Kyabram District FL -Mark II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the grand final today, seemed a very scrappy match. First time i ever seen a KDFL match though so cant say to much, but even the metropolitan weaker leagues would win comfortably in my opinion.

i watched the VFA Div 3 grandfinal last weekend and i would put that on a par with the KDL!

i watched the VFA Div 3 grandfinal last weekend and i would put that on a par with the KDL!

If you are referring to Ormond completely different style of game. Ormond and Div 3 is a running ( very wide) game to space and move it quickly.
Footy flows and not to much slows it down. The KDL is more a man on man and has good passages of play but does bog down occassionally.

good chance in pre season to play Stanhope V Ormond and see where you sit. Would Robbins play a pre season game?

I would just like to say that yet again Ardmona has shown there true colours on Grand Final day. At three quarter time Perry Meka told his players not to go the ball and just go the HIT!! What an absolute disgrace. You reflect poorly on your club Perry and also on the league. I dont care how many goals or games you have played you are an absolute idiot on the playing field. When is the KDFL going to say enough is enough. In fact i dont believe the League has any balls to do anything about Ardmonas disgraceful behaviour. Does the rest of the KDFL want a team like Ardmona playing in the KDFL anymore? I would think not!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I must say Meka asked the right things from his players at 3/4 time but a few of them have watched one too many episodes of the underbelly and think they are the Goulburn Valley Maffia.

kdflfan said:
At three quarter time Perry Meka told his players not to go the ball and just go the HIT!!

Hmmm, who do we believe?

if you had of watch what happened champ adrian meka got hit after he marked it so he copped his own wack buddy....

stiff sh!t what happened to meka. 2 wrongs dont make a right, the thug was going for a k.o. whoever it may have been, as it turned out, it was #6 that was sucker-punched off the ball. i went to the game supporting ardy but after the 2nd half, i walked away shaking my head. i thought all the banter on here about ardy being a dirty side was just talk but on saturday they proved all the gossip on here right.

Well diddums - it's a grand final you are goin to do whatever to win the game and if you aren't going to win make them hurt.

Yeah thats fair enough, make them hurt. Going hard at the footy. But what happened on the week end was totally wrong.

Last check up, people die from being punch like that. And that is what it is going to take before the league wake up to them selves. It has become acceptable behavoir. Aaron James got away with his report due to the inconsistant evidence. The umpire said two punches where thrown and the victim who had pleaded guilty for fighting james said three punches where thrown. So he got of on that charge.

The question i ask everyone, how long should a player get if he king hits a player and kills him. I guarantee the leaugue will caught with egg on there face when they have been lettting it go for years.

Congrats to Stanhope for a fine season and enjoy the celbrations

I would just like to say that yet again Ardmona has shown there true colours on Grand Final day. At three quarter time Perry Meka told his players not to go the ball and just go the HIT!! What an absolute disgrace. You reflect poorly on your club Perry and also on the league. I dont care how many goals or games you have played you are an absolute idiot on the playing field. When is the KDFL going to say enough is enough. In fact i dont believe the League has any balls to do anything about Ardmonas disgraceful behaviour. Does the rest of the KDFL want a team like Ardmona playing in the KDFL anymore? I would think not!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

i agree 100% mate. couldn't have put it betta myself!

I have been away from the KDFL for 10 years, looks like nothing has changed!

Its a bit sad to see some former Merrigum faces amongst the stanhope victory. However from my experience Merrigums admin has bought it on themselves over the years :mad:

just watched the news, them youngs are ****,, and mark young has a gay hair cut,, shave it off.. but good to see ardy supporters didnt get into any fights.. :). I seen perry run form the goal square at one of the breaks right up to the wing, probably the most he ran all year, just for a fight.. and if #14 for ardy ever reads this how does it feel getting about 10 goals kicked on you every game against stanhope..? but well done to the bloke that played on him on saturday kept him to a quiet 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having seen the change at Broadford l would like to see the KDFL put some pressure on Ardmona and try and fix this continual problem , it seems that 90% of the KDFL problems concern Ardmona its not good enough

just watched the news, them youngs are ****,, and mark young has a gay hair cut,, shave it off.. but good to see ardy supporters didnt get into any fights.. :). I seen perry run form the goal square at one of the breaks right up to the wing, probably the most he ran all year, just for a fight.. and if #14 for ardy ever reads this how does it feel getting about 10 goals kicked on you every game against stanhope..? but well done to the bloke that played on him on saturday kept him to a quiet 9

i've got a feeling you'll be hearing from him soon. my question to him is what was the caper with the missing boot? :p

I dont see him much mate, my cousin is his missus. I dont know what started the fight I didnt even see it. Its probably just the Ardmona club culture, real nice quietly spoken lad away from them. Ardy has been like that since I was playing 10 years ago. The kdfl has that reputation now, its the swinging arms league. It actually goes further than that really its the whole G.valley. That part of Vic just seems on edge, go out in shepp and see how long until you get abused by someone and I guess it just flows out onto the field.

