Traded Lachie Schultz [Traded to Collingwood for #34 and F1]

Remove this Banner Ad

The howler isnt really the giving up for Schultz almost, it was viewing him as a replacement for a outgoing player whose just much much much better

If Schulz came in as a needed best 22 player and the trade ends up pick 5 for Schultz, well then bad luck happens. Take the risk and sometimes they work, sometimes they dont

Giving up a much better footballer to replace him with a lesser one and then actively giving up pick 5 in the process is just what blows this out into the failure it is.

Makes up for the James Clement &Paul Medhurst trades I suppose.

In hindsight, probably thought they were trading away a pick in the high teens. Even then it's a pretty big overpay.
That high teen pick would be pushed back with F/S and Academy picks too.
From pies perspective at the time they felt they were paying two 2nd rd picks which is a good deal for Freos top goalkicker 20-23

What explains his sudden fall from grace? I know he has had some niggles, but the overall drop off is pretty incredible. I thought they had well at the time too.
Pies haven’t been setting the world on fire and if your not a million dollar recruit you wont be your team mates first option in your first year
Freo now for the first time ever have a great culture of getting the best out of players.
lobb acres Aish Shultz Brodie have played most of their best footy at the anchors.

What explains his sudden fall from grace? I know he has had some niggles, but the overall drop off is pretty incredible. I thought they had well at the time too.

Maybe, at Freo he knew his role and had earns his team mates respect. As he had their respect, they looked for him to dish off to.

At Collingwood, he may still trying to work out what his role is. Still putting in the work to earn the team mates respect, and then they will seek him out to dish off.

His confidence is down.

On track for 30 goals (if he hadn't missed any games) and still pressures a heap. (he was always a pressure first forward)

Not sure there has been a significant drop off, it's just that as a small forward he would've been expected to improve in a better team, unfortunately for Pies fans, the whole team has had a dropoff this year.

The equivalent of pick 4 in points being handed over as of right now.

+ Ginnivan + any hope of landing Bailey Smith.

Its set them back 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny Dance Dancing GIF by Strapped Entertainment

Truly believe in 10 years from now we will remember this trade.

I dont think atleast in my time a trade has ever been this one sided? Id be surprised if he ist well entrenched in the VFL team by this time next year. He is a absolute mile off it.
Trent Croad traded for Luke Hodge & Sam Mitchell.

2 years and 38 games later traded back to Freo for Ryley Dunn.

Croad becomes a premiership player - along side Hodge & Mitchell.

Dunn plays 8 games.

Trent Croad traded for Luke Hodge & Sam Mitchell.

2 years and 38 games later traded back to Freo for Ryley Dunn.

Croad becomes a premiership player - along side Hodge & Mitchell.

Dunn plays 8 games.
Trent croad plus Luke McPharlin for Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell.

So yes, the Trent Croad element sucked but essentialy we spent Pick 1 on a bloke who played 200+ games for us and was All Australian.

Trent Croad had a career eqivalent to a pick 30s for us.

The equivalent of pick 4 in points being handed over as of right now.

+ Ginnivan + any hope of landing Bailey Smith.

Its set them back 3 years.
You say that but Collingwood will be ok. They turn Frampton into a premiership player who towelled up Charlie/McKay. If one team can recover from the trade, it’s the pies. If this was Carlton or North, it’d be another spoon.

Truly believe in 10 years from now we will remember this trade.

I dont think atleast in my time a trade has ever been this one sided? Id be surprised if he ist well entrenched in the VFL team by this time next year. He is a absolute mile off it.
It's very ugly for Collingwood but the Dockers don't win the trade unless they take a good player with their pick. Time will tell. For what it's worth, Schultz has kicked more goals than any Fremantle small this year in a year they were in the hunt for the top four/premiership.

You say that but Collingwood will be ok. They turn Frampton into a premiership player who towelled up Charlie/McKay. If one team can recover from the trade, it’s the pies. If this was Carlton or North, it’d be another spoon.

Yeah, i get your point, but this is a big one.

Bailey Smith was openly in disucssions with the pies, then they burnt their draft capital on Schultz.

Ginnivan also then asked for a trade.

Imagine Collingwood replacing Sidebottom with Smith, and then Ginnivan just continuing to grow in his role. They would be a 3 to 4 goal better team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Lachie Schultz [Traded to Collingwood for #34 and F1]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back