does the right thing by the club
What 'goings on' Swoop? Climate change denier?

This is a throwback appointment, you can't win a flag or any real success by doing this. What happens after he leaves after a year, which is highly likely, more players leave and you're in a worse position in 12 months time.

This is a throwback appointment, you can't win a flag or any real success by doing this. What happens after he leaves after a year, which is highly likely, more players leave and you're in a worse position in 12 months time.
Only guy to Coach Rumbalara to a Premiership in the Murray League and they backed it up with a Finals appearance the Season after so the possibility to have success or too build closer to success in his time is possible. You seem to operate from the cheap seats!

And you lost your best player to Kyabram so you need to replace him also. Where abouts is Cupido going recruits players from ?
There will be a turnover of players as there is most years and most Clubs. Barnes will be a loss but we had a few other players that travelled that didn't deliver near to the level we hoped so the potential to get a better list overall is quite possible. Having a prolific goal kicker is a good start quite often we had lots of the play against the better teams but weren't strong enough up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There will be a turnover of players as there is most years and most Clubs. Barnes will be a loss but we had a few other players that travelled that didn't deliver near to the level we hoped so the potential to get a better list overall is quite possible. Having a prolific goal kicker is a good start quite often we had lots of the play against the better teams but weren't strong enough up forward.

With Barnes gone I wonder if mellington will stay? Been unlucky with his injuries but a Top player when healthy

Have a look at his record, it speaks for itself. He should have been a 200 game AFL player.

I'm sorry I disagree wholeheartedly bringing in Damien cupido to coach is not going to bring sustainable finals appearances for gigarre in the future. I'll be happy to be proven incorrect, but history says its very unlikely.

Only guy to Coach Rumbalara to a Premiership in the Murray League and they backed it up with a Finals appearance the Season after so the possibility to have success or too build closer to success in his time is possible. You seem to operate from the cheap seats!

Have a look at his record, it speaks for itself. He should have been a 200 game AFL player.

I'm sorry I disagree wholeheartedly bringing in Damien cupido to coach is not going to bring sustainable finals appearances for gigarre in the future. I'll be happy to be proven incorrect, but history says its very unlikely.
He's signed for 2 years which is the average Coaching stint in Country Footy these days I'd suggest. Can he get us to the Finals in that 2 year window and help us take the next step we think he can.

I don't think Trent operates from the cheap seats as he is a thoughtful contributor on multiple threads and I tend to agree with his sentiments with regard Cupido. That said, I respect your arguments to the contrary, and the thinking behind his appointment as the Rumbulara flag was a strong achievement. An interesting debate and hopefully Gigaree do well over the next two years and beyond.

Shepp East are looking to be big improvers next season with David Guilespie jumping back on board and picola medalist ricky frappell after a couple of years off also add Ryan Pfeitffer and Nathan Barolli and there are strong rumours that Matt Rendina andi former coach Dwain Viddler after being promised the United job might also be jumping on board after some turmoil going on at United .No doubt a very popular coaching appointment that of Ozzie Osbourne SE were never going to be down for long they are a proud club

Last edited:
Shepp East are looking to be big improvers next season with David Guilespie jumping back on board and picola medalist ricky frappell after a couple of years off also add Ryan Pfeitffer and Nathan Barolli and there are strong rumours that Matt Rendina andi former coach Dwain Viddler after being promised the United job might also be jumping on board after some turmoil going on at United .No doubt a very popular coaching appointment that of Ozzie Osbourne SE were never going to be down for long they are a proud club
If they can retain the list then they will be in a great spot but I am hearing a few other clubs are trying to poach some from the nest.
The problem for clubs like Gig Dookie and East is they will need to be 4/8 goals better off as the top 6 this year we’re that far in front of the challenging pack.

I can’t see the top 6 dropping to far off the pace so there could be 10 teams all genuinely fighting for top 6 spots.

If they can retain the list then they will be in a great spot but I am hearing a few other clubs are trying to poach some from the nest.
The problem for clubs like Gig Dookie and East is they will need to be 4/8 goals better off as the top 6 this year we’re that far in front of the challenging pack.

I can’t see the top 6 dropping to far off the pace so there could be 10 teams all genuinely fighting for top 6 spots.
10 genuine contenders fighting for 6 spots. Perfect. 😁

looking at results Dookie beat merrigum so would you say the top 5 are ahead? Although merrigum did beat avenal! Either way exciting if you have an even comp!

looking at results Dookie beat merrigum so would you say the top 5 are ahead? Although merrigum did beat avenal! Either way exciting if you have an even comp!
Missing 7 of our best that day for various reasons, wet as a shag on a Gum premiership reunion day and didn’t kick a goal in the first half, to then only go down by 2 kicks. In saying that Boxys boys had our measure and we underestimated them. Always a bogie side for us the doggies. Still confident we were proper contenders leaving the kennel that day. Shame we didn’t get a crack at the wombats, one we always look forward too.

Remember Lancy defeated Nagambie by 6 goals. I think this game Daniels debuted or was his second game. He dominated in the first half yet still didn’t help considering the final margin. Both sides had players out. I truly believe that this season is one flag missed for the Wombats.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remember Lancy defeated Nagambie by 6 goals. I think this game Daniels debuted or was his second game. He dominated in the first half yet still didn’t help considering the final margin. Both sides had players out. I truly believe that this season is one flag missed for the Wombats.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I reckon Hank will be able to rattle off the members of the Lakers side that were missing that day. But you might be right Bootz, we will never know, until next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back