Toast Lachie Hunter's 50th Game

Remove this Banner Ad

I admit I used to be a doubter but his last 15-20 games since his change of role (another great move by Bevo) have been outstanding. His two way running and link up ability are severely underrated and on top of being top 5 in the Charlie like you said Wiz he'd have to be in consideration for the extended All Australian squad. Good on you Lachie, you've become a very good player indeed.

Due to his massive increase in output over his last 20 or so games he has had unfair expectations planted on him by some on this board who seem to forget he is only 21 years old, and there are so many guys his age fighting for an opportunity in the league. He is right up there with the most exciting young guys on our list. His work rate for a midfielder is absolutely off the charts. As I have already pointed out before he is amongst the absolute elite mids in the competition for time on ground % and for his age he is just so far ahead of anyone else when it comes to work rate and endurance. Glad he is at 50 games already but can't wait until he gets to 100.

Scary, he is so good with so many fixable flaws.
His reluctance to and lack of poise at kicking for goal doesn't make sense. Needs to find a routine in his set shots. Needs to tune his goal kick technique. He stabs at the ball when kicking for goal.
He has a decent length on his kick but refuses to shoot from 50.

Will consistently show great poise in really tight situations but on ocassion panic kick when he has time. This will fix itself with maturity.

An absolute elite talent - tracking beautifully.

Always thought he had some exciting attributes but honestly didn't think he'd ever put it together.

It was probably a little bit unfair. The penny dropped at 20 for Lachie, plenty sooner than it does for many others.

We've got a potential superstar on our hands, if he can iron out a few flaws in his game. Regardless, he's very important to us.

His tank is so suited to the modern game, his disposal is crazy underrated and his contribution across the park takes the heat off his teammates.

There'll be some good times in the next 50.

Highest VO2 max scores at the club apparently - popular with his teammates. Probably has another 200 games ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is one I got wrong.
Only in that I had no idea he could reach this level. He is very close to being an elite footballer.
kicking , including for goal is a weakness , fix it and he's right up there.
Great game last night for. 50 gamer.

He is one I got wrong.
Only in that I had no idea he could reach this level. He is very close to being an elite footballer.
kicking , including for goal is a weakness , fix it and he's right up there.
Great game last night for. 50 gamer.
You and me both KH. The speed of his ascension and the level that he's reached astonish me. Didn't see it at all. Credit to Lachie, credit to Joel Corey and obviously, credit to Bev.

You and me both KH. The speed of his ascension and the level that he's reached astonish me. Didn't see it at all. Credit to Lachie, credit to Joel Corey and obviously, credit to Bev.

I remember Shifter Sheahan saying pre draft one of the things he needs to work on was to remain in the game.
He tended to drift in and out of games.
Since he got to us that's one problem he hasn't had !
He is a pure ball magnet.

I think Hunter is entering the conversation about whether he is as good as Parker now. I wouldn't have thought that remotely possible 12 mths ago.....
I don't think he's there yet. Without looking at stats, I'd guess Parker is getting similar numbers but including clearances and more importantly goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Lachie Hunter's 50th Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back