News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else thinking Brisbane wanting to do this has something to do with the 'filght risk' concerns of this years top picks

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

More to do with the type of player Neale is and the deficiency we have in our list at his age in the midfield.

Bit of talk Rich could be on the move to WA, pick 4 and Rich seems fair for Neale.

I could live with it in one way. Neale Fyfe and Blakely is an excellent stoppage midfield but weak defensively. We are not going to have a totally dominant tap winning ruckman* in our next flag push: I think the team is better balanced with Brayshaw taking all of Neales minutes on the ball with Cerra and one of draft pick 4 or 6 being the first two players rotated in (ultimately pushing Blakely out onto rotating off HBF).

Is it worth the disruption to trying to build a strong sense of team, us against them etc. etc. Such a big part of the side leaving? Not sure it is.

*Darcy is simply not tall enough to be winning 70% of the taps every week. His ability to halve contests through strength and his second efforts will more than make up for it though.
Of the three you mentioned, Blakely is without doubt the least effective.

Probably hasn't come along as much as he could have.

Just because the offer sounds good doesn't mean you should always take it. There's a culture in place and someone like Lachie will drive it. I mean the guy lives with Andrew Brayshaw. I just feel he's a respected, quiet sort of achiever who clearly concentrates on his football and seems to have learnt a bit from Pav in that way.

If we'd just won the flag then **** yeah sure, take it, thanks for everything, if you wanna go then go. But I don't think we should be encouraging this.

The simple fact he's considering leaving isn't really a good indication of where the club is at, is it?

I mean he came out in the media last week and spoke about building a culture and finding a new style to define the group coming up.

Most of this shit is lip service to the media and lap dogging members who don't want to think shit is afoot.

More to do with the type of player Neale is and the deficiency we have in our list at his age in the midfield.

Bit of talk Rich could be on the move to WA, pick 4 and Rich seems fair for Neale.
How highly do you guys rate Starcevich. I dont want to do this trade let me be clear but if we did this trade we would be relegating ourselves to the shitbin for the forseeable future, I dont think Rich would be all that desirable given his age. We wouldnt be competing while he is any good

We ' believe ' we have our ball users of half back , in fact we are probably getting into overstocked territory.

No way on that one sorry

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rich 4 and 22 seeing as Lions initiated it and well why the **** not

You overrate draft picks. A first round draft pick is a gamble, Neale is a sure thing(and weller to an extent)

Any player on any list is a gamble, injuries ,loss of form .
4,5 and a second round pick could land us two gun mids and a KP or 2 youngsters and an experienced kpf. The potential to improve the list is huge. Hawks would do this in a heartbeat and this type of trade started them on the road to glory.

How highly do you guys rate Starcevich. I dont want to do this trade let me be clear but if we did this trade we would be relegating ourselves to the shitbin for the forseeable future, I dont think Rich would be all that desirable given his age. We wouldnt be competing while he is any good

Very highly. Doesn't get a lot of the ball but looks very composed and uses it really well. Just signed a 2 year extension a week or 2 ago.

4,5 and a second round pick could land us two gun mids and a KP or 2 youngsters and an experienced kpf. The potential to improve the list is huge. Hawks would do this in a heartbeat and this type of trade started them on the road to glory.
I disagree Hawthorn would not do this in a heartbeat .The difference is Hawthorns stars were way past their prime when they were moved on .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Debuted at the end of the year and showed a few signs, probably a year or two off being a consistent contributor. Probably the least advanced of our early picks the last few years. He's re-signed until 2021 and his uncle is our AFLW coach so I think he is pretty settled and we wouldn't want to move him.

Rich is an interesting one - he's on a lot of money until 2021 so if he was to move we would have to pay a lot of his salary. If you were going to do a trade I don't think you'd really want him and another early draft pick as well as pick 5 would be the better offer.

Discarding Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis after 4 premierships is slightly different to getting rid of one of the best players in a rebuilding side who also happens to be in the prime of his career.

The equivalent would be them offloading one of the above circa 2010. Given what transpired in the following years, it's safe to say that would've been a bad idea.

On balance the side would probably be better off with pick 4 and 22 (Maybe 2020 third to Brisbane) longer term. Would enable the building of a truly awesome cap busting starting midfieldt: Fyfe, Brayshaw, Cerra, Smith?, Blakely.
However that would put the 2019 Freo team just two injuries away from having the most experienced player starting at a centre square bounce being on 50 games: The current administration would probably be against that since they are only 3 or 4 late season floggings next year from all walking the plank with Ross.

I disagree Hawthorn would not do this in a heartbeat .The difference is Hawthorns stars were way past their prime when they were moved on .

Hawthorn did this when they snaffled our picks for Hodge and co. If you havent noticed the Hawks went on to multiple cups on the back of those picks and we , well we are still trying to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back