Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope this puts to bed the myth that trading in experience is automatically better than players from the draft cause they can impact immediately and are "guaranteed" to give 100 games. Look at the impact and excitement that Harrison and Richards provided. And it's not like it's a new thing. Drafting in McCreery and Ginnivan immediately transformed our small forward line. Stephenson did the same in 2018.

Also hoping it puts to bed the myth that Schultz is some "elite" forward. Can't fault his endeavour but he's just an honest battler. We way overpaid.
I think it was more of a decision to go 'all in' for 2024. We gave up two draft picks - 2023 2nd round, and 2024 1st round (who hasn't been drafted yet). Neither of those would help us this year.

I definitely think it was the wrong trade, but it was due to the philosophy.

I think it was more of a decision to go 'all in' for 2024. We gave up two draft picks - 2023 2nd round, and 2024 1st round (who hasn't been drafted yet). Neither of those would help us this year.

I definitely think it was the wrong trade, but it was due to the philosophy.
If that was the philosophy we should've held Adams and Ginnivan to their contracts and just skipped Schultz. Could've gone in for a Ben McKay as well if we were really serious. KPD is an area that we're lacking in depth way more than a small forward.

Feels like everyone in here is bagging him out. He wears the black and white, get around him.
No enough is enough of the "get around him"

He has not lived up to the premium we paid for him plain and simple.

It was a horrible trade and should be called out as such

Hate to put a result down to one moment, but dam that miss at the end was costly. Although he probably won’t be dropped, I think he needs to be put on the chopping block for selection soon, performance just wasn’t good enough today.

I hope this puts to bed the myth that trading in experience is automatically better than players from the draft cause they can impact immediately and are "guaranteed" to give 100 games. Look at the impact and excitement that Harrison and Richards provided. And it's not like it's a new thing. Drafting in McCreery and Ginnivan immediately transformed our small forward line. Stephenson did the same in 2018.

Also hoping it puts to bed the myth that Schultz is some "elite" forward. Can't fault his endeavour but he's just an honest battler. We way overpaid.
exactly this. eye wateringly poor decision from the club to trade in for a position that was in no way, an area of need ..with two young, hungry, quick, clean hands & skilled players in HH and JR ready to take their chance, fill the role & impact the team.

now layer in the cost of that trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that was the philosophy we should've held Adams and Ginnivan to their contracts and just skipped Schultz. Could've gone in for a Ben McKay as well if we were really serious. KPD is an area that we're lacking in depth way more than a small forward.
I don't disagree, although both wanted out. I think the club probably thought Schulz was better than either of them.

McKay was a FA - we couldn't afford him.

exactly this. eye wateringly poor decision from the club to trade in for a position that was in no way, an area of need ..with two young, hungry, quick, clean hands & skilled players in HH and JR ready to take their chance, fill the role & impact the team.

now layer in the cost of that trade
This is what poster Loki04 argued right from the beginning.

He's a nuggety fellow but the way he moves I always laugh and wonder how much chafing is occurring between those thighs of his.

I wonder if he'd be better served losing some of his bulk and playing lighter if indeed that's at all possible with his body shape?

I'm not a hater but I did think when we drafted him he was more fleet of foot than he looks to be.

Isn't quite working for him so far offensively but the defensive effort is there.

No enough is enough of the "get around him"

He has not lived up to the premium we paid for him plain and simple.

It was a horrible trade and should be called out as such
Calling out the trade =/= mercilessly potting the player.

Schultz was undoubtedly poor, and we need more from senior players like him, especially with such a young team. But your dismissal of the “get around him” idea shows that you’re completely out of touch with the clubs culture. I’m sure they hold him to high standards whilst supporting him

I still don’t really care we gave up a future first for him, but we knew we had Richard’s on the list his position was never a need even with moonee valley boy on his way out

That missed tackle in the middle of the ground. Cmon Lachie that’s what your in the side for..

I still don’t really care we gave up a future first for him, but we knew we had Richard’s on the list his position was never a need even with moonee valley boy on his way out

That missed tackle in the middle of the ground. Cmon Lachie that’s what your in the side for..
Tbf Richards has come out of nowhere this year. Last year he was almost on the Cooper Murley trajectory of getting moved to the rookie list after one season.

Just looks so much better in the Afl than the Vfl

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back