Stanhope Best And Fairest Results
Seniors:
1. Brenton Gray
2. Chris Sanders

Reserves:
1. Matt Stokes
2. Andrew Cooper

Under 18's
1. Ryan Patten
2. Joss Gentle

How old is Hooda Gray? CVF has him listed as 31, but I thought he would be older than that.

Played against Hooda in the 3rds back when Stanhope were in the HDFL so can confirm that 31 would be correct :thumbsu:

Time to set a few things straight.
For starters Meka never said that shit at 3 quarter time, he said that the 18 blokes on the field would be staying on the field for the last quarter because we were the ones that put us in that mess, he also berated the ones fighting and said why dont they go at the ball in the last with as much passion as they were whilst fighting.
As for the fight why dont you Mainland folk ask Chalky Auld who started it? im sure he knows. And whilst there ask who finished it.
Everyone knew Stanhope were the best side all year and duly showed it Saty, I thought the first quarter was fairly even and to a degree maybe the second after that it was all one way.
Deangelis did a good job on Snake but 9 goals was still an exceptional effort, Mansell was great, and thought Kouta was good to.
As for the last quarter shit im the first to say i didnt and dont condone what Formica did but im sure he will be made an example of at the tribunal.
Meka times 2 gave away some silly 50m penalties at the end which there was not much in, as did Kouta more out of frustration than anything else as he and Adrian have been brilliant all year in all areas of there footy.
So congrats to Patto and his crew hope to renew aquaintances next season.
As for all you ****en Ardy belters start singing a different tune for ****s sake!!!!! and happy golfing over the summer.

For starters Meka never said that shit at 3 quarter time, he said that the 18 blokes on the field would be staying on the field for the last quarter because we were the ones that put us in that mess, he also berated the ones fighting and said why dont they go at the ball in the last with as much passion as they were whilst fighting.
As for the fight why dont you Mainland folk ask Chalky Auld who started it? im sure he knows. And whilst there ask who finished it.
Everyone knew Stanhope were the best side all year and duly showed it Saty, I thought the first quarter was fairly even and to a degree maybe the second after that it was all one way.
Deangelis did a good job on Snake but 9 goals was still an exceptional effort, Mansell was great, and thought Kouta was good to.
As for the last quarter shit im the first to say i didnt and dont condone what Formica did but im sure he will be made an example of at the tribunal.
Meka times 2 gave away some silly 50m penalties at the end which there was not much in, as did Kouta more out of frustration than anything else as he and Adrian have been brilliant all year in all areas of there footy.
As for all you ****en Ardy belters start singing a different tune for ****s sake!!!!! and happy golfing over the summer.

Dont think the Stanhope boys are too worried about it at the moment, and they certainly haven't been on here whinging. All the comments on Big Footy are coming from elsewhere.

Dont really care what happened on the field on Saturday - i am more pissed off with Burnsy on 98.5 fm laughing when Formica lost the plot and saying it was all good fun. Burnsy is as weak as piss. At least JR had the guts to say on radio that it was a disgrace.

And yes....i will f*ck off now. Time to drag the SS out.

Well Perry.
Seeing as though you want to set a few things straight perhaps you can explain the riot you and your boys tried to start at the end of the first quarter against Lancaster in the first final at Stanhope...or the one at the end of the last quarter at the Undera game?

You see, you want the supporters and league to respect you, yet there is an issue involving your club almost every week.

Should I mention the spray you gave Greg Watson out the front of the rooms before the game at Stanhope because you weren't in the home rooms? Was that suppose to win you respect? There's a time and a place isn't there? I'm sure the women on the fence infront of you and the other members of the general public were quite impressed with your language and how you delivered it so emphatically.

And what exactly does 'number 9!! red jacket!!' mean anyway? You certainly had the Lanky blokes perplexed as you screamed it to your players while the fight dispersed. Was it a demand of your players to 'hurt' him? It certainly seemed that way.

Unfortunately for Lanky we still can't knock you guys off when it matters, but at least we have the respect of the other teams in our league and don't have to put up with the baiting of our players and coaches from over the fence because they just know we'll take it every time.

At the Undera game, The way your assistant coach came running off the bench mouthing off at Lancaster players and supporters when you'd just won your way through to a grand final, and the efforts of Lastline14 and his buds to try and start another fight after the final siren instead of just shaking hands and soaking up the win is just the sort of thing that will continue to drag your clubs name thru the mud.

Fix this sort of behaviour, stamp it out, and maybe people might have good things to say about the Ardmona football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back