Kyabram DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Lancy had their measure the entire game, straight into the granny they go , and will most likely start favourites in 2 weeks IMO against Murch who have to beat SE and the lakers
Would not have thought murch would disappear this early very disappointing for them But well done SE
Ps mcklusky best ruckman in the league by a country mile

Would not have thought murch would disappear this early very disappointing for them But well done SE
Ps mcklusky best ruckman in the league by a country mile
Young fella can play, no doubt when coming up against shepp east he is the first bloke that is talked about in game plan & match ups

Shepp east v nagambie will be a good watch next week, think after watching today Shepp would have to be favs. Canā€™t see them knocking off Lancy tho.
Couple serious injuries coming out of the east camp Sunday, Morrison and Barolli both looking like season is probably done.
Also hearing the nagambie have their own long injury list. Should be a great game Saturday with a big crowd no doubt!
I thought all 3 games of footy were entertaining on Sunday, good hard contest in the 3rds! Only a point separating the reserves and the seniors was great to watch.

Onto another note, listening to the broadcast coverage yesterday, did I hear a slip of the tongue when a question was asked during the halftime show about the potential of back to back league medal winners being denied by a reprimand?

Obviously last year being Ryan Semmell & this year if my calculations are right would be Jye Formosa? I beleive he received a reprimand during the year Possibly against Merrigum? If so hugely unlucky for the little fella..... Credit where it's due, he's a genuine jet.....

Hopefully I'm reading into this abit tho & he's still a chance! šŸ¤žšŸ¾

Onto another note, listening to the broadcast coverage yesterday, did I hear a slip of the tongue when a question was asked during the halftime show about the potential of back to back league medal winners being denied by a reprimand?

Obviously last year being Ryan Semmell & this year if my calculations are right would be Jye Formosa? I beleive he received a reprimand during the year Possibly against Merrigum? If so hugely unlucky for the little fella..... Credit where it's due, he's a genuine jet.....

Heard the same interview Smooth. Pretty much stated the favourite (Formosa) was ineligible

Not sure if he received anything against us. There was a reasonable scuffle late but to my knowledge no cards were given and I wasnā€™t included in any emails about reports - not sure if I would get that info as footy manager though if he pled guilty to something.

Not sure if he received anything against us. There was a reasonable scuffle late but to my knowledge no cards were given and I wasnā€™t included in any emails about reports - not sure if I would get that info as footy manager though if he pled guilty to something.
Honestly I can't remember who it was against but I did hear throughout the year he was involved in an incident where a reprimand was given? Believe me I hope I'm wrong & he's still eligible because he'd be a worthy recipient..... šŸ‘šŸ¾

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is almost that time of the year! The battle for bestā€¦. Who will it be. I am going to make my predictions:

SENIORS:
1. Adam Fichera šŸ…
2. Tom McCluskey & Zac Cerrone
3. Jye Formosa INELIGIBLE āŒšŸ™…šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸš«
4. Baz Formosa
5. Dan Clarke
šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

RESERVES:
1. Riley Oā€™Neill & Ryan Lambert šŸ…

THIRDS:
1. Harry Shiner šŸ…

Obviously wild guesses here but also I am taking into account some of the games I attended and who I judged best! No matter who wins they will be deserving!

It is almost that time of the year! The battle for bestā€¦. Who will it be. I am going to make my predictions:

SENIORS:
1. Adam Fichera šŸ…
2. Tom McCluskey & Zac Cerrone
3. Jye Formosa INELIGIBLE āŒšŸ™…šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸš«
4. Baz Formosa
5. Dan Clarke
šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

RESERVES:
1. Riley Oā€™Neill & Ryan Lambert šŸ…

THIRDS:
1. Harry Shiner šŸ…

Obviously wild guesses here but also I am taking into account some of the games I attended and who I judged best! No matter who wins they will be deserving!
SENIORS:
1. Jye Formosa (Longwood)
2. William Dalton (Nagambie)
3. Adam Fichera (Shepp East)
4. Braydon Avola (Avenel)
5. Tom McClusky (Shepp East)

RESERVES:
Riley Oā€™Neill (Lanc) Would like to know why he doesnā€™t play seniors

U18:
Luke Carroll (Undera)

If you speak to anyone from Broadford, they are 100% certain they are in. I wonder if the vote has been undertaken yet?
They've formally applied but hasn't been any correspondence from the league about next steps, they were going to coordinate a meeting of all clubs with Broadford to present prior to holding a SGM. I think the outcome of the vote might be very dependent on how many clubs leave the KDL. I dare say a lot more will come to fruition following the Picola Grand Finals as I think that new comp is awaiting being able to discuss with those clubs after their season finishes.

