Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like I have to say it again. Schultz has been well worth the pick we traded for him. He's had a good year and I think we'll really see his value next year.
Watch key boards light up when Freo pick up a player with that pick and they become a gun.

Watch key boards light up when Freo pick up a player with that pick and they become a gun.
Watch keyboards gather dust if the player Freo picks becomes a dud, because everyone complains about the pick and forgets about the player selected. For reference see the 500 pages of complaints about the first round pick given away for Beams (Ely Smith 0 games)

Watch keyboards gather dust if the player Freo picks becomes a dud, because everyone complains about the pick and forgets about the player selected. For reference see the 500 pages of complaints about the first round pick given away for Beams (Ely Smith 0 games)
It won’t matter who Freo picks, I would say it would have no relation to who we would have picked.
Don’t think Freo would have picked Pendles.
And this dude was a significant factor in 2010 + 2023.
We may have no flags since 1990 if we’d traded pick 5 that year.

And to the post above, I can only think of 2-3 posters who had a stupid swipe at Schultz. Many just didn’t want our first traded. Let’s not go through this again.

It won’t matter who Freo picks, I would say it would have no relation to who we would have picked.
Don’t think Freo would have picked Pendles.
And this dude was a significant factor in 2010 + 2023.
We may have no flags since 1990 if we’d traded pick 5 that year.

And to the post above, I can only think of 2-3 posters who had a stupid swipe at Schultz. Many just didn’t want our first traded. Let’s not go through this again.
Good thing that we didn't trade pick 5 for Schultz. Instead we parted with pick 10, that at a minimum is getting pushed out to 11; which based on history would be lucky to produce a player of Lachie's calibre, let alone an outright star.

Good thing that we didn't trade pick 5 for Schultz. Instead we parted with pick 10, that at a minimum is getting pushed out to 11; which based on history would be lucky to produce a player of Lachie's calibre, let alone an outright star.

There’s been plenty of busts at every pick, maybe get rid of the first round altogether (or perhaps from your post, just have the first round to pick 9!) and everyone just trade their picks 10-25

We all want Lachie to star next year
Many of us thought trading our f1 irresponsible to bring him in
Many dont
I think he could and should have been brought in without parting w it
I’ve provided pretty good reasons in many previous posts

I’d really like to have pick 10 (sorry, 11) this year

Anyway, I’ll try not to post about it again - it’s just difficult when I keep reading the same reasons for trying justify the trade again and again

I wish the thread was shut.
Maybe I’ll just unsubscribe

There’s been plenty of busts at every pick, maybe get rid of the first round altogether (or perhaps from your post, just have the first round to pick 9!) and everyone just trade their picks 10-25

Many dont

Anyway, I’ll try not to post about it again - it’s just difficult when I keep reading the same reasons for trying justify the trade again and again

The problem is that almost every time this thread gets bumped the next post is to do with the trade and the conversation around it is always so short sighted. The reality is that nobody knows yet whether the trade will end up being good or bad but every missed goal, free kick or dropped mark Lachie does, this bullshit gets raised again.

The problem is that almost every time this thread gets bumped the next post is to do with the trade and the conversation around it is always so short sighted. The reality is that nobody knows yet whether the trade will end up being good or bad but every missed goal, free kick or dropped mark Lachie does, this bullshit gets raised again.
He’s ours so we just support him now

Many dont

Hope you don’t unsubscribe SchuPie. I didn’t have a strong opinion either way with the Lachie trade but I do enjoy reading other’s opinions and insights and preferences and hope you stick around.

He’s ours so we just support him now
I wish that were true. This year Shultz looked like he was playing with the world on his shoulders and there's "supporters" on here, and no doubt out in the real world, that would have been partly responsible for him feeling that way. The guy chose to play for us when there were several clubs chasing him and we treated him horribly because of a draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many dont

Stick around shuey, your good value.

Hope you don’t unsubscribe SchuPie. I didn’t have a strong opinion either way with the Lachie trade but I do enjoy reading other’s opinions and insights and preferences and hope you stick around.

Stick around shuey, your good value.
Sorry gents, wasn’t being dramatic.
I just meant unsubscribing to Schultz thread

And agree, life would be a little boring if all the same.

Let’s just hope Shooter rips it apart in 2025

Many dont

It was just a bad investment on our ladder position. If I was into regret, I'd have a damn site more regrets for investments that I played safe on and kept the money in the bank than on ones where I did put my money down.

We should have just as much regret for choosing to leave our future first in the bank at the end of 2021. Coming off a second last finish, we would have gotten a lot more for it than what it ended up being - pick 18.

But shit happens or good things happen and the ladder position can swing significantly away from your predictions. And when we do use a pick on a kid it's an even greater risk than Schultz. We've got to invest and use our picks at some stage - we can't always just send them into the future. And whether we use them at the draft or on a trade like Schultz - they're risky investments.

The funny thing is that despite all the talk of trading future firsts being too risky, it's the opposite - a trade for Schultz is actually the safer more conserative use than holding a future first to use on a more speculative kid the year later. As it's played out, the riskier bet would have been the way to go - as the chance of a big reward would be far greater - but that comes down to getting the ladder position prediction wrong.

Sorry gents, wasn’t being dramatic.
I just meant unsubscribing to Schultz thread

And agree, life would be a little boring if all the same.

Let’s just hope Shooter rips it apart in 2025
Unwatching was what you meant. That's what I thought anyway.

I've considered it myself for this thread too. Sick of the poor bloke getting bagged every second day.

I honestly think he was pretty good. Maybe folks are judging him on his goal output. He'll kick more goals next year. He covers so much ground that it's not unusual for him to be chopping out in defence. I'm happy with trade, Mcguane next year anyway, so we can hopefully trade into this years first

We all hope he improves and he probably will but last year's output would have been fine if he cost us pick 30 alone without being on top of pick 10.

Stop lying to yourselves.

We all hope he improves and he probably will but last year's output would have been fine if he cost us pick 30 alone without being on top of pick 10.

Stop lying to yourselves.
And just like that here's the perfect example of what we're talking about. It's impossible for some to evaluate Schultz's performance without handcuffing him to the trade amount.

Maybe we should apply this rhetoric over and over again to all players and see how it goes for them:

"We all hope Quaynor improves and he probably will but last year's output would have been fine if he cost us pick 30 instead of 13"

And just like that here's the perfect example of what we're talking about. It's impossible for some to evaluate Schultz's performance without handcuffing him to the trade amount.

Maybe we should apply this rhetoric over and over again to all players and see how it goes for them:

"We all hope Quaynor improves and he probably will but last year's output would have been fine if he cost us pick 30 instead of 13"
Didn't cost 13. He was matched by later picks. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back