MRP / Trib. Lachie Schultz rabbit punch on Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Chased a bloke and hit him from behind. 1 week is laughable, Should be 3 weeks. And enough with the ‘footy act’ please, you do that on the streets and you’ll yourself spending some time on his majesty’s correction centre.

Lol. You clearly haven't been paying attention to crime recently. Do this, and you'll be out on bail. Schultz could punch him in the head, rob his house, steal his car, go for a joy ride and crash into other cars and he'd still be out on bail.

Lol. You clearly haven't been paying attention to crime recently. Do this, and you'll be out on bail. Schultz could punch him in the head, rob his house, steal his car, go for a joy ride and crash into other cars and he'd still be out on bail.
Maybe in Victoria. I’m expecting Schultz to be issued an apology for getting his knuckles dirty

That's nasty. Unbelievable that gets a week and a football collision is worth a month.

You're allowed to punch players in the guts off the ball and get off. Now you can run up behind someone and coward punch them in the back of the head and it's worth a week.

I remember some Richmond flog (Conca maybe?) running up behind some bloke because he lost a wrestle and elbowing him in the back of the head. I reckon that also got a week.

BuBIfgZCAAAAIIm.jpg:large

These sort of incidents should go to the tribunal. Make a stand

That's nasty. Unbelievable that gets a week and a football collision is worth a month.

You're allowed to punch players in the guts off the ball and get off. Now you can run up behind someone and coward punch them in the back of the head and it's worth a week.

I remember some Richmond flog (Conca maybe?) running up behind some bloke because he lost a wrestle and elbowing him in the back of the head. I reckon that also got a week.

I remember that incident, Conca sprinted like 20 metres in order to hit the Giants player in the back of the head.

Deserves 2 weeks. No one should be punching someone in the back of the head.

One of our players innocuously falls on top of another player in a tackle after said player tried to shrug him off. Just two players in a contest awkwardly landing. Obviously, it is inevitably dismissed at the MRP.

Another one of our players runs up from behind and sucker punches a guy in the back of the head. A disgraceful act.

Guess which one gets all the attention?

Everyone involved in the AFL as an administrator, media member or fan appears to be completely nuts.

I thought the "coward punch" was something as a society we are trying to stamp out and come down hard on.
Do it on a footy field and cop the minimum time on the sideline.
Doesn't make sense really.
Tackle someone in play who hurls themselves to the ground to get a free and you get the same or worse.

The AFL are always banging on about cleaning the game up, wanting to set examples etc etc and then have multiple opportunities, like this one, to make a stand and they go weak at the knees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if I'm being silly here, but how is an unprompted, straight up punch to the back of the head not more than 1 week?
I don't think that's silly at all. I actually feel hitting someone when their back is turned is the height of cowardice and should receive severe penalty ..... but this is the AFL, and hitting the head on the ground is flavour of the month.

I don't think that's silly at all. I actually feel hitting someone when their back is turned is the height of cowardice and should receive severe penalty ..... but this is the AFL, and hitting the head on the ground is flavour of the month.

Maybe I saw a bad clip of it, but it genuinely looks worse than any punch in recent history except for maybe Gaff's. I find the lack of reaction from the media bit puzzling.

Reese Conca got two weeks for this hit on Devon Smith.

Including with Gillon coming out and saying it should've been sent to the Tribunal instead of the MRO dealing with it using the matrix. ie the Tribunal in 2014 had more discresion in applying suspension length.

Good to see they've learned from that a decade later in halving the suspension.

there were rumours about Acres being toxic in the playing group
Watch the Acres episode of Old Bull Young Buck. Seems he loved pushing pranks to the nth degree, but it also seemed he was pretty well loved for it too. Purely speculation but I can see Schultz being the kind of guy that would not only take a prank personally but hold onto it for the rest of his life

Weird one huh. No love lost from their freo days ?

Schulz and Acres are still great mates from their Freo days. Zero animosity.

I think they were just being very competitive trying to one up each other. He obviously pulled the punch late and didn’t want to hurt Blake but it is still a horrible look to have players being unexpectedly hit from behind off the ball.

Schulz and Acres are still great mates from their Freo days. Zero animosity.

I think they were just being very competitive trying to one up each other. He obviously pulled the punch late and didn’t want to hurt Blake but it is still a horrible look to have players being unexpectedly hit from behind off the ball.

Yeh man, zero animosity . :$

I thought the "coward punch" was something as a society we are trying to stamp out and come down hard on.
Do it on a footy field and cop the minimum time on the sideline.
Doesn't make sense really.
Tackle someone in play who hurls themselves to the ground to get a free and you get the same or worse.

The AFL are always banging on about cleaning the game up, wanting to set examples etc etc and then have multiple opportunities, like this one, to make a stand and they go weak at the knees.

Schultz didnt punch him in the head, it was the top of his back.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Lachie Schultz rabbit punch on Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Back