Was wondering any news in relation to Broadford entering the comp for 2024?
Theyā€™ve met with some KD clubs. I donā€™t believe a formal application has been put forward though. And that vote from our clubs wonā€™t take place until AGM I believe or a special general meeting.

Broadfordā€™s committee and members need to all have a vote first on their preferences before they submit their application to join a league.

Iā€™ll struggle to see them being approved in KD as a gut feel.

They mightā€™ve put a formal application in as Carlton86 said. But our clubs certainly havenā€™t voted and last league meeting it was all up in the air but there was a lengthy chat about it.

Itā€™s all very difficult not knowing if this second Murray league is happening and if it is whether 0/1/2/3/4 clubs leave KD.

They mightā€™ve put a formal application in as Carlton86 said. But our clubs certainly havenā€™t voted and last league meeting it was all up in the air but there was a lengthy chat about it.

Itā€™s all very difficult not knowing if this second Murray league is happening and if it is whether 0/1/2/3/4 clubs leave KD.
Yeah Fraser Confirmed at one of the finals they have formally applied.

Seniors - Nagambie vs shepp east a huge match up,
Key match up is McCluskey vs Moore in the ruck, game will be won there.
Nagambie good inclusions with Wilson (?) and lusted, however will lose Asquith through injury.
Shepp east will most likely lose Barolli & Morrison but will they bring in Gillespie from the twos who has played plenty of senior footy. Nagambie may prove to be too quick outside the contest thatā€™s why Iā€™m tipping them.

Reserves - Avenel vs Murchison is a ripper game, Avenel have a chip of their shoulder from the finals game last year, if they can win the footy out of the middle it will go a long way to winning the game. Murch had more experience and I see that winning them the game.

Nagambie vs Murchison
Nagambie have the runs on the board thatā€™s why they get my tip. Havenā€™t seen much thirds this season

Canā€™t wait to see the results in all games

Seniors - Nagambie vs shepp east a huge match up,
Key match up is McCluskey vs Moore in the ruck, game will be won there.
Nagambie good inclusions with Wilson (?) and lusted, however will lose Asquith through injury.
Shepp east will most likely lose Barolli & Morrison but will they bring in Gillespie from the twos who has played plenty of senior footy. Nagambie may prove to be too quick outside the contest thatā€™s why Iā€™m tipping them.

Reserves - Avenel vs Murchison is a ripper game, Avenel have a chip of their shoulder from the finals game last year, if they can win the footy out of the middle it will go a long way to winning the game. Murch had more experience and I see that winning them the game.

Nagambie vs Murchison
Nagambie have the runs on the board thatā€™s why they get my tip. Havenā€™t seen much thirds this season

Canā€™t wait to see the results in all games

It'd be a big call bringing in Dizzy, been playing fwd in the 2's & only played half the year? They will bring in Spencer so that'd help sure up a key defensive post! But Barolli is more the big midfielder type that I reckon is harder to replace for them! Will be interesting to see what they do?

Also see only McCluskey got an invite to the league presentation from East, no Fichera which is very surprising!

It'd be a big call bringing in Dizzy, been playing fwd in the 2's & only played half the year? They will bring in Spencer so that'd help sure up a key defensive post! But Barolli is more the big midfielder type that I reckon is harder to replace for them! Will be interesting to see what they do?

Also see only McCluskey got an invite to the league presentation from East, no Fichera which is very surprising!
Throw T Campbell back and bring in another forward? Unsure what they have in their twos to fill the void

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back