Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If concussion protocols didn't apply through the season then I'm pretty sure clubs won't abide by them during finals!! šŸ˜”
I believe local footy has the clause that if cleared by your local GP with written consent then you are free to play? I'm not sure if there was but I dare say if a player was concussed last week they'd definitely seek this option being that it's a grand final? Not saying whether it's right or wrong but I do believe that's in the rules? I could be wrong though with all the new rules changing weekly this year? šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤£

I believe local footy has the clause that if cleared by your local GP with written consent then you are free to play? I'm not sure if there was but I dare say if a player was concussed last week they'd definitely seek this option being that it's a grand final? Not saying whether it's right or wrong but I do believe that's in the rules? I could be wrong though with all the new rules changing weekly this year? šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤£
And one would hope that if the club trainers were fairly convinced that the player was concussed they would make it well known and that the player in question should not be available for selection.

Quick google search and this popped up on the AFL app.

In a landmark decision, all other Australian Football competitions at all ages (i.e. adult/open competitions and all junior competitions), will adopt a mandatory minimum 21-day return to play protocol. This new protocol will apply for State Football competitions (including the VFL and VFLW), elite pathway competitions (including the Coates Talent Leagues for boys and girls) and all community football competitions. The AFL will work with all Leagues and football bodies, including the Western Australian Football Commission and the South Australian National Football League, to encourage the universal adoption of this important benchmark position in our sport in all States and Territories.

Under the new community football guidelines, the earliest that a player suffering a concussion can return to play is on the 21st day post the concussion incident provided they get medical clearance.

Quick google search and this popped up on the AFL app.

In a landmark decision, all other Australian Football competitions at all ages (i.e. adult/open competitions and all junior competitions), will adopt a mandatory minimum 21-day return to play protocol. This new protocol will apply for State Football competitions (including the VFL and VFLW), elite pathway competitions (including the Coates Talent Leagues for boys and girls) and all community football competitions. The AFL will work with all Leagues and football bodies, including the Western Australian Football Commission and the South Australian National Football League, to encourage the universal adoption of this important benchmark position in our sport in all States and Territories.

Under the new community football guidelines, the earliest that a player suffering a concussion can return to play is on the 21st day post the concussion incident provided they get medical clearance.
And that's the current status Brownsnake?

Yes itā€™s current.

The problem isā€¦.who provides the diagnosis of concussion?
Well I'm thinking the trainers...not sure. The missus did some trainers work at Seymour and Castlemaine but she can't recall if they were trained to identify the symptoms. Maybe she has them !!!! šŸ¤£

I see tally have signed Jason Traianidis for 2025! 20 years since his led them to flag! I will be expecting them to recruit well in the off season again to push themselves back up to the top 4 and be in contention!

I see tally have signed Jason Traianidis for 2025! 20 years since his led them to flag! I will be expecting them to recruit well in the off season again to push themselves back up to the top 4 and be in contention!
No offence to them, but Clarkey will win their bnf and he won't be going around again, they will need 6-8 very good - excellent players to push their way into the top 4. They probably got abit lucky with the draw this season to make the top 6?

No offence to them, but Clarkey will win their bnf and he won't be going around again, they will need 6-8 very good - excellent players to push their way into the top 4. They probably got abit lucky with the draw this season to make the top 6?
I think D. Clarke will not only win it, but absolutely shit it in.
Guessing if he is leaving they might lose the relatives? Probably also in their top 5 players. TK been a warrior and a star but looked finished this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™m sure that as a club they would have had them conversations with themselves and appointing Jason is a fantastic move on their part. Proven coach with ability to recruit. Not saying that itā€™s automatically puts them into the top 2 next year but they definitely have the ability to close some of the gap between the top 3 and the rest of the comp.

Iā€™m sure we will se Stanhope be very active as well this off season, donā€™t see them missing finals to often so I will think they will go hard to get back into the mix.

Will be good to see more competition in the comp next year at the top end.

Iā€™m sure that as a club they would have had them conversations with themselves and appointing Jason is a fantastic move on their part. Proven coach with ability to recruit. Not saying that itā€™s automatically puts them into the top 2 next year but they definitely have the ability to close some of the gap between the top 3 and the rest of the comp.

Iā€™m sure we will se Stanhope be very active as well this off season, donā€™t see them missing finals to often so I will think they will go hard to get back into the mix.

Will be good to see more competition in the comp next year at the top end.

Some decent players coming back following the announcement of Trigs return.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rumour has it Trig to have a right hand man by his side. I know how much people on this thread love it when there is a rumour with no names so I will play along but give some clues: He is a 3x GVFL premiership player, 2x KDFL premiership player, 1x PDFNL premiership player.

Rumour has it Trig to have a right hand man by his side. I know how much people on this thread love it when there is a rumour with no names so I will play along but give some clues: He is a 3x GVFL premiership player, 2x KDFL premiership player, 1x PDFNL premiership player.
Sid ?

Chuck in a couple of Gvl cox medals( grand finals bog)and many club b+f s and oops a Mac medal And how ironic is it that these 2 players 20 years ago against Stanny at lancy put on the best individual display I have ever seen in country footy resulting in Tally coming from a impossible position to win the game what a win it was

Chuck in a couple of Gvl cox medals( grand finals bog)and many club b+f s and oops a Mac medal And how ironic is it that these 2 players 20 years ago against Stanny at lancy put on the best individual display I have ever seen in country footy resulting in Tally coming from a impossible position to win the game what a win it was
I left that game at half time...she was done and dusted...the drive back to Tabilk listening to 98.5...couldn't believe what I was hearing

Tyson announced today as assistant coach

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back