News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was happy eating my golden gaytime icecreams up until not so long ago (but now I can't go past the connoisseur ice cream - yummmm!), Gaiety still fills the air and people called Gaye have not all died out as yet.

When the Flintstones theme starts and they're having a gay ole time, while we expect that Fred and Barny will go off together at some point and that Wilma and Betty will be home alone on the couch at some point, we know that they will fight and squabble - but in general be happy. We don't expect that after the gay ole time intro, that they will fly to Sydney for the mardis gras.

Ok I'll bite.

My comment was "gay" to mean happy.

The name "Gaye" therefore doesn't count. Go do a check of the last 20 years at the Registry Office and find out how many babies were named Gaye. I'm betting close to none. But irrelevant anyway.

Golden Gaytimes are delicious, and have become a bit of an ironic icon of the LGBTI community, and AFAIK, the official icecream of Mardi Gras. You bet that Streets have dined off this, and if it was on the nose for them, they probably would have changed the name, just for ease of not looking like discriminatory fools whose sales were going to be affected by the name of the product.. And doctors and dentists who used to endorse cigarettes back in the 1950s. And remember the "****"lollies from the 1970s/80s that used to come in the cigarette looking box - long, thin, white with a red "glowing" ember on the end? Well, the connection was made between smoking and any number of cancers and other diseases, and doctors and dentists stopped endorsing smoking, and the lollies are now called "Fads" - if they even available anymore.

And 'The Flintstones'. What a great fun cartoon that was - from the 1960s. 50+ years ago...

Gaiety I'll concede. But "gay" as an adjective, and using "gay" in a derogatory manner is a little different IMHO from "gaiety" the noun, which sounds different enough, and which I would hedge my bets the Average Millennial Joe (or Joan) wouldn't really use all that often, to not carry any of the associated vilification that using "gay" as a slur does.

Y’all got any of them Lachie Neales?

Apologies for being off topic mate.

That article was a lot of words without any meaning. Basically, he isn't going to rock any boats, so he'll only be saying good words about Brisbane and nothing bad about Fremantle. The only things in it were, the anonymity in QLD is good and that he considers perth home, so he'll eventually be back even if he doesn't pull on a local footy jumper ever again.

Thanks for everything Lachie Neale.

Because of you, we have a new shiny Hogan and Lobb and a Sturt. We don't know what they will amount to yet or what effect losing you will have on performance of the team in general but I have hope that we are a better team now than we were at the end of the last season.

I'm sorry to lose you, I think we would be better with you, but I think we might be better now anyway and we couldn't have what we do now and keep you.

I wish you all best but that has a firm caveat that although I wish you a Brownlow Medal - if a Fremantle Docker is also in the running I hope you finish one vote less. If you are having a great year and come into the game against Fremantle, I hope your opponent runs off you all day and sets up ten goals.

You're in the frenemy zone. I hope your mother in law doesn't move over the Brisbane to follow you two.

8c3bd3ad0a883b3cc26841cff7f7a639

15FrBr18DC0988.JPG

15FrBr18DC0993.JPG

acf26f6b61c198fd7c07fdbea4942afa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back