Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Confidence is a hell out of a thing. Lose it and it's hard to get back. Bloke has been playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders from pretty early on. Fans talk about how it's a no brainier for players wanting to come to a massive club like ours, but it's not always, and I know some players are wary of this. There's no hiding at Collingwood, on the field on or social media.

Pressure and tackling has been first rate from him this year. But there's clear signs of a bloke that's struggling. Going to ground for no reason when the ball comes to him, second guessing his decisions, sometimes doesn't look like he wants to take a shot at goal. Body language is pretty telling.

But he's a much better player than this. He's going to cop it after tonight again, but I'm hopeful with the team crashing out and a fresh season with shifted expectations he can find some good form next year

Fair and kind assessment. :thumbsu: Schultz is struggling.

The bloke is down. Why lay the boots in?

It’s been an annoyance all year.
When he arrived he was talked up by some supporters as being our best forward and potential AA.
The guy tries hard but has not lived up to expectations.
I’m hopeful he’ll be better in his second year.

Confidence is a hell out of a thing. Lose it and it's hard to get back. Bloke has been playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders from pretty early on. Fans talk about how it's a no brainier for players wanting to come to a massive club like ours, but it's not always, and I know some players are wary of this. There's no hiding at Collingwood, on the field on or social media.

Pressure and tackling has been first rate from him this year. But there's clear signs of a bloke that's struggling. Going to ground for no reason when the ball comes to him, second guessing his decisions, sometimes doesn't look like he wants to take a shot at goal. Body language is pretty telling.

But he's a much better player than this. He's going to cop it after tonight again, but I'm hopeful with the team crashing out and a fresh season with shifted expectations he can find some good form next year
Great post mate.

He was a great player at Freo. Remember when we got Chris Mayne and we criticised him (rightfully) early? By the end of his deal/career we were singing his praises.

Yes the currency isn’t great but one we tick over to next year that will be a thing of the past and hopefully like you said with a clean slate and new confidence he’ll be the player he was at Freo

I have been saying it all year. He is a joke and whoever traded for him should be removed. Just get rid of him and take a stand!

Hopefully Wright does NOT Come Back

Great post mate.

He was a great player at Freo. Remember when we got Chris Mayne and we criticised him (rightfully) early? By the end of his deal/career we were singing his praises.

Yes the currency isn’t great but one we tick over to next year that will be a thing of the past and hopefully like you said with a clean slate and new confidence he’ll be the player he was at Freo
We didn’t give up a top 10 pick for Mayne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got more goals, tackles & pressure acts than Ginni & played one less game.
People all season have been saying “Oh but Ginni better”

Here’s the thing… he’s given a new role at the Hawks by Mitchell further up the ground and that’s why he’s playing different, he has had some great games this year but a LOT of meh ones.

I’ll stand by the fact that getting rid of him was the right call, for him in particular to grow and smarten up.

Fair and kind assessment. :thumbsu: Schultz is struggling.

The bloke is down. Why lay the boots in?
Because he is a protected species. The club plays its favorites no matter what crap they serve up.
He just been terrible and will still get another game next week...... and the next etc etc
You get the feeling the club just don't want to admit they got the trade wrong especially with Ginni doing so well.

People all season have been saying “Oh but Ginni better”

Here’s the thing… he’s given a new role at the Hawks by Mitchell further up the ground and that’s why he’s playing different, he has had some great games this year but a LOT of meh ones.

I’ll stand by the fact that getting rid of him was the right call, for him in particular to grow and smarten up.
And we didn’t get rid of him. He wanted out. We didn’t try to stop him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back