Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
I wasn't really fussed about him when I heard that he was testing the waters outside of Arden Street earlier in the week, but the more I think about it, the more I think he would be a good get.

Considering his game against us this year, when the rest of his team were capitulating, he was very handy. I'd actually prefer him to Gumby.

Thoughts?

I'm confused as to why he'd be on the table. I thought he was a regular best 18 for North?

Dollars. He's not happy with what they offered. This may be all a ruse to get them to up their contract offer.
I don't mind the idea of chasing him if it's genuine

I'm confused as to why he'd be on the table. I thought he was a regular best 18 for North?

Has only played 62 games in 4 or 5 seasons. Has struggled to nail down a spot in the best 18 but the second half of this year he was definitely a regular. He's been offered a contract but isn't quite happy with it.

I wasn't really fussed about him when I heard that he was testing the waters outside of Arden Street earlier in the week, but the more I think about it, the more I think he would be a good get.

Considering his game against us this year, when the rest of his team were capitulating, he was very handy. I'd actually prefer him to Gumby.

Thoughts?

He's virtually a carbon copy of Gumbo but without a dodgy back.

Thoughts?

I think he would be great for our team his body has matured and he looks a great player

He's virtually a carbon copy of Gumbo but without a dodgy back.

He's probably better as he's more versatile. Under 18s AA CHB, bit of a swingman, and consequently has never really settled in one spot yet.

In previous years he had unreal hands, seems to have disappeared this year for whatever reason. In the second half of 2010 he was the focal point of our attack and was pretty dominant. Second half of 2012 and he's just a contributor playing on either the second or third tall.

Pretty divisive figure at North. No-one really knows what his worth is. Oozes potential but no-one can predict whether we'll ever see it.

He's probably better as he's more versatile. Under 18s AA CHB, bit of a swingman, and consequently has never really settled in one spot yet.

In previous years he had unreal hands, seems to have disappeared this year for whatever reason. In the second half of 2010 he was the focal point of our attack and was pretty dominant. Second half of 2012 and he's just a contributor playing on either the second or third tall.

Pretty divisive figure at North. No-one really knows what his worth is. Oozes potential but no-one can predict whether we'll ever see it.

What do you reckon as a reasonable trade? First rounder? Or first rounder plus?

Dollars. He's not happy with what they offered. This may be all a ruse to get them to up their contract offer.
I don't mind the idea of chasing him if it's genuine

And is low down on the depth list there.

Behind Petrie, Tarrant and then they still have Goldstein (maybe HMac) and then last years draft pick in Black. So he may just want more opportunity, not money

And is low down on the depth list there.

Behind Petrie, Tarrant and then they still have Goldstein (maybe HMac) and then last years draft pick in Black. So he may just want more opportunity, not money

Pretty sure it's a money thing from what I've heard (on BF).

he isnt looking for more opportunity, he has pretty much nailed down a forward spot this year. This will be purely about the $$$.

im worried that we are not going to land a KPF with some talent, but at the same time am wary that we dont jump at the wrong option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would prefer to be chasing Aaron Black. Showed good skills during a game against Brisbane earlier this year. Hansen and Gumby would be good but to injury prone for my liking.

im worried that we are not going to land a KPF with some talent, but at the same time am wary that we dont jump at the wrong option

It's like we're going the opposite tack to the Saints..

Kosi, Blake, Wilkes. Lee*. If they get Mitch Brown then they'd have a full house of (*possible) wrong options..
Maybe they can take JA instead..

Would prefer to look at cheaper unproven but quality looking options like Jeremy McGovern and Mitchell Brown from Geelong who wouldn't cost as much in picks and have been held back by key forward depth at their clubs.

Reasonable argument.

Would prefer to look at cheaper unproven but quality looking options like Jeremy McGovern and Mitchell Brown from Geelong who wouldn't cost as much in picks and have been held back by key forward depth at their clubs.
This.. Hansen is one of the more vanilla KPF's out there imo. Take the punt on lesser proven options

Yeah im dreaming RE: McGovern.. But the only thing i can think North would take for him would be our 1st rounder (If not + a fringer flanker) and i wouldnt pay that for Hansen. Would rather draft Mason Shaw with the risk he could be a flop

he isnt looking for more opportunity, he has pretty much nailed down a forward spot this year. This will be purely about the $$$.

after Anthony and Tarrant I would agree. If we don't get one, I would like to see Morabito played up forward when he comes back. Less stress on his knees, and we now have Dearce on the opposing wing to Hill. As he is a similar size to Pav and also with good strength would be interested to see how he goes there (Shane Kersten who we wanted last year is also 191cm but lighter). Maybe Suma and Pav could tach him to be a CHF i.e. our missing link (kind of looks like one anyway)

When he's fit and ready to play:

Walters resting ruck Mayne
Mora Pav Ballas
(rotations with De Boer/Crozier; resting ruck could include Keplar)

That looks good for me if we can't get some superstar or future star (which appear unlikely).

I'dprefer Gumbleton, Personally I rekon he's going to be an absolute star and his injury luck could change at a new club. He's shown more Potential than Hansen and would probably come cheeper as well ... 4 me Gumbleton over Hansen every day of the wk

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachie Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back