Traded Lachie Neale [traded with #30 to Brisbane for #6, #19 and #55]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 4 seems a blindingly obvious trade if he wants to go. He’s an accumulator who isn’t worth much more, Mitchell went for 14

He also isn’t required to come out and defend the coach. He did though, could have danced around it.

You’re kidding yourself if you think Freo board would keep Lyon if every player hated him.

At no stage did I imply what anyone else thought of anyone else.

Picks 4 and 22 otherwise what's the incentive for Freo? They'll probably get an early pick if he leaves next year as a FA. There needs to be extra sugar to let him go a year early.

Yeah I daresay that's what would happen - although I'd much rather hold out for our 1st and 3rd picks.

Our first this year and next is selling the farm though and I just can't see it happening.

Yeah I daresay that's what would happen - although I'd much rather hold out for our 1st and 3rd picks.

Our first this year and next is selling the farm though and I just can't see it happening.

If they are offering 900k a season for 6 seasons then they are clearly very keen on him, think we will be very well compensated if he does end up leaving

I dont think many people can see Freo climbing up the ladder drastically next season so our compensation pick will probably be around 4/5 anyway next year, so it will have to be a fair bit more than 4 to get us to part ways with him this year, otherwise we just keep him and back ourselves in to sign him, and brisbane run the risk of every other team throwing alot of money at him next year

I dont think many people can see Freo climbing up the ladder drastically next season so our compensation pick will probably be around 4/5 anyway next year, so it will have to be a fair bit more than 4 to get us to part ways with him this year, otherwise we just keep him and back ourselves in to sign him, and brisbane run the risk of every other team throwing alot of money at him next year

The balance to that is that Bris uses pick 4 this year and gets him for nothing next year, that is a fair incentive to not pay too much this year.

The balance to that is that Bris uses pick 4 this year and gets him for nothing next year, that is a fair incentive to not pay too much this year.

That is a very fair point, but i just cant see freo accepting it unless its a fair bit more than pick 4 otherwise it doesnt benefit us at all, and like you say brisbane might not offer that and try get him for free next season, will be very interesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah talk of two top five picks makes no sense when we can get him next year and have Neale + our two top five picks.
Yeah but your club is trying to get him this year, aren't they? That's why there is a conversation about him. So what are they going to give up that makes sense for Freo to let him go while contracted?

If the lions decide to wait until next year and get him for nothing then Fremantle lose out on pick 4 this year for one more year of Neale.
But Brisbane are chasing him this year. Which part of that are you struggling with?

And if Neale leaves as a free agent in 12 months, Freo will get a Band 1 pick as compensation, which will probably be not too far off pick 4.

So what do Freo lose by keeping him? What are Brisbane going to offer to shake Neale loose this year?

Try to answer that question without suggesting we live in an alternative reality where Brisbane wants Neale in 12 months not this year.

Yeah but your club is trying to get him this year, aren't they? That's why there is a conversation about him. So what are they going to give up that makes sense for Freo to let him go while contracted?

If Fremantle want more then we are prepared to trade they may decide to wait a year. Fremantle lose pick 5. Lions lose Neale but keep pick 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Lachie Neale [traded with #30 to Brisbane for #6, #19 and #55]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back