Recommitted Kysaiah Pickett [Re-Signed till 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you did, wiped out 2 good draft hands for the most disappointing number 1 draft pick in his first since Paddy McCartin.
That's why I just replied with the childish emoji's.
You're that far off the mark it's not even worth talking about with you.

Wouldnā€™t count on Port being able to get a deal done, unless Geogiades ends up at West Coast for a first round pick and you send that pick (plus something else) to the Dees for Kozi

Minimum top ten pick plus a later first round pick (not matter which year it is in) would be the minimum going rare for a proven match and finals winner in Pickett.
One back end of the top ten pick would get it done for him.

I don't think every player in a premiership side is worth a top ten pick. I think Pickett out of contract would be moving for a very early second and Melbourne will be right to feel upset over it. Jordan Dawson is a higher impact player in my opinion and went for about that same price, just a touch more.

I don't think every player in a premiership side is worth a top ten pick. I think Pickett out of contract would be moving for a very early second and Melbourne will be right to feel upset over it. Jordan Dawson is a higher impact player in my opinion and went for about that same price, just a touch more.

Lol you serious ? Every other club including the Crows would take Pickett over Dawson.
It's a moot point at any rate, he either stays at the Dees or joins the Eagles, no other team/suitot has the trade capital to get a deal done with The Dees, Kozi seems to be loving life in Melbourne anyway, and The Dees have the cash to match any offer from rival/interstate clubs.

Lol you serious ? Every other club including the Crows would take Pickett over Dawson.
It's a moot point at any rate, he either stays at the Dees or joins the Eagles, no other team/suitot has the trade capital to get a deal done with The Dees, Kozi seems to be loving life in Melbourne anyway, and The Dees have the cash to match any offer from rival/interstate clubs.

Yes I'm serious. Fremantle could get Pickett out of contract for North Melbourne's 2nd round priority pick at the end of 2023.

Yes I'm serious. Fremantle could get Pickett out of contract for North Melbourne's 2nd round priority pick at the end of 2023.

If I am Melbourne, I would let Kozi walk into the PSD for nothing (presumably for nothing) than accept that pitiful and insulting offer.

If you threw in Serong along with your North 2nd round in 2023 pick, the Dees may talk turkey.

Kosi isn't the type of bloke who would screw The Dees over like that either.

If I am Melbourne, I would let Kozi walk into the PSD for nothing (presumably for nothing) than accept that pitiful and insulting offer.

If you threw in Serong along with your North 2nd round in 2023 pick, the Dees may talk turkey.

Kosi isn't the type of bloke who would screw The Dees over like that either.

Out of contract players don't get full value, just as Freo might find with Serong end of the year too - but I expect Serong will go for more than Pickett.

Not just because small forwards aren't worth as much as elite midfielders.

sorry mate, you've really dropped the ball on this one. An early 2nd for a guy that was taken at pick 12 and has become one of the best small forwards in the league? His value is around pick 5, at least. Out of contract, it's probably about 8-10. Early 2nd round is a joke. Jordan Dawson is a higher impact player? Pickett has kicked 81 goals in the last 2 seasons. That's elite for a forward pocket only 21 years old.

sorry mate, you've really dropped the ball on this one. An early 2nd for a guy that was taken at pick 12 and has become one of the best small forwards in the league? His value is around pick 5, at least. Out of contract, it's probably about 8-10. Early 2nd round is a joke. Jordan Dawson is a higher impact player? Pickett has kicked 81 goals in the last 2 seasons. That's elite for a forward pocket only 21 years old.

Can you find a first round draft pick small forward that has maintained their value in trade let alone increased it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you find a first round draft pick small forward that has maintained their value in trade let alone increased it?

Proven small forward match winners are rare as hens teeth, Brisbane gave up pick 12 for Charlie Cameron several years ago, and even then, he didn't have the same runs on the board as Kosi Pickett

Minimum top 10 pick with a later 1st round pick and or very early 2nd pick is about the correct currency for Pickett.

Talking about ā€˜not having the trade capitalā€™ to manage a trade in December is absolutely ridiculous.

Things change very quickly in this game.

Not if we are talking about Port Adelaide whom are rumoured to be one of Kosi's main suitors.

Not if we are talking about Port Adelaide whom are rumoured to be one of Kosi's main suitors.
You kept telling us we wouldnā€™t have the capital to get Dunkley, Gunston, Ashcroft, and Fletcher this year.

Players fall out of favour, unexpected trades happen, you can use two years of picks, player swaps become options, teams trade up/down to accrue points, and we donā€™t have a clue where Port / Melbourne will finish.

As I said saying a team doesnā€™t have enough capital in December is ludicrous. At least wait until August/September.

You kept telling us we wouldnā€™t have the capital to get Dunkley, Gunston, Ashcroft, and Fletcher this year.

Players fall out of favour, unexpected trades happen, you can use two years of picks, player swaps become options, teams trade up/down to accrue points, and we donā€™t have a clue where Port / Melbourne will finish.

As I said saying a team doesnā€™t have enough capital in December is ludicrous. At least wait until August/September.

Fair enough, all valid points you make.

I do hope he stays at the Dees though, think it's really unfair if they lose two A Grade young talents in consecutive seasons.

Rankine. went from pick 3 to pick 5. that's close enough to maintaining especially considering he hasn't broken out yet like Pickett has.

Also, not many forward pockets get drafted in the first round in general because they're speculative.

Rankine. went from pick 3 to pick 5. that's close enough to maintaining especially considering he hasn't broken out yet like Pickett has.

Also, not many forward pockets get drafted in the first round in general because they're speculative.

That's a reduction in value. The same reduction in pick point value with Pickett's pick #12 selection has him at pick #20 which amazingly is a very early second round pick.

Almost like I didn't pull that figure out of nowhere..

That's a reduction in value. The same reduction in pick point value with Pickett's pick #12 selection has him at pick #20 which amazingly is a very early second round pick.

Almost like I didn't pull that figure out of nowhere..
what the hell..so you're ignoring the fact that Pickett has blown his original value out of the water. laughable.

If the draft was done today, you think he's going at 12? if so name them. This will be good.

what the hell..so you're ignoring the fact that Pickett has blown his original value out of the water. laughable.

If the draft was done today, you think he's going at 12? if so name them. This will be good.

I'm suggesting that when small forwards are taken in the first round it's usually by clubs seeking an immediate plug and play option, they peak quickly because of that and it can be a high peak.

Pickett will be picked up by a club with as early a pick as they have to have him playing in finals if the draft was redone today, just like the clubs that will seek to lure him out of Melbourne - and they won't have a top ten pick in 2023.

I'm suggesting that when small forwards are taken in the first round it's usually by clubs seeking an immediate plug and play option, they peak quickly because of that and it can be a high peak.

Pickett will be picked up by a club with as early a pick as they have to have him playing in finals if the draft was redone today, just like the clubs that will seek to lure him out of Melbourne - and they won't have a top ten pick in 2023.
I do agree that generally forward pockets have an immediate impact simply because they are opportunistic and they aren't usually bashing and crashing packs. But I also think that small Forwards are becoming so valuable now that clubs are paying up for them. Rankine is a good example. Gold Coast losing Rankine puts them back 3 years. Nad he went to Adelaide who had pick 5. If rhey had pick 3 im sure they wouldve parted with that also. I think if we don't get a top 10 pick for Pickett then it would be 2 first rounders similar to Jackson.

I do agree that generally forward pockets have an immediate impact simply because they are opportunistic and they aren't usually bashing and crashing packs. But I also think that small Forwards are becoming so valuable now that clubs are paying up for them. Rankine is a good example. Gold Coast losing Rankine puts them back 3 years. Nad he went to Adelaide who had pick 5. If rhey had pick 3 im sure they wouldve parted with that also. I think if we don't get a top 10 pick for Pickett then it would be 2 first rounders similar to Jackson.
This is all highly optimistic.
Pickett would go for a pick between 10 and 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Kysaiah Pickett [Re-Signed till 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back